Tumblr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Maury GIFs from Buzzfeed.

Now I'm sad I was never in an audience at Maury and will never be made into a GIF to last for all of time.
    Last edited by LaaLaa; 01-11-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Coming in late, but yes, mansplaining is the story of my career as well. Woman software engineer; obviously my ovaries preclude me from being able to follow technical talk. *roll eyes* Give me a month with them and I can win them over, but why do I have to do that over and over again? Grrr.

Comment

Lizzie Bennett Diaries

http://lizziebennetdiaries.tumblr.com/playall

Folks on my TL have been raving about this web series, which is a modern adaptation of P&P. Haven't checked it out yet, but the oohing and aahing and general squeeing has me interested.

Comment

Oh, I've seen that! I like it and it's a must if you're an Austen completist and you end up liking characters you'd never thought you'd like, however some of the instalments are kind of... boring? I know I had them playing while doing other things. Granted, I wanted to catch up and saw 80 videos in succession.

The main lead's voice can be quite annoying.
          sigpic

Comment

This site will give you a hug. Actually, it will give you lots of smiles and lots of hugs and it is truly very comforting. The sort of thing you send a friend if they are feeling blue.

http://www.thenicestplaceontheinter.net/

Comment

I love that. Really. It's oddly moving.

I'm insanely premenstrual. Have I mentioned that. *sniff*
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

AWW. That made me love humanity. ...as soon as I was sure it wasn't one of those gifs that you're supposed to stare at until something pops out and scares the crap out of you!

Comment

today I was working at an (Indigenous) Elders conference and took part in a sunrise ceremony. At the closing of the ceremony the ceremony leader said that he was going to hug everyone in the circle and that each person he hugged had to follow him around the circle and hug everyone else. So it ended up we all hugged each other twice. After standing out in the cold for 2 hours that pretty well warmed us up! But it was nice - got everyone talking and laughing and just made you feel better.

Comment

Aw. HUGS FOR EVERYONE.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I think everyone should start every day by hugging everyone they see. I do it, but that's pretty much because everyone I see during the day is related to me. Or my dog.

Comment

The Lizzie Bennett Diaries are charming so far! I'm only 16 eps in (they are 5mins each) and I'm pretty impressed at the casting. Jane and Lydia are spot on, and I like Charlotte a lot.

Comment

The Lizzie Bennett diaries had me up until 2AM playing the *just one more episode* game (my eyes are so red I look like I have pink eye). BUT! I'm all caught up and I am in LOVE with this series.

ETA: *charming* is the perfect word for this. The characters of Jane and Lydia are perfectly done, but Lizzie did take some time to grow on me. Her voice didn't bother me (probably because that's close to what I sound like) but I just didn't connect at first.
                          Last edited by gloopdygleep; 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

You are hardcore, lady! Mad respect.

I'm only up to ep 45 (meeting Wickham right now- gorgeous). Still surprised at the casting for what has to be a super low budget production . . . the boys have been super cute. Bing Lee? OMB. HAWT like FIAH. And since I'm always hyper aware of this, I appreciate casting Asian Americans as Bing and Caroline (and Charlotte Lu ). Nicely done.

Lydia breaks my heart every time she comes on! I think it's because I know what *must* be coming and it's tragic! And also just because she so desperately wants her sisters' approval and they are clueless about how badly she needs them. But Jane and Lizzie only need each other . . . and are so believably oblivious to poor Lydia's cry for attention. It's a nice interpretation of that relationship.

And when Charlotte took Ricky Collin's job offer, it was so intense! That discussion between Charlotte and Lizzie felt very real. Lizzie is so wrong! I feel for Charlotte, though. And yes, I realize it is INSANE to be having feels about what's going to happen to characters from a book published 200 yrs ago (today, actually).

BRB still crushing on Bing Lee.

Comment

And when Charlotte took Ricky Collin's job offer, it was so intense! That discussion between Charlotte and Lizzie felt very real. Lizzie is so wrong! I feel for Charlotte, though.
                              I KNOW! I thought the shift from *marriage* to *job offer* was genious and still had the same effect of Lizzie feeling like Charlotte was settling and she was losing her. But I wanted to shake Lizzie and yell "haven't you ever heard of a stepping stone? Real work of ANY kind on a resume is better than NO work. And also a paycheck. And also, QUIT BEING CONTROLLING LIKE YOUR MOTHER".

*ahem* As I said, I was up very late.

Can't wait for you to get caught up so we can discuss what's happening. And for a new webisode.

Comment

Shit. Lydia has her own diary= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0H8W...glhew&index=34.

I am NOT starting this tonight because I NEED sleep. Well, probably not starting it.

Ok, maybe just 1 episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X