The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1654257.html

From catching yellow cabs to doing her own shopping, life has changed considerably for Katie Holmes since she filed for divorce, but it seems like the ex-Mrs. Tom Cruise couldn’t be happier.

"She looked really happy as she pushed Suri around Wholefoods in a shopping cart," one customer told me. "She picked out lettuce and orange juice and if it wasn’t for the fact that she was being followed by a personal bodyguard, she would have looked like any other shopper."

This is a far cry from the life she led with Tom, which included personal chefs and a staff that did all of the family's shopping. The mother and daughter have also exchanged luxury homes around the world for a three bedroom apartment in Chelsea, right on busy Seventh Avenue. Ironically, Tom’s ex Penelope Cruz also owns an apartment on the tenth floor of the building.

"She is keeping to herself," one resident tells me. "She has been very polite to everyone, but surprisingly we have not seen maids, butlers, personal chefs and the army of staff you associate with Tom descend upon the building. In fact, the only thing that has arrived since Katie and Suri [moved in] is the crazy amount of photographers camped outside each day."

The building has even put up barricades outside the front door to hold the press at bay.

"Katie saw all of her nieces and nephews going to school and having normal childhoods and she realized she wanted her daughter to have a normal childhood as well," a family friend told The Daily Beast.

The mom and daughter were even seen a few nights ago, getting into a yellow taxi after enjoying ice cream in the East Village -- normal seems to be Katie and Suri’s new religion. Could the subway be next?
    So good. So freaking good. TEAM MARTY definitely.

Comment

• I'm starting to care less about the whole "Katie escapes" angle and more about the "Will this be the event that DESTROYS the Scienos?!" It seems like over the last 4 or 5 years, more and more awful stories are coming out. It used to be that people were scared to death to even talk about CoS, and now they're being mocked all over the place, high profile members are leaving and speaking out, and the other high profile members are getting into all sorts of trouble that being a Scieno should "cure." I really think the whole thing could come crashing down in the next couple of months, which would be epic and delicious.

Comment

• That email has the most baffling grammar!

I didn't realize this until re-reading some important clam data but! Tommy Davis -- the dude that allegedly turned Nicole's kids against her by calling her a suppressive (or sociopath) -- is the son of actress Anne Archer and is married to Jessica F. (Katie's clam babysitter and self-described best friend after knowing her for about a month).

Tommy issued a statement to ABC news:
        "Marty Rathbun never witnessed conversations between me and Isabella and Connor Cruise about their mother because no such conversations ever occurred. I have never spoken with Isabella or Connor about their mother and never would as it is none of my business. – Tommy Davis"
        Many Scientology watchdogs felt that Tommy Davis went missing after admitting that L. Ron Hubbard might not have been a war hero or something. Basically he'd never issued a statement after that until this one.

Also? An entire mission has defecting from CO$ today. Joey Potter is delivering Scientology's death blow. I can't even process that.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Ophy, I love that HuffPo article: "she looked so happy while buying lettuce and orange juice."

She is spending a lot of time at Whole Foods.

All this stuff about the downfall of Scientology is making me giddy. All this gossip is like Christmas.

Comment

• That would be the BEST.

Little Joey Potter taking down all of Scientology. So delicious.

Pics of KH taking Suri to a children's museum. NORMAL IS THEIR NEW RELIGION.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70173078.html

One of the commenters say they want to see MW and Matilda hanging with Suri and KH. Totally a good move on KH's part if she can make that playdate happen. But I can't see MW signing up for it at all. She's already been through the media circus thing with her kid, she's not going to put Matilda through that again.

Comment

• I'm starting to care less about the whole "Katie escapes" angle and more about the "Will this be the event that DESTROYS the Scienos?!"
              Her choice. changed. everything.

I saw the playdate suggestion comment and it would be so painfully cute. As great a PR move as a lunch with DK and The J at The Ivy or grocery shopping with Busy and Birdie. But you're right, MW wasn't close to KH in the first place, so now? With the 24/7 paparazzi shitstorm? Nevah. Sadly. Suri needs friends.

