Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Vlog- Whaaaaat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are relentlessly fundraising to be able to continue it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...books-8-beyond

I think their target of $60k is too aggressive, but I guess we'll see.

Personally, I'm totally cool with it ending here . . . but the creator thinks it's 'gross' to have the end be all about getting the guy, so it's being posed as a feminist issue. Like, if you care about feminism, you'll donate so they can take the story beyond the romantic conclusion ending.

I care about feminism, but I'm also okay with romantic conclusion endings, so . . .

and also, if that was truly the case, they should have managed the story better, you know? Alice and Andrew could have gotten together many eps ago, if that had been an actual concern.

Comment

• I'm totally out of the loop on anything media like, but I can't even imagine that they would need $60K to continue this series. There is a cast of, like, 3. And 2 different set dressings that I can recall.

Yeah, I'm fine with them ending it with a romantic conclusion. I liked this series well enough but it was no LBD.

Comment

• I believe Classic Alice has hit the $25k mark. That's still a long way from where they want to be to continue on . . . but I don't know what they do with the money if they *don't* continue the series, you know? People donate assuming you will do *something*.

I've already moved on with my life, so whatever.

joannasotomura
        2 days ago
        Celebrating an early Valentine's Day with my baby ❤️💐☕️😘#bestmorning @brentmbailey

Okay, I love you guys . . . but Brent, really. That is a hella cliché assortment of Valentine's Day miscellany from the grocery store. Do better in 2016, okay?

and this adorableness:

joannasotomura
        14 hours ago
        .@brentmbailey knows what the fox says! 😸#dubsmash

vid: http://instagram.com/p/y3U3fMyGVs/?modal=true

Comment

• They really can't get any cuter. So adorable.

Comment

• Yes, they can!

brentmbailey
            21 hours ago
            I'm totally checking out her cards 😆 #latergram

Comment

• Brent Bailey's audition as Knightly, Darcy and Whickam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtKZhSVbhc
              sigpic

Comment

• Speaking of Brent Bailey, this had me rolling:

When he slams down that coaster I died!

Comment

• Ha! That vid was cute.

If I have time next week, I'm going to try and get into The March Family Letters again. I like these shows better when I can binge watch a bunch of eps in a row and not parcel them out week by week. Not really missing Classic Alice yet, so I might let those pile up if/when they start up again, too.

Anyone here watching Carmilla? I have seen tumblr gif sets that make me want to start.

Brentanna for VDay (I can turn ANY thread into a RLTL shipping thread because of course I can):

joannasotomura
                  5 hours ago
                  I'm so lucky I get to call this man my Valentine. Crazy about you @brentmbailey! Here's to many many more 💗 #latergram #happyvalentinesday

brentmbailey
                  7 hours ago
                  I've got the best girlfriend ever. We celebrated Valentine's Day last weekend because I was supposed to film this weekend, but she surprised me with this amazing dinner tonight! 😘😘 love you baby!@joannasotomura

I wish all of my couples were this demonstrative in public. *sigh*

Comment

• If I have time next week, I'm going to try and get into The March Family Letters again. I like these shows better when I can binge watch a bunch of eps in a row and not parcel them out week by week. Not really missing Classic Alice yet, so I might let those pile up if/when they start up again, too.
                    Ditto. Except I'm not watching The March Family Letters unless you tell me I should .

What is Carmilla?

Comment

• It's a web series adaptation of the Sheridan Le Fanu novel Carmilla, about a lesbian vampire who falls in love with a girl (written in 1871 amazingly, enough for that plotline). In the web series, the setting is a modern university, where girls keep disappearing. The protagonist, Laura, apparently gets a strange moody new girl as a roommate, and then lesbian vampire shenanigans happen.

It has a rabid fanbase on tumblr, but I have no idea if it's any good.

11 Reasons To Watch Carmilla from BuzzFeed, complete with links and whatnot:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katieminard/...hk2#.wfZokK7aV

E
                      TA here's another masterpost of web serials if Carmilla doesn't interest you, or just need more:

http://loddiemo.tumblr.com/post/1111...o-count-up-the
                      Last edited by ophy; 02-15-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• On episode 6 of Kissing in the Rain.

Lydia Bennet I've missed you so bad! Of course it's not Lydia but the series is fun so far.

Comment

• Kissing in the Rain is only 10 episodes (so far? I don't know if it's over) but I LOVED it!

ETA: Also loving Social Media. Cuteness.
                          Last edited by gloopdygleep; 02-16-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• So I think that Squaresville is my favorite so far. Just get past the first two episodes and it starts slowly building into something good.

I finished the first season and am diving into Season 2.

Comment

• Kissing in the Rain! So much fun. I think I only tried one ep of Squaresville, back in the day. I have had sick kids home with me for the past five days, so I've had no time to catch up on any of this yet.

Comment

• I was going down that list watching the first episode of each one and then moving on except for Kissing in the Rain and Social Medium. I almost stopped after episode one of Squaresville and I'm so glad I didn't. The series isn't actually anything like the first few episodes and everything gets SO much better from the writing to the acting to the camera work. Zelda and Esther are ADORKABLE! Percy is also kinda awesome, especially when we learn how two girls became his best friends:

Comment

Working...
                                X