Sites to bookmark... or, you know, not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, hell! That's a nightmare.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• This Tumblr amuses me: http://tripadvisaargh.tumblr.com/

It's amazing snippets from Trip Advisor reviews!

I want to start one that is just snippets of reviews that mark a work down for using swear words or including sex. For some reason whenever someone is upset about sex or swearing in a book or moving in their review (be it goodreads, amazon, netflix or youtube) it SLAYS me. I find it endlessly funny.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Okay, that tumblr is making me NEVER EVER want to travel again.

the staff are like something from the Rocky horror show ,Adams family they should call it toilet dint work when we asked to fix it he said you can allways piss in a bucket I’ve got one up stairs I need say no more on this hotel do not go!!
        And breakfasts is crap- wiacek
        The shower was dirtier and more decrepit than one in Auchwitz and that was free,i had to pay for this privelidge. I arrived back at 8pm to find more 13/14 yr old teenagers than at high school all dolled up like it was a knocking shop..While this is going on a young man came running down to the desk shouting that a man was climbing out of his window stealing his wallet phone clothes and laptop. - pezza7229

Comment

• I don't know who pezza7229 is but they are awesome. "Knocking shop" is going into my vocabulary immediately.

I can't believe anyone who is old enough to experience Auschwitz can use the internet.

Comment

• That Tumblr is awesome! the Scottish guy: "it’s no true when other people say you can see the whole of edinburgh because i cannie see my hoose". Bwah!

I also love when they end like the one ophy posted: "[Insane horror story]. And breakfast was crap." Perspective, people! Anyone who isn't chased away from the hotel by the prospect of being bitten by a snake of ogled in the shower by the manager isn't going to care that the website says they have HBO but they really have Starz!

Comment

• Glark and Wing have a new site. Basically just reinventing the damn wheel: http://previously.tv/

Only clicked on a couple of recaps, but it looks like they are going for a much shorter and pithier format than TWOP. Which is wise, I guess.

Comment

• I don't know... I feel like the whole recap genre has kind of moved past them a bit? Towards the end of my time visiting TWoP it was the forums I really loved, not so much the recaps, which all began to sound "same-y." In addition, pretty much every pop culture website HAS recaps now, like Vulture, AVClub, Grantland, etc, and they're interspersed with other entertainment news. And in general, the voices on those websites are much more distinct than what I now think of as the TWoP style. Even GFY has its own spin on recaps which I appreciate.

I'm not sure that this is going to be a site I check very much.

Comment

• I read some stuff and even agree on some of the points about Awkward, but the whole project is so aggressively meh. Instead of a forum, they've opted to stick to blog comments and a Twitter, so it looks like they've finally discovered that reader interaction will always be their downfall. But without it, another recap site is just a bubble for them to sit in while they pat each other on the backs. Which is also wise, I guess.

Comment

• Yeah, the limited interactivity will serve them well; they always hated the forums, I think.

Comment

• I see they're all going by their real names now, no more "Glark, Wing, & Sars". Probably better to capitalize on the site when you're not using a handle.

But really: blah; I'll never read that crap.

Comment

• So like all modern single people, I have an OKCupid account (I considered Match.com, but my ex has an account there, and I don't want to have it match me to him!). And I have had a few dates come out of it, nothing terribly exciting; it's more of a thing I keep in the background and occasionally look at. But I get these emails, and pictures, and I wonder the extent to which some people have NO self-awareness/shame. This morning I got one from a guy who described himself as insatiable and gave me his penis length (8 inches he claims). Seriously?

Comment

• PENIS LENGTH.

OMB are you serious?

I should not be shocked by this, but I have not dated since Clinton was in office and thought that kind of thing was just a tv joke.

Did you send him back the dimensions of your ovaries?

Meant to be!

Comment

• I so should have! But I deleted the messages with extreme prejudice instead.

Comment

• I would love if you sent him a message explaining that your vaginal canal can accept no more than 7.5 inches but you thank him for his time.

Comment

• FINALLY, I have selected a replacement for Google Reader. http://theoldreader.com/

HALLELUJAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X