Comment

• All of this is worth reading: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70164924.html

In the same week that Katie Holmes has begun divorce proceedings against husband Tom Cruise, Scientology's International Base in California has experienced further high-profile defections:Roanne Leake, who is L. Ron Hubbard's granddaughter, has "blown" the base, which was her home for more than 20 years. But just as shocking, at about the same time, the base was also abandoned by David Miscavige's father, Ron Miscavige Sr.

Village Voice sent a request to Scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw, but received no reply. However, multiple, independent sources got in touch, stating that Leake had left the base about two months ago, and about a month earlier she was preceded by Ron Sr. and his wife, Becky.

Our sources tell us that in each case, these are crucial, longtime Scientologists who have abandoned the only world they have known for many years, and is the latest, most dramatic evidence of a crisis in David Miscavige's leadership of founder L. Ron Hubbard's odd organization.

In the same week that Katie Holmes has begun divorce proceedings against husband Tom Cruise, Scientology's International Base in California has experienced further high-profile defections:Roanne Leake, who is L. Ron Hubbard's granddaughter, has "blown" the base, which was her home for more than 20 years. But just as shocking, at about the same time, the base was also abandoned by David Miscavige's father, Ron Miscavige Sr.

Village Voice sent a request to Scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw, but received no reply. However, multiple, independent sources got in touch, stating that Leake had left the base about two months ago, and about a month earlier she was preceded by Ron Sr. and his wife, Becky.

Our sources tell us that in each case, these are crucial, longtime Scientologists who have abandoned the only world they have known for many years, and is the latest, most dramatic evidence of a crisis in David Miscavige's leadership of founder L. Ron Hubbard's odd organization.

For Roanne to break free from that kind of insular environment is remarkable, and another indication of how things at the base are deteriorating. Earlier this year, Debbie Cook gave stunning court testimony about high-level executives being rounded up and held in a primitive office-prison at the base for a period of several years. Since about 2002, Miscavige has reportedly been purging the upper ranks of Scientology management of its executives.

------

As if church members hadn't been asked to give enough already, several new expensive initiatives have been launched or are in the works, and soon David Miscavige will be announcing one of the biggest revelations of his 26-year leadership of the church: there's a new Bridge to Total Freedom.

Normally in early June, Scientology's private cruise ship the Freewinds is the site of a celebration lasting a week or two which is called the "Maiden Voyage." It's an annual event that marks the anniversary of the release of New OT VIII, the highest current level of spiritual enlightenment, which is only delivered to church members on the ship.

However, this year, Maiden Voyage was reportedly put off until the first week of July, circumstantially confirmed by a St. Kitts music listing for a concert on July 7 to celebrate the Maiden Voyage.

Why is that significant? Sources state that it really is a huge deal. It's on Maiden Voyage that Miscavige, surrounded by some of his wealthiest followers, reveals new initiatives and new products which he'll ask the rest of the flock to fork out for later in the year. And we're told that this year, Miscavige has a whopper of a package to preview, and getting it just right has involved delays which have moved back the celebration.

Those wealthy Scientologists who sail on the Maiden Voyage will learn next week that come this Auditor's Day -- a big Scientology holiday that happens on the second Sunday in September -- church members will learn they have a lot more to pay for...

-- Finally, the new Mark VIII Ultra e-meter will be released, and each and every Scientologist will be expected to purchase one, at about $4,000.
                -- Because the new e-meter has to be written into materials, an entirely new "Bridge" is going to be released, with a new structure and with new pricing.
                -- And the Super Power building will finally, finally be opened.

We're told that part of the reason for the Bridge do-over is to rewrite materials for the new e-meter, but another reason is that Miscavige is trying to address the bad press over how expensive Scientology is.

