No announcement yet.

Sites to bookmark... or, you know, not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginni's a Provider like Martha Stewart . We know she's no doormat!
    It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

I'm so reporting for duty to Field Marshal Piggay! Bwah!

I can't wait to get to work and get paid for taking these tests. That probably rules me out as a Field Marshal right away, no?

ETA: I got Field Marshal, too! I must be lying about something on the quiz because I am *seriously* not a structure/organization type of person, I don't think. Weird.

On the other version of the test I got Inventor Rational and the description is much closer to me, IMO. My Field Marshal numbers were rather low. I was sort of all over the place on the first test. Hmm.
      Last edited by isadora; 12-09-2004, 08:19 AM.
      It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Dude - that link doesn't mention Martha. It mentions Georgey Washington, whom y'all laud, so that's got to be good, right?

On the Kingdomality test, I'm a White Knight:
        our distinct personality, The White Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Don Quixote was a White Knight as was Joan of Arc, the Lone Ranger and Crusader Rabbit. As a White Knight you expect nothing in return for your good deeds. You are one of the true "Givers" of the world. You are the anonymous philanthropist who shares your wealth, your time and your life with others. To give, is its own reward and as a White Knight you seek no other. On the positive side you are merciful, sympathetic, helpful, giving and heroic. On the negative side you may be impulsively decisive, sentimental and misdirected. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
        That's me: I'm a giver!!
        Last edited by Ginni; 12-09-2004, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I'm an INFJ on that first link.

BWAH! It's true, I'm just like Gandhi.

I'm also a Minstrel-Dreamer. How lame does that sound
          Your distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud. Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it. On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic. On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
          Optimistic? Shyeah.
          Last edited by jennk; 12-10-2004, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a Provider, too, which sounds about right. But yeah, jennk, I'm with you on the Minstrel/Dreamer thing. So not me. Plus, I hate the word Minstrel because it sounds too similar to "Menstrual." Hee.

Comment

I am ISTJ (100% Judging, bdw) - an Inspector Guardian.
              Inspector Guardians look carefully and thoroughly at the people and institutions around them. Making up perhaps as much as ten percent of the general population, Inspectors are characterized by decisiveness in practical affairs, are the guardians of institutions, and if only one adjective could be selected, “superdependable” would best describe them. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are nothing if not dependable, particularly when it comes to examining the people and products they are responsible for—quietly seeing to it that uniform quality is maintained, and that those around them uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct.
              I'm wild, dangerous, and unpredictable. Don't call me dependable, dammit!

Comment

I'm an INTJ or a mastermind. I feel like I should have my own evil laughter soundtrack.

Seriously, it's scary how accurately that thing described my personality. When I was younger (and maybe even now) my mother could never understand why I would go all OCD about certain things and then let my room go to shit in the process w/o caring at all about its cleanliness. Apparently, it's because I'm only a perfectionist when it comes to things I care about. How awesome is that to have pointed out to you?

And I that Raymond Burr and I are INTJ soulmates! And it's interesting to see that Rumsfeld and Powell are INTJs. I wonder if their matching personalities fuels their hatred for each other even more fiercely.

Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead.
                I love this! It's so me! I'll never step up first and volunteer to be group leader, but once I realize that everyone else is incompetent, I take over with the quickness.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will.
                I don't know about other INTJ personalities, but I really don't feel so much more self-confident than the rest of the population. I mean, I have a pretty healthy self-image, but I have hang-ups and neuroses too, you know? I have had friends tell me that I seem to never really be too shaken by anything and that I seem like I don't care much what others think about me, so maybe that's seen as confidence, but I'm really just emotionally repressed. Hee! I freak out and break down in private, yo!

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.
                This could not be more me. It's like it knows me. Before the boy, nothing about dating made sense to me. I'm still a completely ineffective flirt and couldn't pick up a guy at a bar if all the money in the world was at stake. I just wouldn't even know how to begin to do that w/o feeling like a ginormous tool. And again, I'm not so much "naturally impassive" as I am severely emotionally repressed. Just 'cause it don't show, don't mean it's not there.

