No announcement yet.

Sites to bookmark... or, you know, not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took this 'which celeb are you most like' quiz and got Hermione Granger, Abe Lincoln, and Lisa Simpson. I really don't understand the definition of 'celeb' that they are using, but it's an edu site.

http://psych.wfu.edu/woodlab/celebrity/celebritytest.pl

Comment

• I got Liz Lemon, Darrin Stephens, Abby Sciuto, and Peter Parker.

Comment

• This is my current favorite site. Besides the nono.

http://www.humansofnewyork.com

Comment

• For Laa (and others)... "The Bathroom Baby" is the first born of blogger That Wife. When he was an infant, he slept in the bathroom because they wanted to use their spare bedroom for an office. She would frequently bitch about him and what a drag it was to have him around all the time and have to interact with him because he's a baby and like, babies are dumb. She kept him behind that baby gate with minimal interaction while she blogged/insta'd/pinterested/tweeted and one day threw away all but five of his toys because she was tired of cleaning them up and he wouldn't clean them up because again, babies are dumb (this baby was also not even walking at the time.) Lo and behold, this lack of interaction led to developmental delays and lack of speech until therapists for both were brought in although the former was shortly fired because all she did was "play" with the baby and like, how is that even therapy? *They* could play with the baby for free. BUT YOU DON'T. THAT'S WHY HE NEEDS A THERAPIST AT TWO.

Unfortunately, her husband (who locks up the cheese so she won't eat it and get fat and claimed as a white man that his life would've been so much easier if he'd been born a black woman) was up for some big job and she'd gotten too much internetz attention for being a shitty mom so she scrubbed the blog clean and there's little evidence of any of this anymore. Even her original thread at GOMI disappeared when there was a forum upgrade (and I fell down this rabbit hole almost two years ago so I haven't been keeping up with it) but her current one is almost 750 pages.

The other thing is that she's since had a second child, her precious baby girl and as such her resentment of her now three year old son has gotten even worse. I came across this literally on the first page of her blog and it pretty much sums it up:
          T2 just woke up from her nap, and so my computer time is done for a bit. It is so much fun to have some time thatís just me and her! Itís so hard to really focus on her when her brother is around and I treasure our time together.
          When T1 would wake up from his nap at babygirl's age, he was placed in a baby seat with sth propping up his bottle because mama needed her computer time!

On his first birthday, she wrote him a "letter" (blog post) that essentially said she thinks about how much easier her life would be if she didn't have kids. Looks like she still pretty much resents the hell out of him.

I eventually had to stop reading because her very public dislike of her toddler kid got too much for me.

I don't know if this belongs in this thread but I'm addicted to GOMI in general.

Comment

• That's horrifying.

I'm fixated on my irrational dislike and jealousy of makingitlovely.com and GOMi has a very popular thread about her that you linked me that gives me life. I had NO idea other people were annoyed about the same stuff I am! And she clearly obsessively reads her GOMI thread because her posts lately are basically entirely in response to the questions raised in that thread. I love it.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• This is my latest hate read:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/sear...f=Shona+Sibary

Not a blogger, but a contributor to Daily Mail who waaaaaay overshares. She's a mother of four who writes about 'femail' issues.

"I'm so ugly I crack mirrors but it's made me happier than my pretty friends"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2fRSGSkfW

I have written before about coming to terms with the fact I’ll never be beautiful. It has taken me years to accept that, unlike my fellow Daily Mail writer Samantha Brick, men never fall over themselves to open doors for me or, indeed, proffer free bottles of champagne on aeroplanes.
              But, cruel fate that it is, I have four amazing children — and Samantha, like so many other attractive women, yearns to have a baby. I’m sure, given the choice of a pretty face or a warm bundle in her arms and a face like mine, she’d go for the latter.

"I know many will be horrified. But I slap my 14-year-old daughter"
              Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2fRTDuI3t

I was talking to a friend the other day, and she admitted — in a guilty whisper — that she had, very occasionally, smacked her two sons. She refrained from doing so more often because she couldn’t bear the thought of them ‘flinching’ when she went near them.

