The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring, yo.

tom cruise and katie holmes have reached a divorce settlement less than two weeks after they split, reps for the pair confirm to gossip cop.

Holmes’ lawyer released a statement saying, “this case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.”

cruise and holmes also issued a joint statement, which reads, “we are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter suri’s best interests.”

“we want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” add cruise and holmes.

No details on the agreement are known at the moment.

Holmes blindsided cruise when she filed for divorce a week and a half ago.

She and daughter suri have since moved into a new apartment in new york.

Comment

• Whaaaaa????

*cries*

Comment

• Team Tom must've felt truly threatened by what she and others had on them. I picture him standing in front of Miscavige like Dorothy before the Wizard and being told this is "for the greater good."
        Or it went the other way and KH gave into joint custody. Maybe they threatened her family for real. I absolutely believe they'd do that.

Regardless, I do so love when celebs who have courted attention from the press like it was oxygen turn around and demand privacy.

Comment

• DAMMIT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Her ploy obvsly worked. She went big in the press with lots of unnamed sources and Team Tom was like: STOP WITH THE PRESS OMG!

So she had a lot less to lose in this battle then he did. I'd say she got most of what she wanted--which is likely primary custody and a child support "worthy" of Suri's princess station (and that will keep mama very well cared for during the next 12 years).

If Suri "picks" Tom around her pre/teen years? We'll know that the clams got her and brainwashed her against her own mother and that will be super duper sad.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• According to this, Katie got Suri in NYC and Tom is not allowed to be alone with her nor expose her to COS.
            Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have reached a divorce settlement, and as RadarOnline.com exclusively reported first, she will have primary custody of their daughter Suri Cruise.

Katie will continue to live in New York City with Suri, 6, and RadarOnline.com has exclusive details about Tom’s visitation rights, and one point that was important to Katie was that nanny and bodyguards she hired continue to be with Suri.

PHOTOS: Tom Cruise And Katie Holmes’ Relationship Through The Years

"Katie insisted that Suri's nanny and bodyguards always accompany her when she visits Tom. Katie did this for several reasons. This will ensure a smooth and easy transition for Suri when she is with Tom.

“Suri is Katie's number one priority. Tom only has Scientologists that work for him and Katie insisted that her staff will always be with their daughter. Under terms of the settlement, Suri isn't permitted to be exposed to anything Scientology related and this includes going to any Scientology churches, parties, etc. Katie made sure that this was ironclad in the agreement," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

PHOTOS: Katie Holmes Takes Suri To Whole Foods

Katie filed for divorce less than two weeks ago and moved into a new apartment in the tony Chelsea neighborhood and has been spotted almost daily with her daughter in Manhattan, while Tom finished filming Oblivion in Iceland and then returned to their home in Beverly Hills, where he spent his 50th birthday with his older children Isabella and Connor Cruise.

"We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents," a statement from Holmes and Cruise's reps said.

Comment

• Wow, if this is true? She really was ready to be the Mockingjay, am I right? I didn't believe the blind items about his affairs with Becks, Jeremy Renner, etc. Now? I'm almost convinced!

WHAT could she have on him? $cientology is a religion operating legally in the United States (even if we all know it's a creepy cult). So she really couldn't just say: I'm going to tell the world how WACKY Scientology is! Because...we know...and so what? I mean, I don't think it's grounds to keep him from unsupervised visitation legally (though personally? I totes do). SO WHAT IN THE EFFING EFF DOES SHE HAVE ON HIM that would truly destroy him? Unless she knows that Shelly is in The Hole? (and if she does and is keeping quiet about that? She's a dark, fucked-up person).

Or does Tom just not give a shit about being in control of Suri? I find that impossible to believe. Unless Suri really is NOT his and she was willing to go on the cover of People and say it? And even THEN? He could say: I knew it. I loved Katie and wanted to give Suri a beautiful home and life because I loved her for being Katie's child. It might actually make him look sympathetic!
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I KNOW.

What does she have/know?? What can she prove????

Not knowing is going to KILL me.

Doesn't matter what happens at the Olympics, Katie Holmes just done won ALL the beeking medals.

Nicole must really be crying in her cornflakes. This could have been you, Nicole! If you had only had the balls that Katie does.

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                  Or does Tom just not give a shit about being in control of Suri? I find that impossible to believe. Unless Suri really is NOT his and she was willing to go on the cover of People and say it? And even THEN? He could say: I knew it. I loved Katie and wanted to give Suri a beautiful home and life because I loved her for being Katie's child. It might actually make him look sympathetic!
                  Combined with the rumors that someone else knocked Nicole up just before they split? it might give rise to the "Tom's sterile" chatter again which I imagine the high Scieno mucky-mucks don't like, since presumably their religion should cure that. Still, I can't believe that would've been enough to get him to fold like this.