Comment

I didn't take the M-B tests, but I know from taking it at, oh, pretty much every job I've ever had (and my last boss was OBSESSED with it ), that I'm an ENFJ (borderline INFJ). That makes me the Teacher or the Counselor. It's funie to me that hardly anyone else has been an NFJ so far, because whenever I've taken it before, the people I'm close to/work with the most tend to mostly be NFJs as well. I guess that's a factor of the kinds of places I've worked/the specific kind of work I do (so that it would make sense that people of the same type would naturally gravitate to the same type of work).

I did take the medieval test, though. (And BTW, what does it say about be that I was continually distracted and disgruntled that it referred to the DROP-DOWN menus as POP-UP menus on every.single.page? Grr.) I'm apparently a Merchant, which I don't think anybody else got so far:
                  Your distinct personality, The Merchant, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to always be competitive, for Merchants are the deal makers. Every situation is realistically analyzed for its profit potential. A well executed deal, even one that is profitable for all participants, can be its own reward for many Merchants. On the positive side you can be logically practical, rational and realistic. On the negative side you may be rigidly dogmatic as well as unmerciful and precipitous. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.
                  Unmerciful! that's me! Hee.

Comment

I was a Merchant too; I just forgot to write about it because I was too obsessed with always being labelled dependable. I'm willing to cop to the rigidly dogmatic, though.

Comment

I am always, always an ENFP. I'm the CHAMPION. Suck it!
                      ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence.
                      LMAO.

I'm also the benevolent ruler. Now that is some BULLSHIT. I think we all know I'd be the angry despot with my own harem of boy-dancers in gold shorts.
                      Last edited by NeoMaxy; 12-09-2004, 09:17 PM.
                      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

Originally posted by diesel
                        It's funie to me that hardly anyone else has been an NFJ so far, because whenever I've taken it before, the people I'm close to/work with the most tend to mostly be NFJs as well. I guess that's a factor of the kinds of places I've worked/the specific kind of work I do (so that it would make sense that people of the same type would naturally gravitate to the same type of work).
                        A large portion of my office is INTJ/Mastermind/Prime Minister just like me! I guess we're all Lukas Hart III disciples

I don't know about other INTJ personalities, but I really don't feel so much more self-confident than the rest of the population.
                        Hee. I must say I thought that description was dead on for me and pretty much for the other INTJs I know. I am VERY self-confident, even in therapy. When I was depressed in grad school and went to a therapist, she said something like I was the most "prepared" client she ever had I went in there with a list of things I needed her help with got through the crap and went on my merry way. I don't think I was always this way. I was always very strong willed, but self-conscious as a child. I think I willed myself out of self-doubt if that makes any sense. Well, except for driving. I get flustered when I have to drive. Or may be I just don't like doing something I'm not good at.
                        It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

Ooh, I'm learning so much about you all! And it doesn't surprise me many of you are 'judging' types! I remember feeling guilty for being mean to stupid ass Creek kids sometimes and you 'judging' types were all: "Bitch, please!" on me! Bwah!

I'm going to call Neo "Captain Wildchild" from now on.

I'm an ENTP (just like Buckminster Fuller, the creator of the Dymaxion House -- my dream home!).

Inventors wish to exercise their competence in the world of people and things, and thus they deal imaginatively with social systems...
                          Perhaps this is the part of me that blurts things out inappropriately or says things I should not just to amuse myself. Hee!

Inventors are also endlessly inventive, and are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that is the way things have always been done.
                          I can't count how many times I've asked my manager why we do things a certain way and -- I'm totally serious! -- she has replied with a shrug and said, 'That's how we've always done them.' And it makes me want to stab her with my red pen!

I'm a Dreamer Minstrel! I wish it were Dreamer Menstral! That would fit my self-image bettah.
                          It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

my favourite bit about my ESFJ is:

They are quick to like and dislike—and don’t mind saying so—tending to put on a pedestal whatever or whoever they admire, and to come down hard on those people and issues they don’t care for.

Comment

I only took the Kingdom one so far and I'm a White Knight like Ginni.

Comment

Bwah, Ginni! That is SO YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X