Dead Celebrities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Celebrities

How do we not have a celebrity deaths general thread?

Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain got me shook, y'all.
    6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

And they both used the same method! Is this another one of those things that has to happen in threes? I really hope not.

Kate Spade's note to her daughter was very odd. I mean, she must have just wanted to reassure her that none of it was her fault, but the "Ask daddy" part is a weird thread to leave between your kid and her only living parent. But that set aside, both of these reports gave me the sads. RIP.

Comment

I just gave my little cousin her first Kate Spade for her high school grad gift, and I gave the hubs Kitchen Confidential for Christmas. Ugh.

Comment

How do we not have a celebrity deaths general thread?
        We do. Itís over in Whatnot.

That said, this Kate Spade thing has me sad. I read Kitchen Confidential some years ago, but never felt a kinship with Bourdain, but I have some fancy Kate Spade sunglasses that I love. I read something really correct about her - she made women feel like grownups.

Comment

Originally posted by IssieCol View Post
          And they both used the same method! Is this another one of those things that has to happen in threes? I really hope not.
          She's not really a famous name herself, obviously, not in this part of the world, but it actually kind of did happen in 3- Queen Maxima's, (the Queen of Holland) little sister killed herself this week too, apparently also using the same method. It was after Kate Spade but before Anthony Bourdain. She was only 33.

Comment

Bourdain upset me more than Spade but both bummed me out.

Kate Spade moved us from men's clothing at work to being able to be both adult and feminine. Her designs were whimsical but adult. I like most of her stuff.

Bourdain's death kinda hit me harder than expected. I read his books, and my husband is a huge fan of his shows so I'd seen a ton of his output over the years. And he had a real love of humanity that came through everything he did. And, in recent years, through his relationship with Asia Argento, he really started to understand the world through womens' eyes. All of those things made me like him more and that, coupled with all the stores of his generosity and charm when off-camera had me very, very sad.
            6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

Bourdain's ex wife had had an affair with this genius competitive grappler. Word in the bjj community is he was crushed when she left him. It's unclear if they had an open marriage at first or what but still. He was taking private classes in grappling as far back as a 2,3 days before the suicide. Very unfortunate, everybody liked him. Consensus is he was a good person on and off camera

Comment

Working...
              X