Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Anonymous

I spend WAY too much time on Ebay!

Lately I've had the fucking dumbest people in the world buy from me. I had one girl win an item and send cash from some far away country. She was supposed to send me $17.50 but she sent $15 cash with a note asking me to send her change! Whu?

I had another one mad at me for leaving negative feedback when she failed to contact me for MONTHS after the auction ended. Then she wanted to know if she could still buy the item!

In shopping news, I've been scoping some very cute vintage cloths on ebay recently. Wheee!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Ebay is a dangerous place, alright. I go through phases where I look at the vintage clothing auctions obsessively. Unfortunately (or probably fortunately), my curvaceous modern size limits my options.

I need to get into the selling side of things. The Boy's been making a tidy little sum selling some of his racing photos on Ebay, but I got nothin'.

Comment

It's amazing how one asshole can ruin something for you. I've never had to file a NPB (Non-Paying Bidder report) until this week, and the fact that it's over an item that was under four dollars is just ridiculous.

I did get the world's cutest raincoat and my very favorite Everyday-Purse there.
      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

I've just finished selling a load of stuff and seemed to have the dumbest people on earth this time around as well.

All over my auction pages it states that these are second-hand items, that this is an auction not a department store, that I'm not a frigging retail outlet so NO, you can't send it back and expect your money back if it doesn't fit!

Yet I receive emails asking if they can send it back if they don't like it/it doesn't fit. Luckily (so far) they've emailed before the auction has closed. It is so hard to stay polite when they ask about returns. The items have a starting price of $1 for god's sake! Not $1 million.

Comment

I'm selling a ton of crap on Half.com () and I got this email tonight:

"You said your cd is brand new, but not in shrinkwrap. How is that even possible? Please reply."

This is why FanGirls should not be allowed to breed. Has he not heard of listening to a cd once and not liking it? It's still brand new, dillhole!
          "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

This has me
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Bwha. *How* did you find that?

Comment

Why is that every time I advertise an auction as U.S. only I get tons of international inquiries? And when I email them back and give them a shipping price why do they ALWAYS email me and tell me how much I should be charging them? All international bidders expect me to charge actual shipping when shipping internationally is much more time consuming!

If I ship via priority mail within the U.S. I get free postal supplies and I never have to actually go to the post office! International shipping requires me to get shipping supplies, wait in line, fill out green forms, research how much it costs to ship the item and on and on.

It's been making me kerr-azy lately!

Comment

Why dont you add a statement to that effect in your terms & conditions?

As an international bidder, I totally understand that it's more time consuming and the packaging requirements are different in an international transaction, but it does seem that some sellers charge way, WAY, too much for postage. And that pisses me off. I've been quoted postage prices that are three or four times the actual price of the item.

As for the inquiries to "US only" auctions, if I really like something, of course I'm going to ask whether they'd consider sending overseas. They can always say no.

Comment

I guess I have to remember that bidders don't know me and don't know that I usually ship internationally except when I'm particularly busy and know I won't be able to make it to the post office in a timely manner.

*checks self*

Comment

When I'm bored I like to read the discussion forums over there because they're so hilarious! But also there's a lot of good information about the latest scams and such (though if you have never used eBay before and read the boards first you'd probably be too afraid of being ripped off to ever go near the place). A friend of mine just told me about how he lost $2000 on a scam auction for a bike, and all the red flags were there (seller wanted cash through Western Union, etc.). I was like if only you'd come to me first!

I feel bad for him, though. Very little chance of seeing that cash again. But then again, I wouldn't buy anything that expensive through eBay.

Comment

I don't think I'd buy anything that expensive through ebay, either. The seller would have to have an *amazing* feedback profile.

Comment

I've done expensive purchases from eBay but it's always been for items that I can back up with research from hallmarks, collector books or contacts I have who are knowledgeable in the respective field. My majolica guy recently passed away. *sniff* I think the most expensive auction was $4500. (TMI: Antique French bronze dog that was lifesize looking at a turtle. We put it on my mother's grave.)

I don't necessarily deny the purchase based on a low feedback profile but rather only limit myself if there are extreme negatives on the seller. Sometimes the negatives are left by psycho neg leavers and you can see those buyers readily leave negs all over the place and that's shitty and unwarranted.

I do avoid furniture because that shipping charge always defeats the deal you get.

I did have to get multiple eBay IDs because of bid stalkers. *sf* Some of the things I'm into have a smallish circle of people that you always see depending if they already have it or not. You can totally tell who the heavy hitters are so I have four or five aliases. Hee.

ETA that I should really start selling but after that LD experience and the fees I was mad that the bidders have all the protection and the sellers pay to run eBay. Pfft. I didn't deal with the international stuff either and it's simply because going into a SF post office? BWAH! I'd have to charge them for parking, an hour of time and a bottle of Tylenol. I offered a couple times to send it international UPS because I can do that from work but they all balked at the actual freight quote.
                          Last edited by Sarah; 04-17-2004, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You could always get use a combo of priority mail (with the free supplies and the online postage capabilities) and UPS.

And you know you only have multiple aliases so you can bid on your Kenny Loggins goodies without one of us finding out and mocking you for it.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/promo/pfii0420/?ssPageName=SM:HNF01

Wheee! Insertion sale for sellers! *clears schedule and desk*

Comment

Working...
                              X