No announcement yet.

The Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have so many angry conservatives on my flist, it's exhausting!

I don't really talk politics on FB and I wish most people wouldn't, either!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

You know, I was reading this thread earlier today and thinking what a boring FB existence I have and how I have no real issues being "friends" with family, co-workers, old classmates, etc, because there's never really any drama and then WHAM! One of my friends posts a bunch of fairly incriminating pictures from a bachelorette party we were at last night. I just spent the last two hours exchanging texts & emails in an effort to get her to take the whole damn album down, which she finally did. Jebus. What the fuck is wrong with people?
      Last edited by roly; 11-07-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Oh, I have it set so nobody but me can see tagged photos of myself--I will accept anybody's friend request (within reason)--so there is a lot of social crossover that I do not need to deal with. Not that I'm up to anything that fun these days. But still! There are scads of incriminating photos of me from a decade of drinking too much. No thank you, scanners and facebook and drunk friends. I don't need it.

Also? Some people are just stupid. I had a friend post a photo of me at their wedding where I was craning my neck to look at the camera and I looked insane and about 100 pounds heavier than I am. WTFE to that. I untagged that shit with a quickness! I have ex-boyfriends I'm friends with! There is no need for everybody to see me at my worst! Hee!

I wish I wasn't so afraid of some of my WT relatives because I would love to copy and paste their whackadoo updates here. Also? They are so crazy that I don't want them to find out I'm mocking them behind their backs. They'd unfriend me and then my enjoyment would be hindered.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I think my biggest joy is FB's biggest Fail. I should not - evah - be allowed to right click and save an image that isn't my own. SERIOUSLY. It's what keeps me from uploading stuff!

I always look at my brother's page - it's locked but he didn't privacy up his Flist and I'm always amazed and how I could grab about 300 people off there and just ... don't. I wasn't unhappy in school or anything, I just feel like FB is current for me? And just because I knew you once doesn't mean we have to be Internet BFFs? IDK. I'm not a recluse!

Comment

I'd love to chalk it up to her being stupid, or even drunk, but I can't escape the feeling that it was completely intentional. She's kind of an asshole. We actually had a discussion as pictures were being taken (it honestly wasn't anything salacious; just a few naughty-shaped party favors) and the consensus was that no pictures featuring any of them would be allowed on FB or in public albums and then she went home and posted everything. I was kind of at the end of my rope with her already and this is just putting me over the edge. I'm thinking about de-friending her in real life, basically.

Comment

I find that not letting people peruse tagged photos means that my current co-workers don't see my drunk college pics, if that makes sense? That way I don't have to be as vigilant in my efforts to separate and compartmentalize and I control more of the content that everybody sees.

Comment

Dear preschool moms of various body shapes,

I hate your thong and g-string underwear, even if it is lace and/or a pretty color. I have zero interest in seeing it in a classroom or on the playground. Please buy a fucking belt or get some pants that fit, you trashy ass hos.

No love,

Silent Judger

Comment

I have a very quick reaction time when it comes to de-tagging photos of myself. I get anxiety when I get an email that there are new tagged pictures of me and I'm at work where facebook is blocked. I must have control over the dissemination of embarrassingly drunk and/or fat-faced pictures of myself.

Comment

I think I made an FB account like 4 years ago or something and then never used it. I don't even have a profile pic. Mr. Issie got one after succumbing to peer pressure and actually uses his regularly. But it's gotten to the point where "his" account is basically our account because all my friends post on his wall about the most random shit that they wanna tell me or they'll send me invites to things through it. He told me once that when he gets an email about a new FB thing, half the time it's for me. There are pictures of me on FB that I did not authorize, but luckily I don't simulate sex acts or take my clothes off in public, and my college years were so undrunken and boring I might as well have been Amish so the worst thing that could happen is someone posting an unflattering picture of me. And I don't really care about that too much.

Comment

Same here!

There probably only exists one picture of myself taken in my adult life that I'm not too crazy about (a tipsy dancing picture), but even that one is not too terrible. And my boobs look good, and I have nice drunk hair. But no one has posted it yet.

Now if someone started putting up pictures of me with my middle school hair, I'd have to throw down. *shudder* But in general, I don't care when I get tagged.

Comment

I'm sort-of amused when drunken pics of me show up on FB because they're usually about 5-15 years old! I'm all settled down and boring now.

The SS name is just for talking shit. Feel free to Friend it! I'm sort-of amazed at how quickly I've had to sanitize my FB page due to being the commie pinko sheep of my family apparently. The mister has lost a lifelong friend due to a FB dispute and most of y'all saw my public burnout that killed off an entire branch or two of my family tree. I *did* start it but damn if I knew how it would flame up! I tried to take the high road and I FUCKING REGRET it. I wish I'd torn that person a new asshole. Oh well, live and learn! I should never try to not be an asshole in the future.

Where was this going? Oh yeah, if you're a fan of Sarah Palin on FB, you deserve to be defriended.
                        Last edited by NeoMaxy; 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM. Reason: Drunken not sunken. Predictive text! Grr
                        "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMaxy View Post
                          I should never try to not be an asshole in the future.
                          <likes>

This is why I lurve you!

Comment

<------- Once told a friend of Mr. jennk that I hope he dies in a fire during a facebook political argument. And totally meant it. To be fair, guy is an ultra-religious, homophobic douchebag, who totally deserved it, but probably not my best moment.

Comment

Said family member who's asshole was untorn is busy telling anyone who will listen that I am the devil. I have them blocked so this is all word of mouth, mind you. I really, really want to post a status update saying, "If you're going to tell distant relatives that I'm the devil, at least have the courtesy to tell them El Diablo sends regards!"
                              Last edited by NeoMaxy; 11-19-2010, 10:04 PM. Reason: Grammer, Kelsey
                              "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

I pretty much avoid my relatives on FB. They are bigger and meaner than me and they punch people! Even the girls. Especially the girls.

I have seen my cousins fight on FB and it's nuttay. My one cousin is a recently sober addict (not sure which substances--I didn't ask) and she used to post these music videos she made of her deceased sister. And that was really sad (the sister was my age and we grew up together). Anyway the videos had lots of grammar issues. And our other cousin commented and said something like, "Oh, nice work, ___! But you spelled "there" wrong. It's "their". But I really liked the video..."

And my crazy cousin UNLOADED on her. She posted a bunch of really angry stuff about how "little miss perfect" has a messed up family life behind closed doors and blah, blah, blah nutbaggery. And then! Then! My aunt (angry cousin's mom) posted: That's RIGHT! You tell her!

And I backed out of the room slowly because I'm no fool. Now they are no longer FB friends. Needless to say I don't correct spelling on FB.

Comment

Working...
                                X