And I'm admittedly a Nicole apologist, but I can't fault her for being chased off. She and Tom were in very different positions 10 years ago than he and Katie are now. He had all the fame and power and no one knew he was crazy yet. I imagine the situation was a lot more, "I can wreck your career and take the kids, or I can just take the kids. You pick."
                  Last edited by roly; 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roly View Post
                    And I'm admittedly a Nicole apologist, but I can't fault her for being chased off. She and Tom were in very different positions 10 years ago then he and Katie are now. He had all the fame and power and no one knew he was crazy yet. I imagine the situation was a lot more, "I can wreck your career and take the kids, or I can just take the kids. You pick."
                    I agree it was a completely different atmosphere back then, with Tom's whole public image so tightly managed and controlled. Even Scientology's image was more like weird, new-agey, self-help type of stuff rather than creepy, evil cult.

Even while enjoying this all SO MUCH as a spectator sport, I still have to admit I've had a weird "bleargh" type feeling in my gut to imagine Tom ever getting any joint custody or "meaningful" alone time with Suri. Can you imagine handing your six year old daughter over to him, and his many, many issues? *shivers*

The clause regarding Katie's own personal nannies and bodyguards being present oddly makes me feel both better and worse about it.

Comment

• The clause regarding Katie's own personal nannies and bodyguards being present oddly makes me feel both better and worse about it.
                      Exactly! I'm glad that it's in there, but the fact that it had to be in there in the first place = incredible heebs.

I'm still confident that more shit will get aired. Oh, it will be aired.
                      Last edited by LaaLaa; 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• To be fair, I don't think Nicole thought Tom would totally ice her like he did. They had a decent arrangement for the first few years, so perhaps the kids' indoctrination into the cult was insidious and she wasn't made aware of it until too late? Plus, I kinda think Nicole and Tom were as legit as they could be, given his weird personality. That phone call transcript that was leaked several years ago presented a couple that was fighting about real stuff, not contract negotiations. They were arguing about lack of sex and too much time spent apart, IIRC. Plus, Marty Holmes was not consulting on Nicole's case.

If it's true that he's conceding on all things related to Suri, then it convinces me even more that this was a contract marriage from the beginning and that the only thing that took Team Tom by surprise was the timing and ferocity of her assault. The blind items related to their divorce were too on the nose for them to be coincidental, you know? I bet they expected her to file, but act meek as shit and slip away into oblivion, too scared by what happened with Nicole to put up a real fight.

But OMB, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, KH? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Aaaaannd, my DK shows up somewhere wearing mega CRAY Marchesa:

Bonus: The J's version of "WTF!?" face.

At this point, my obsession is so huge, it's almost like I KNOW her.
                        Last edited by IssieCol; 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I need so so so much more information than this! On the one hand, this is the best thing for Suri and I would never want a child to have to go through a long, drawn-out custody battle or possibly end up sucked into Scientology. On the other hand, give me the deets! Do you think Katie had to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement or something in exchange for this deal? I just want her to spill everything after it's all settled. Tom clearly has some deep, disturbing, scary secrets and she must have serious proof to have gotten him to fold so quick. I NEED to know!

Comment

• Yes, still so many mixed feelings! Yay to KH becoming the most surprising HBIC EVAHHHH, but I ALSO NEED TO KNOW.

Issie, as I was driving home from work I saw that on my phone and squealed "Marchesa feather chandelier! It's happening!" And my windows were down, so the guy in the car next to me gave me crazy lady face. She looks strangely waxy-faced in that pic, though. Lay off the illuminator, makeup peeps.

Comment

• Way to kill my fanart challenge with your quickie settlement, Katie! You're going on my list!

Issie didnt you win one of my awesomely bad prizes back in the old contest? I remember knowing your real name and address for about a minute (I really did immediately delete everyone's real info as soon as the crap was mailed out.)
                              "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• I totally wish I was cool enough to win a fan art challenge. Sadly, I think you sent me episodes from S3 or something? On fancy CD, no less!

And Laa, in my perfect scenario, DK heard about the super fast settlement and wondered just what ELSE KH might have on her list of things to be obtained with speed and called Georgina within seconds to gain access to the craziest dress possible. "I need something very...distracting."
                                Last edited by IssieCol; 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X