I refrained from telling her that my children not only flinch — they duck, dive and even, on occasion, lock themselves in another room to avoid being on the receiving end of my hand.
              Are they psychologically damaged? Not on your life. They’re just a bit better behaved — and a lot better at getting out of the way.
              I am sure I will also be accused of using my size and strength to gain an advantage over my vulnerable offspring. But that’s precisely the point, isn’t it? Sometimes children need to understand — quickly and emphatically — that there is someone more powerful in the world than them.
              And you know what? As odd as this sounds, smacking makes them feel safe. Because it tells them, louder than any words, that the boundaries which their parents set to protect them will be upheld — even if that means I have to get physical.
              So don’t tell me I’m a bad parent for smacking. Because, trust me, my children won’t.
              Indeed, when they are fully functioning adults who have survived busy roads and the many other pitfalls of growing up, I know they will thank me for it.
              "Why I fear my husband has NEVER truly loved me"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2fRWbLScv

Yes, he may be here - an excellent father to our children and a dutifully loving husband - but I will never know for sure if he’s here because of me. Or, whether I just never gave him any other option.
              The reason for this is simple. All those years ago when I should have left the relationship and moved on, I couldn’t. I went back for one last night; a night when Keith invited me over to tie up loose ends and pack up the remainder of my belongings. We went out for dinner, ended up reminiscing and, almost inevitably, ended up in bed. And, in that maelstrom of high emotion, I accidentally got pregnant.
              Meanwhile, as Keith kept reminding me that ‘coming back for the baby’s sake would be a catastrophic mistake’, I hoped and prayed he would come back for good. I thought having him back would guarantee my happiness.

Little did I know that happiness would be punctuated by bouts of debilitating feelings of insecurity and misery. Today, whenever I listen to my girlfriends telling me how their own husbands declared undying love to them as they proposed, I feel short-changed.
              I can’t overcome the knowledge that Keith didn’t choose me. I was never the woman of his dreams.

Our union wasn’t cemented by his love of my quirky habits, the way I mix my metaphors and sing in the bath. I have always known he could live quite happily without waking up next to me every morning.

He’s never said I ‘complete’ him and there was no big romance or fireworks. Circumstance is what drove us together. Yet he never asked me not to have our child and I never considered it. Looking back, I can see this had much more to do with the fact I wanted to hang on to him than it did with impending motherhood.
              You can argue that using a pregnancy to salvage a dying relationship is unwise at best, unforgiveable at worst. There is no doubt our daughter Flo has brought us both untold joy. But I know the decision I made back then has done irreversible damage to my self-esteem.
              There's so much more in her oeuvre! Like the affair she had with her geography teacher at 16, or the fact that her 65 yr old dad married a 19 yr old, or how desperate she has sometimes been to divorce her husband, or how she dreads sex with him more than she dreads household chores, or why she snoops in his email account.

SUCH A TRAINWRECK.

Comment

• OMG, you guys. Such sad, sad lives. I can't even.
                sigpic

Comment

• I know lots of 40-something women who treat sex with their husbands as something really tedious on the list of chores they have to do this week.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yes, but do they write 3k word articles on the topic for millions of people to read? Besides, this chick you have to look at as a whole. After all, she did baby trap him into the marriage in the first place.* After* he had already broken up with her and told her he could never love her.

Comment

• Oh, she's a monster. I refuse to read the Femail columns pretty much across the board.

Comment

• You shouldn't be reading the Daily Mail at all. It's disgusting.

(Obviously it's fine to laugh at the mistakes in the showbiz section)
                        Bitter Shipper

Comment

• This tutorial about the Scottish people is really helping me understand Ginni and linda a wee bit better: http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/th...ave-ever-happe

Comment

• I'm still laughing about the "Proper Tea" shop.
                            sigpic

Comment

• "Alcohol does not solve any problem, but then neither does milk." Sewing that onto a pillow as I drink my "ready meal" from a gigantic plastic bottle of wine and punch another day in my new advent calendar.

Comment

• GAH. Fucking cancer, man.

http://www.viralnova.com/wifes-cancer/

Comment

Working...
                                X