MNN Goes to SDCC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNN Goes to SDCC

All right errryone, other than the TWO panels my BB is on, pick thy poison over the four days to move SarahBot around the rooms. I'm SO conflicted about Hall H and it's diaper-wearing lines of eternal waiting.

Program Schedule.

For science:

OMB. That is my dream trip!

Of course, Teen Wolf and anything Whedon would be my first choices.

Tell us ERRYTHING. I am so excited for you. And so jealous I could die.

Comment

Whatever you cover I'm going to be all ovah.

Note: I can't/can believe the sequel to Sharknado is called “Sharknado 2: The Second One.”

Comment

Orphan Black on Friday if you can swing it! You'd be my hero, not that you already aren't for DC Couple War Trophy Gloat.

Comment

I second Orphan Black. I am sooooo jealous!

ETA. Or anything TVD. What? For ophy!
          sigpic

Comment

Sarah! I can't believe you are really going.

Honestly, you shouldn't feel like you *have* to do TVD or The Originals! The Plecverse panels will bore you silly if you don't already care about these peeps, and the crowd is bound to be a really obnoxious one. I love you too much to make you deal with a room full of Ian Somerhalder fangirls.

Orphan Black is my top choice for you.

Sched-wise, this is what I'd do:

Wed. Preview Night:

6:00 PM The Flash pilot screening, and the iZombie pilot screening (if both . . . if not both, then iZombie).

-------

Thurs:

10:30 Legends of TV Land (Betty White)

12:00 Fairy Tale Remix

1:15 Reign

2:00 1984's Greatest Geek Movies

2:15 Community

3:30 Teen Wolf

5:45 Witches of East End

7:15 Sharknado 2: The Second One

8:30 Dr. Horrible

--------------

Friday:

2:15 Outlander

3:00 Marvel Television (Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter)

4:15 The Originals

5:30 Arrow

5:45 Sleepy Hollow

6:00 Orphan Black

7:30 Creativity is Magic: Fandom, Transmedia and Transformative works

--------------

Saturday:

10:00 Diversity in Genre Lit

10:00 Phineas and Ferb

10:30 Avatar: The Last Airbender

10:30 Fantastic Females: Heroines in Paranormal Fantasy

11:00 OUAT

12:00 TV Guide fan faves (including Captain Hook, if that's your thing)

3:30 Twin Peaks

4:00 TVD (well . . . )

5:30 Marvel (Hall H, so maybe not)

--------------

Sunday:

10:00 Supernatural (Hall H plus CRAZY fangirls . . . )

1:00 What's Hot in YA Fiction

3:30 Once More With Feeling BTVS sing-along

------------

To accomplish this schedule, you would have to learn how to bend the space-time continuum, but! what better place to learn how to do that? Also, it leaves time for naps and early bedtimes.

Comment

Every bit of me is jealous of every bit of you. That said, I have nothing in particular to send you to. But I want to hear all!

Comment

I vote for Reign, Teen Wolf, and anything between 5 and 7 on Friday!

Hall H looks BORING as hell this year. I watch GoT and TWD and I give no fucks about those panels. Marvel on Saturday is the only one worth seeing and I watched theirs last year on YouTube and it was boring. So, yeah, who cares about that? It makes me laugh that there is a feminist or YA panel like every hour throughout the show.

Saturday:
                I would go to the TVD panel just to say I did. The Entertainment Weekly Women Who Kick Ass panel on Saturday also looks pretty awesome (Tatianna Mansley and Arya Stark). Rulers of the Realm would be fun: George RR Martin himself! And the Outlander chick.

I would also go to Publishing 360: How to build a bestseller.

On Sunday I MIGHT go to the "Ball-Jointed Dolls Collectors Group" because that's just weird enough to lure me in. Probably I would go to "What's Hot in YA" because it's just timely.

I wouldn't go to any specifically feminist panels or any do-gooder panels in general because it's ComicCon, not the NARAL conference for christ's sake!
                Last edited by isadora; 07-14-2014, 01:33 PM.
                6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

No requests or recs but I'm so excited for you! Have the best time!

Comment

I think/hope those female-protag panels are for male writers who may be struggling with their characters because, you know, maybe they haven't had the most interaction with ladies.

Kelly Osbourne is on a panel discussing sibling relationships in Peanuts? Hokay.

Sarah, your TV Guide Fan Faves panel also includes Misha Collins (Supernatural) and Aisha Tyler (Archer), so that sounds like it'll be outrageously fun.

Comment

Have lots of fun!! Now I'm a bit sad I'm not going anymore, would have been nice to meet someone from here in person. But It was comic con or Hawaii so it was an easy choice for me.
                      Have a great time, make lots of phptos!! Can't wait to hear all your stories and see the photos!
                      I would go for Orphan Black ,Teenwolf ,arrow, OUAT, and supernatural.

Comment

Sarah sent me a few SDCC pics from her arrival last night:
                        Buffy nerd with Jane Espensen signed tote bag:

Sarah's reason to exist:

My fave:

6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

Eeeee! Someone needs to take the trash out in Sleepy Hollow.

Comment

Glad you arrived safely, Sarah!

I feel overwhelmed (and like people are touching me) just looking at those pics. Remember when Comic Con was just something Seth Cohen blew off so he could go to Tijuana with Summer and Marissa instead?

Comment

Behind on updates but: Sarah is at the Hard Rock right now and she's in line to see the Hunger Games stuff (HOLOGRAMS) and the cast of Sleepy Hollow just got shuffled past her, Emily D. from Bones, the cast of Hellboy AND! the cast of The Originals. All being moved around to get to their various panels across the street, which is a 30-minute car ride. To get across the street.

Comment

Working...
                              X