Audibles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audibles

Where did my thread about aural pleasures go? Hmm.

Air America, the liberal radio network launched yesterday and you can hear Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo every week day!

I listened to Al's show the last two days and found it odd. I never listen to political call-in shows so perhaps the format seemed strange due to me lack of exposure to it?

http://www.airamericaradio.com/

At any rate, I'm excited there is an alternative to Rush.
    6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Ooooh, I'm excited! I'd heard they were developing a liberal radio network, but I didn't know it was coming so soon.

Al Franken is funny, but I Janeane! Too bad she's on during good TV hours.

Comment

Psst, Is . . . change the drop-down box at the bottom of the forum from "last 100 days" to "from the beginning" and you'll see the Oral Pleasures thread.

<-- lives to serve

Comment

D'oh!

*blushes*
        6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

Jon Stewart is on Al Franken's show tomorrow! *squeee*

Comment

Have any of you nerdy types started using iTunes podcast subscription service yet? I love free podcasts! Hee!
            I subscribed to a couple of them but there's a lot of shit out there. Any favorites, if you've bothered at all?

Comment

Do you consider Barrack Obama a threat to the United States?

http://wbal.com/stories/articlefiles/49730-Barack%20Obama%20CURB.mp3

Very funny/sad.

Comment

Okay, so I somehow just discovered the mosquito ring tone, which weirds me out.

Mosquito Tone

All Things Considered, May 26, 2006 The war between teens and authority figures has a new or old front: ears. British shopkeepers tired of teenage loiterers have turned to the Mosquito teen repellent, which emits a high-pitch frequency that most teenagers can hear but not most adults.

But now teens have struck back against the Mosquito: They are using the same sound to communicate without adults' knowledge.

At issue is a text-message ringtone that emits the same pitch as the Mosquito. Using it, students can learn about a new message while they're in class where they're not supposed to be using their cellphones. Most of their teachers can't hear the alert.

Inventor Howard Stapleton, creator of the Mosquito teen repellent, says only a few people over age 30 can hear the Mosquito's sound. He and his 16-year-old daughter Isabel talk to Melissa Block about the sound, which has been dubbed "Teen Buzz."
                The link to the sound: http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3...c_teenbuzz.mp3

So, I couldn't hear it played over my laptop speaker but when I plugged my headphones in the sound just about burst my eardrum. It was painful! I can't figure out what is up with that.

Comment

I could hear it but it wasn't painful or anything. It was just kind of...there.

What an odd way to deal with loitering. Why don't they just tell them to leave?

Comment

It's official. I'm old. Because I hear nothing. Only a slight teeny ringing like one would hear if they had tinnitus.

Wrinkles, sagging, and now - hearing loss confirmed. Just great.

Comment

I don't really hear anything, either. I had to turn the volume up all the way just to hear it even a little bit. I haven't tried it with head phones, though.

Comment

Mr. Is thought that maybe the laptop speakers couldn't produce the sound so he gave me his headphones and that's when it almost broke my ear drums. Very strange!

ETA: We were debating about whether it was something that we could hear on the headphones because the sound is so...concentrated or directed or something.

Comment

Ok, must try headphones.

Comment

This is a damn old thread.

I don't know who here has been listening to Serial, but this Funny or Die vid about what the last ep is going to be like cracked me up:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6ab...sode-of-serial

Especially the Mail Chimp execs. They looked so hopeful!

(For the record, I don't think Adnan did it, and I can't figure Jay out at all.)

Comment

ugh, I'm sooooo obsessed with Serial! I am like 90% sure Adnan didn't do it and I'm heartbroken about it b/c he has so little hope! It's turrrrrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X