Miscavige's overhauling of materials has caused serious strife in the organization before. In 1996, he announced "The Golden Age of Tech" and said that some training levels were in error, and after fixing them, required many Scientologists to redo training that cost them tens of thousands of dollars. In 2007, he republished Hubbard's essential texts in a new package called "The Basics" and pressured all members to buy multiple sets of them at up to $3,000 per set.
                -------

With this step, Miscavige is taking a huge risk. Discontent over his first redo of Hubbard's technology -- the 1996 Golden Age of Tech -- has never really died down, and was one of the key reasons for the exodus of longtime, loyal church members, some of them very high profile, like actor Jason Beghe. With intense fundraising driving away even more people like Dave and Synthia Fagen, Miscavige risks another wave of defections by announcing yet another alteration of Hubbard's tech and even more demands for re-payments.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz1zt2BxIxl
                Oh, yeah. Giant cracks forming in the org. This is awesome.

ETA Laa! Your icon!!!! I saw that ONTDers were calling KH 'the Mockingjay' and that is amazing.

Comment

• And I love this bit here from a different post: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...39.html#cutid1

As for Holmes, she was raised as a Catholic but converted to Scientology after getting together with Cruise, 50, in 2005. Sources tell Us Weekly the 33-year-old actress and Cruise "fought viciously" over how to raise their six-year-old daughter, Suri. At one point, Holmes had been attending Scientology classes three times a week, but stopped going a year and a half ago.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz1zt765OCl
                  So I guess we can say that this plan has been in the works for at least a year and a half, no?

Although the fact that she stopped going to classes does undercut the 'Tom controlled her like a puppet' story.

Comment

• KH making a Whole Foods run. Why doesn't she just move in there for Beek's sake?

She's looking good. And sane. http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70208509.html

Comment

• Has she forgotten how to shop for groceries? Maybe she doesn't know you can shop for more than one meal at a time?

She is looking better and better, though.

Comment

• Did she switch to the OCM? Is she taking her CLO? Because girl is clearly hungry for organics and feeling restored.

DYING over Laa's icon.

The use of these two gifs on EVERY Katie post at ONTD is KILLING me:

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yes! Maybe she bought the wrong brand of CLO the first couple of times, or maybe she keeps going back to change her oil mix so her OCM works better.

So in lurve with those gifs. The Celine Dion concert one cracks me into pieces every time.

Comment

• Laa's icon has totally made my day. It is TOO awesome. I think Marty's sent her sisters in for extra support. From what I remember from that E! THS on her during the Creek days, they look the same.

Poor kid, though. And I love the papz being all, "No flash, Suri!" like she gives a fuck. I'm sure that knowledge makes her feel less intimidated. Except for how it doesn't, at all.

Comment

• ONTDers say that if they don't see the Celine Dion gif posted, they'll know they've been compromised. Heeeeee. I'm not on ONTD, but if you are, please feel free to spread this like buttah! So people can make ones that are 10x better and aren't made on MS Paint.

Maybe she HAS forgotten how to shop for groceries. She looks so fucking thrilled to scoot through the aisles with her little reusable bag. Totally SFSSAWFBIC (Shopping For Something Small At Whole Foods Because I Can). I can see her slowly rotating food items and being like "Wait...Yes, yes, I know this one...It's all coming back...A little lumpy...and cold...very, very cold...My dad used to eat it right out of the tub and mom, she would get so mad...Cottage cheese? I remember! I remember!" And then her bodyguard rolls his eyes behind her.

Those ladies do look like they're Holmesian height. Poor Suri. Can you think of another kid that has it harder than her right now, paparazzi-wise? Brangelina's kids? That vid is nuts, but "Katie, I love your music!" or whatever that pap said made me laugh wayyyy too long.

So my break from this lasted, oh, 8 hours.
                              This has become my summer. I regret nothing!

Comment

• They were dead serious about the flash. Young children love to be stalked by large groups of grown men with cameras, but are totally freaked out by bright lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X