Twop Gossip--UnCreek'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAH! Which one of you is TootieFields?

Miss Alli is taking over? And to think, she started with Dawson's Creek fanfiction.
    and
    And also, MissAlli is a sanctimonious douche.

Comment

Aaaand Glory Girl's gone.

Comment

Good Lord! Who is in charge of TWOP? Corporate overlords? I loves it.
        Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

She expands further on her blog.

http://thingswhatthings.wordpress.com/

. . .for people who have wondered whats next: writing is next. Lots and lots and lots of writing, and lots of trying different projects to see what I want to do and what works out. Unfortunately, one of the things that happens when you leave a unique job is that you have to figure out what comes after it, and you kind of have to be free to work on projects at different places to see where you should settle.
          blah di blah di blah.

She left without having anywhere to go, which suggests that it was unplanned and unexpected. So . . .leaving out of solidarity with Wing and Sars, or terminated to make way for a new regime?

Comment

I will never understand why they are being so secretive and weird. But they've always been like that so whatevs.

Why not just say: Oh, I left in solidarity? The only reason to keep your mouth shut is to protect your severance pay; I highly doubt that is the case here.
            Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I agree with whomever said that Bravo bought TWoP to buy their user database, not their content or snarky recapping skilzz.
              "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

Also, the site is so big now that the precious founders hardly have much to do with most of the recaps/forums so I highly doubt the average poster of "OMG I hearts this show!" would even notice if they weren't there. And since they had effectively alienated/fired a great many of the good recappers they started with, I'd guess the Old Skool chemistry had longed passed.

I'm guessing about 1/3 of the board even knows/cares that they are gone? And they don't really participate so I'd guess nobody would notice a real change anyway. Though I bet the moderation boot gets lifted a bit because BRAVO will likely cut back on staff.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure a lot of the posters know who Miss Alli is!

What will she do, aside from the writing though? Will she wander the streets of NYC, correcting people on their grammar in ridiculously long-winded ways?
                  "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

PAMBIC! (tm Jenn)

I was just trolling though some of the forums over there, and it is weird to see Glark and Sars as unregistered posters!

I wonder if they banned themselves...

Comment

Huh? Why on Beek would they still be posting over there? Are they just *that* addicted to the arse kissing they used to get?

Comment

No, they aren't. It just amused me that threads they started way back show them as unregistered now.

Comment

http://m.gawker.com/5895232/tune-in-...-tv-show-again

Not entirely about that, but amusing that Wing is still bittah about the site that made her rich.

Comment

I LOVED Rich Juzwiak's FourFour's ANTM recaps, but his were GIF-heavy and recapped things like how many ugly cries in one episode. Writing one of TwoP's 24-page play-by-plays would make my head explode.

Comment

If anything, the TWOP founders should be kicking themselves into oblivion when they didn't sell early--when websites were a little bubble industry and were going for millions of dollars.

I do wonder how much they made from that site--it can't be but a fraction of what the earlier offers were!

Comment

I'll read just about every TVD recap out there, but even a junkie like me can't deal with how tedious and overwritten those TWOP recaps are nowadays. And I have tried!

The TVD forums are such crap, too. Bitter hive mind. It's probably how we sounded about DC, but I think (hope?) we were at least entertaining and funny about the things we disliked. And it was DC! It was cheese at it's best . . . it was *begging* for some friendly mocking. TVD is a *good* show, and yet the people on the forums want it to crawl into the corner and die in a fire. I was asking myself, why do you watch if you miserable people hate it so much? and then remembered that's what people woud ask us. Still! I maintain that there *was* a difference!

Comment

Working...
                                X