No announcement yet.

Ebay Anonymous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only is Buffy a subcategory but the show has a subcategory of "Plates/Mugs"! The hell?
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Aww. You can own a piece of movie history! Ennis & Jack's shirts are up for a charity auction on ebay.

If only I had $20,000 to spend on movie props this month.

I wonder if I won a charity auction is the price tax deductible?
      Last edited by isadora; 02-12-2006, 01:10 PM.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Okay, so I've been on a children's book kick, and I just bought some books on ebay from a lady in Scotland, but I have no clue how to send her the money. She doesn't take Paypal (and my fault for not noticing this! usually I check) and when mr.o went down to the post office they told him they don't do money orders to Scotland. I asked her how her US customers normally pay her, she told me to "send US dollars registered to be signed upon arrival". What does that mean? Does she want me to mail cash? Or use a western union type place? Or a bank? Am I being stupid here? I can't imagine sending cash . . .but that's the only thing I can think of. Grrr. I do wish everyone would just use a web based payment system. This ain't the 1980s, people!

Comment

If someone said that to me I'd take it to mean they want you to send cash by registered mail.

To save this kind of hassle, when I used to sell before Paypal was big and had decent rates in Australia, I'd specify in bold that I was selling to Australia only. Did that completely stop overseas bidders? Nope! And I wasn't on 24 hours a day to cancel their bid. So they just had to send me cash if they won. It always arrived but I consider that sheer luck.

You could send her an international cheque completed in her currency. I don't know what kind of prices your banks charge for those though. It could add a lot to what you thought was a bargain on Ebay if they're not cheap to purchase in the US.

Comment

Well, it ended up costing me over nine bucks to send the cash ($40) by registered mail. Which yeah, means that it ended up being a non-bargain overall. And of course, I have no receipt or any real proof that I have paid her at all, so there are no assurances I will ever receive the books. She definitely did NOT say she only sold to the UK . . .she specifically said she could ship anywhere in the world, yada yada, so I just assumed she had a decent and viable way of getting paid internationally as well. Totally learned my lesson. No more non-PayPal folks for me!

Another ebay question- any of y'all ever use one of those services that sell stuff on ebay for you? We're considering using Orbit Drop to get rid of the stuff that the old lady left in the house when she moved out.

Comment

I've never used one of those services but since they are usually powersellers they get a lot of traffic to their postings. At least that's what is the supposed selling point.

We bought a wifi card for the TiVo on ebay and it totally didn't work. We shipped it back two weeks ago and the shittay seller said they never got it. SO IRRITATING!

I rarely buy things like that on ebay but it was a decent deal and not especially pricey. Still! Annoying. I should be enjoying the full capabilities of my Series 2!!! Instead I have no home network capabilities and can't even enjoy streaming This American Life on the TV while I tidy up the house. GAH.

Comment

I've used Ebay for over five years now and never had a problem, and this year, I've had three. It's so aggravating. Two of them were shipping related, so it's no one's fault, but the Post Office's, but the retards keep putting large packages in our neighborhood's parcel locker, despite the fact that the parcel locker is broken and anyone can just open it and steal shit.

And it's very obviously broken, too, with the door open half the time because of the wind. After I hadn't received a second package after the web site informing me that the item had been delivered, I finally went down there to tell them that I thought our mail was being stolen because the mailman was putting stuff in a broken locker. Magically, one of my packages did show up (IN THE BROKEN PARCEL LOCKER, that I just luckily checked and no one had stolen from yet). But to whomever ended up with my other package, I hope you're enjoying those jeans! And that you get run over by a large group of cyclists while wearing them!

And then I bought a pair of shoes from this lady and she sends me the wrong size. I emailed her 3x to ask for a refund and offered to return the other pair and she told me I couldn't get a refund and that she didn't accept returns! I was all, "Buh? It's your fault that your stupid ass put the wrong size in the box." I told her I'd file a claim with PayPal (which is also annoying because it takes forever to get your money back from them) and leave her "appropriate" feedback and she told me she'd leave me negative feedback, too. OMG! SO PISSED! My score is perfect on Ebay and I'm not gonna have some lying whorebag ruin that for me.

Comment

I've used the Ebay mediator service before. I seriously don't remember what for, though.

Anyway, she sent you the wrong product; you have every right to give her negative feedback but just follow the mediation steps. It's totally BS that she is screwing you and acting like it's your fault.

Comment

Working...
                  X