No announcement yet.

The Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am soooo happy social media didn't exist earlier in my life. My friends were flat-out drunks. And we had a lot of fun that I don't really remember (but there is a lot of photographic evidence).
    Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Can you imagine if we had cell phone cameras, FB, or Twitter oh say...exactly 11 years ago this week? Dear Lord.
      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

We would have posted incredibly mean photos of fans we were stalking. I mean, poor Jerry D! I would have put my iPhone on the booth behind my shoulder and demanded silence from my table my first dinner in Wilmy. I remember my girl Fanny being like: Do you think that old guy behind us works on the show? He keeps talking about Dawson and Joey! And I turned around and was like: OMG! It's JERRY D. He's a FAN. And she was like: Wait, how OLD is he? Can you imagine if our husbands were running off to see the cast of Dawson's Creek while we were at home? WHAT IN THE WHAT? Hee!
        Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Pssh! "Poor Jerry D"?! The thought of him still gives me CHILLS. Or maybe it's just the corn.

Comment

I'm sure he's still out there, watching a different show and making new Internet friends. I bet it's Vampire Diaries. Kev/Soulmates4evah!

Where does that film in Georgia? I bet they get town groupies there like Wilmy did. (Does anything still film in Wilmy? Is One Tree Hill still on the air? I'm OLD.)

I bet that was crazy but nothing for me tops Scary Mary, walking up to strangers in a bar and asking them how they felt about Pacey stealing his best friend's soulmate. "So is everyone in here (a bar) an alcoholic or something? I bet they're all P/Jers."

Still one of the most amazing conversations I've ever had, and I did a semester's rounds in a psych ward...
            Last edited by NeoMaxy; 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM. Reason: To add more crazy
            "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I could've tolerated that level of crazy, but I could go for a group tumblr that lets you guys recount all the hilarious/squicky fan deets! It's been a decade, so no harm now, right? I'm sure they've all grown into perfectly normal people.

Comment

I have pictures of SM but I have no idea what her online name was.

I can't remember it all anymore (and some may have been blocked out-such as Acid Washed Grandma masturbating on the "Witter" porch allegedly...) but there may still exist a video tape where certain details were detailed, detailedly.

Comment

Where does that film in Georgia? I bet they get town groupies there like Wilmy did. (Does anything still film in Wilmy? Is One Tree Hill still on the air? I'm OLD.)
                  TVD films in a town (Covington) right outside of Atlanta. I believe Teen Wolf films there, too, so fans and groupies sometimes do both. I doubt the atmosphere is anything like Wilmy was, though. There will never be another Wilmy!

One Tree Hill still films there, but this is it's last season! I don't know if anything else still does. KW is working on his new serial killer show with Kevin Bacon, and I think they are filming the pilot in like, Virginia or something? But perhaps he'll decide to do that one in Wilmy if it gets picked up.

Comment

Looks like Wilmy's been quiet, but Hunger Games was filmed in Charlotte, so NC is still getting some action.

Comment

Hunger Games did a lot of their filming closer to us, actually. Here in the mountains. For all the District 12 stuff, anyway. The cast was spotted out and about downtown a decent amount.

Comment

A guy I went to High School with just came out on FB. By posting, and I quote, "I prefer cock." Heeeeeee. It made me realize that I haven't heard about any of the guys (or girls) I knew in HS coming out. We had one reversal (a girl who was gay then who is now married to a man) but I seriously can't believe this guy's the only one. It's just not possible and it is why I am definitely going to my next reunion.

Comment

I only know of at three who have come out since high school, including my brother. All of them are guys who dated girls while we were at school. You are right . . . the number should be way higher. Hmmm . . .

This year should be my 20 yr reunion, but I haven't heard a single peep about it yet. You'd think somebody would be on top of that by now.

Comment

One of my BFFs came out after high school and I can name at least 5 others who came out while we were in college. And then there's the girl who came out, had a commitment ceremony with her partner, helped her partner go through a sex change procedure, divorced her, and then started dating her old high school boyfriend again and then married him. And he has a super churchy family who I'm sure flipped the fuck out over their reunion.

But I'm from Texas where they try to stifle all the gay out of you, especially when you're in high school, so there was always gonna be a pretty good chance that people would come out after they moved out of their parents' home and away from the homophobe football coaches.

Comment

My Gay BFF from the 1990s is now a fundamental Baptist married to a chubby, very sheltered, much younger woman. He posts about his love of Paul Ryan like all day. It's pretty weird.

I can't think of anybody I found out was gay from high school that I didn't know was gay.

Comment

I didn't even know my own brother was gay!

And he wore purple sweatpants and was the drum major of the marching band. And insisted that his drum major costume include a sparkly cape. I had no clue.

We didn't have a single out person at our school, nor did I know a single out person in college in TX. Moving to NYC was a happy revelation!

Comment

Working...
                                X