Blog Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Reviews

Some blogs are deserving of the full madnono treatment. But then there are others that you could not imagine reading more than once without sporking your own eyeballs, but you feel you must share. So link 'em up and rate them here! We're here to HELP with constructive criticism!

Here's the rating list:

[Contains unsavory political/social opinions passed off as fact]
    [Boring/Lame/Eyeroll worthy at least]
    [Eh. Not bad]

[Mildly bad]
    [Bitch, please. Badness]
    [Very, very bad]
    [Toxic-level badness]

Other smilies used with discretion as needed! They don't all have to be bad, but if they're really good, they should probably go in the BWR thread.

Today's journal for review:
    Name: SJ
    URL:sarahjanet.diaryland.com
    Rating: [Pretentious; sounds fake]
    Writing Sample:
    My desk, though cluttered with a few glasses and empty cans of tonic water (that I add to my orange juice; Iím not taking this real writer thing that far), is starting to resemble that of a writerís. Pens scattered about, a bottle of ink perched next to a blotter upon which a dripping pen sits slightly pretentiously, notes to myself in the scrawl of ideas flowing too fast to catch.
    Suggestions: Not thinking of the minutae on your desk as a fascinating entry would be a good start.
    Last edited by NeoMaxy; 01-28-2004, 02:46 AM.
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Name: The Rules of Attraction Community
    URL: http://www.livejournal.com/community/camdencollege/
    Type: Beek, it's a Community!
    Warning: One pic of boobies, covered in blood.
    Rating: Mostly because I don't understand the need or the desire to talk about this movie/book. Ever.

Writing Samples:
    I heard Rules of attraction is a much better movie than Less than zero.
    **waits for Is to implode**
    foodservicegirl.... Can't you see that's why she is so great? that she had so little interaction, and yet there was this profound love for sean? So much that she actually killed herself? I mean that's amazing.
    No, you're amazing.
    Sadly, you will never get these 2 minutes of your life back. This time that you have wasted reading this now BELONGS TO ME.
    Deal with it.
    Rock n' roll.

Suggestions: You can't teach taste, so um, no suggestions.
    Comments: WHY BEEK WHY?!
    Last edited by NeoMaxy; 01-29-2004, 11:01 PM.
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

There is SO MUCH that disturbs me about that group! Not the least of which are the people who are *pissed* that there is a bad movie coming out with the title Laws of Attraction. Because, clearly, the title is a rip-off of Rules of Attraction. Because Roger Avary and BEE are, like, geniuses who TOTALLY made up that amazing title.

Also, people who obsessively watch a movie THAT bad and think it's SO deep? Piss me off more than title swiping evah could!

I did LOVE this post:
      I had an amazing thought today. If you gathered all of the kids (ages 18-22) in the world that loved The Rules Of Attraction and Ellis, and formed a college (and named it Camden--- of course.), that would be like the BEST place ever.
      A rocky utopia, if you will. A hellish heaven.

Just a thought.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

If you go to http://www.livejournal.com/random.bml it will take you to some random journal. I decided to try it and review the first journal I saw.

Name: Brandy
        URL: http://www.livejournal.com/users/lucyinthesky_86/
        Type: Personal journal
        Warnings: Very bright yellow foreground. Very bright. Ow.
        Rating: Eh, no opinion, really. Pretty typical of a 17 year old's journal page.

Writing Samples: No sample needed. She likes to post song lyrics (without attribution), lots of quizzes, and she loves the Bible. She does like to post a play-by-play of her entire day. Because she's so young, I think it's fine, but there are a lot of adults out there that do that, too. And I'd like those people to die. There's a reason that reality tv shows edit most of the mundane everyday stuff out, yo. Take note.

Suggestions: Um.
        Comments: Uh....
        Last edited by NeoMaxy; 01-30-2004, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Rating: Eh, no opinion, really. Pretty typical of a 17 year old's journal page.
          I would just like to note that, when I was seventeen and had a livejournal?

I was nowhere near that boring.

I posted fic a lot.

Comment

Found this one linked on someone else's site, and I'd credit them for pointing me to such a thing if I could remember where it was.

Again, I can't bring myself to make fun of a 17 year-old, her info page is pretty bad...err, amusing. Well, make that disturbing. So I won't give a review, just a link:She's ghetto, yo! Mad Realzzzz!

Warnings: General badness, use of offensive race word.

Comment

Aww. She doesn't trust anyway! That's sad.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

OH.

Oh, my WORD!!! WTF is THAT?

Did I miss something? The N word is used for all blokes? What? Oh, jeezus - I need to lie down. I've never felt so old in all my days.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! That shit's HILARIOUS!!!

Comment

Hee. She's like a female version of Ali G.

Comment

http://teevee.org/

This is very amusing! Harry Hamlin's blog is *hysterical*!

What an elaborate April Fool's site!

Comment

Working...
                    X