X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tumblr

Wherein to discuss Tumblrs.

Old Loves--I can't stop looking at it!

I totally get Natalie Wood wanting Warren Beatty--I mean, in 1962? Probably the hottest guy in h'wood. But I'll never understand why Madonna did it.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Madonna's post-Sean Penn choices have always baffled me.

I'm starting to get irrationally annoyed by the couples that aren't there. Paul Simon and random chick? Meh, where's Carrie Fisher? I want to see people I KNOW.

<-- Childish.

Also, I too wiki'd that cutie-pie French & German couple and the weirdest thing to me is that he cheated on her and had a love-child (which he denied, lousy French jerk) with Nico, whose songs I only know from The Royal Tennenbaums. Which brings us right back to Gwyneth (because it is always all about her). Are she and BAffleck pictured yet? I don't really remember them being a couple, I think his relationship with J.Lo eclipsed everything.

Edited because Pam Grier dated Kareem Abdul Jabar? That's the coolest thing I've ever heard.
    Last edited by roly; 12-16-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Seeing Bruce Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert made me sad - I thought they would last forever!

Comment

Posting after myself because this thing is addicting - really, Janis Joplin and Peter Tork were a thing? He was of course my favorite Monkee, but I had no clue that Janis had the same taste.

Comment

I was excited to see a whole Monkees series of posts! Davy Jones & Sally Field 4evah!!!
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I was just reading about Peter Tork's circle a few months ago. I had forgotten how he had ensconced himself in the GV music social circle and hung out with all the cool people.

Is this also a place where I can bitch about Tumblr in general because their formatting is beyond annoying and too sparse to navigate instinctively and they're the only sources of info for um, stuff I need right now about um, princes and whatever and THESE FUCKING KIDS TODAY NEED A GIF-INTERVENTION and a course on fanvidding. *flops* Stupid, useless Tumblr.

Comment

TOO MANY GIFS! My eyes can't take it. I feel like I'm going to go into a seizure.

Comment

Do other married people feel slightly terrified by long-term couples breaking up? I mean, some people you can't believe lasted as long as they did and others--like Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard make you feel a tiny terror in your heart. The thought of being together from 1982 to 2010 and then just breaking up seems insane to me. But, perhaps that is a sign that I will forever be too lazy to ever leave (even if I wanted to)? Like it just seems like such a hassle! Hee!

Comment

I''ve only been married a few years, but it doesn't scare me when long-term couples break up. If we split after 20 years, I think about how loooooonnngggg we must have actually hated each other before calling it quits, but I also think we're too lazy to ever leave each other. I mean, just the thought of having to pack all our shit would be enough to make us stay. Open marriage > packing any day.

Comment

I remember being very young cooking on the back porch with my Sicilian great aunts who were the biggest smoking shit talkers I've known to this day and they would tell me ALL THE TIME that the most important thing I need to remember is that "I do not need him and I am doing him a favor by being there." and then the other thing was "Some days you're just going to hate him." One of them even gave me $2000 in cash when I got married so I didn't feel like I wouldn't have any money if I wanted to leave. They were CRAZY! And they were all married for like a bazillion years. AND (they're all dead now) but they really *liked* That Nice Jew I was marrying. We haven't had any friends divorce yet in our group but we are VVPOSITIVE that a wife is cheating. We feel it's TRUENUF based on collected evidence. I can't imagine not being with Mr. S - but I think of the things my family has put him through over the years and worry sometimes that it will finally just be too much bullshit for anyone.

Comment

Mr. Is is so lucky that my entire immediate family is dead! <---dark sense of humor.

But I'm with Issie. I hate packing soooo much.

Also? This conversation might be insensitive to vanessa but she seems happy with her move so I guess there's a point where the desire to change trumps the desire to not have to pack.

Comment

It's not insensitive so no worries.

The packing thing is insane, though it feels good to have thrown away so much junk and start in a fresh clean apartment. Disentangling the rest of your life is much harder; I'm still trying to figure that out.

Re: "If we split after 20 years, I think about how loooooonnngggg we must have actually hated each other before calling it quits" the people I know who've done this, it's not like that. I mean, I'm sure it is for some people, but in a long marriage that ends, it's more you've changed in ways that are different and incompatible. I think true hatred marriages end quicker? IDK, but other people I know in the same situation just sort of discovered that they had nothing in common, or wanted different stuff from life. And it's healthy to realize that and make a change as opposed to holding each other back from the other life.

But I totally love Sarah's aunts.

Comment

but in a long marriage that ends, it's more you've changed in ways that are different and incompatible. I think true hatred marriages end quicker
                          That is an excellent point, I hadn't thought of it like that before. It's also sadder to me when I view it from that perspective. Like, you start your lives together thinking that you'll grow and change, but that you'll do it in ways that your partner can appreciate, respect, enjoy, and even complement. But then it doesn't happen that way.

Comment

I have to say, that if we ever did split up, I think we'd go out War of the Roses style but maybe we're better people than I think we are?

Comment

Mr. Is told me he would split up everything. With a saw. I think that was if I cheated on him though.

(Honestly? I think I could get over cheating so long as it wasn't chronic where he was trying to nail every gal in sight. Guys like that are EW. But, like, if he got drunk somewhere and hooked up with a girl? Eh, I'd probably do the same if I didn't think he would die of anguish over it).

Comment

Working...
                              X