The Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Facebook

This is a thread where you can post the things you *wish* you could say on Facebook.

Thing that irritates me today: People who post cryptic things and then will not respond to direct questions about the cryptic thing. This happens almost daily on my flist!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Mr.o won't let me post pics of our new kiddo (still waiting for us in China) on my fb page. So when someone wants to see pics, they have to email me one by one, and I find that an entirely clunky way to do things in a post-facebook era.

Let's see . . . actual things I can't say . . . all of mr.o's ex girlfriends have crazy big Texas hair?

Comment

I hate it when people put cryptic shit up for their status update. It reeks of attention whore. I almost get as frustrated with people inquiring about the status update as I do the update itself. It's for attention people! Don't encourage it!

Comment

YES! The ones begging for deets enrage me! Hee!

And ophy? Does he not want to jinx it?
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Wow, I don't get any of that on my flist. Mostly it's people I don't think I ever even spoke to in high school building their virtual zoos. Fun fact: Even if you hide someone from your feed, they still show up on the feed on your Crackberry!
          Last edited by roly; 11-05-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

And ophy? Does he not want to jinx it?
            I guess so . . . he's right that nothing is final until it's final (which happens in China), and there have been a rash of disruptions lately (people not following through with their adoptions after they meet their kid . . . also a couple of kiddos have passed away before the family arrives- both of which are horrible and sad and tragic on all kinds of levels), but I'm still not seeing why the hundred or so of our family and friends can't see the pics in one convenient spot. It's not like we are going into this with any thought of possible disruption whatsoever. The odds of something going wrong at this point are pretty miniscule. Hmmm . . . excuse me while I run around the house knocking on every piece of wood I can find.

Diesel is HF, right?
            No . . . but shhhh!
            Last edited by isadora; 11-05-2010, 11:08 AM. Reason: to protect incogneo

Comment

Ha! No. It's Stela. Just kidding. That's neo using a secret squirrel name. But now I'll have to edit out her secret squirrel name or she'll kill me.

Speaking of multiple personalities, a friend (whom I've never met--lots of peoples spouses like to friend their spouse's entire list) canceled their account and then reinstated it. And then never replied to the multiple people asking why they'd left. (Hilariously, a friend posted on their wall "great to see you back" and the flouncer replied something like "I guess this is the only place we can see each other!" or something equally nutty). Facebook makes people do wacky things.

I don't really get the FB flouncing in and out--I remember I got defriended because a "friend" (I only met this guy maybe twice) made this big announcement that he was leaving MySpace because he just didn't have time for it anymore and it was too consuming. And I was like: Dude, it's just a website, calm down. Practice some self-control and just browse it less often, k?

Needless to say he was back in weeks and I was not on the new list! He was fairly recently single and I'm guessing he'd just humped and dumped a lot on MySpace and needed to dump a good portion of his list as well?

Hilarious update of the morning: "WOW! Too personal to share on the old FB, but EPIC nonetheless."
              Last edited by isadora; 11-05-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I edited! I realized about 0.2 seconds after I hit reply that it was a damn dumb stupid thing to do!

Comment

Seriously? Hiding doesn't carry over to CrackBerry? WTF. I would never be able to use it. It carries over to iPhone, thank goodness. What else would I do on the train? Except listen to Howard Stern or Rachel Maddow (I contain multitudes) while playing Angry Birds or Plants v. Zombies?

Comment

I can't believe you guys have FB accounts! I would never cave to that. It's like having gmail or something. You're letting the CIA know everything that way.

Comment

Google could easily blackmail me, it's true. And you use your own damn name on FB, don't front!

/aside/I've always wanted to tell someone not to front.

Comment

A former co-worker uses his FB just for business. Dude, I really don't care about the open house you're working this weekend. The chances of me ever being able to afford a house in Toronto are nil. just sayin'
                        And it is insanely difficult to level up when only 2 of your friends play FV. *rolls eyes* The person who got me playing those games just dropped them cold turkey - beyotch. hee

The other day an ex and I were at an engagement party for one of his cousins. The were all wanting to friend me and he was "Check my friend list to get the info." Dude - I defriended you over a year ago. hee!
                        Last edited by Res; 11-06-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I would give up carbs before FB. BUT I have an extremely limited list. I've got no maiden name, school info or randoms on there. I have 41 friends and one family member that's a same-age cousin.

It's v. upsetting my dad just showed up in my suggested friends list.

Comment

I've got no maiden name, school info or randoms on there.
                            Same here!

But I have a more expanded friends list. I stupidly commented on a pic that one of my ex-bf's posted of us in high school, and that opened the floodgates for a gazillion hs friends to friend me. Big mistake, but I didn't have the heart to say no.

And now random FB friends that I haven't seen in over 15 yrs keep showing up in my dreams. There was a guy I barely knew just chillin' in a hot tub last night, watching while I was being forced to go to a mechanical engineering class that I didn't know I was taking. Stay out of my dream hot tubs, creeper!

Comment

I have coworkers and high school people and anybody else friended; it's probably a mistake. My work BFF doesn't friend anybody from the company so he doesn't have to friend everybody; that's smarter than me. The ones that make me crazy are my conservative and religious in-laws; they're nice and all, but I have to do a fair amount of skimming past their posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X