No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KH in Narciso for Kohl's showed up on my FB newsfeed, so I looked up the latest on Toledo. Katie Holmes: I’m Still A Midwestern Girl Who Likes Boxed Wine ...and dressing up dolls.

ETA: I remember why I posted this! It's because the way she describes it goes with my whole idea of her re-/discovering simple things at Whole Foods like boxed wine and, like, hot dogs.
    Last edited by LaaLaa; 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Anne Hathaway's basically perfect KH impresson had me doing a double take. She even sounds just like her. And Lainey did an article on how Toledo is still mega boring despite her Mockingjay status. I'm just saying, all of that was straight up gangsta Marty. KH was just the face of the whole operation.
      Last edited by IssieCol; 11-12-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• I think the voice is what nails it, totally. And the weird eye roll.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• It was so good! I think Anne Hathaway's impressions on SNL are great because she probs spends two months researching, rehearsing in all of the mirrors in her life, yelling at herself whenever she gets her inflection wrong.

KH is forever going to be day-to-day boring, but she still pulled off that prison break! She and KBell and JDoh.

Comment

• That is a great impression. My favorite thing is the article that says Anne Hathaway took a "nasty jab" at KH. Like this is the beginning of a feud.

Comment

• The trailer for DK's new movie came out today: The Host. I've read what the movie's about, but if I just saw that trailer, I'm not sure I'd think it was about aliens taking over. It looks ok, I guess. She's still in LA working on The Bridge. There've been some actors with smaller parts tweeting about working with her and Bechir for the past week or so. Also, Matthew Lillard joined the cast.

DK's supposed to go Paris next week to light up the Champs Elysees for the holidays so I'm thinking The J's gonna be with her. Fringe'll be on break for a few days for Thanksgiving, but they've celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving already. The past couple of years, they've gone to Mexico over the break.

On a somewhat related note, I always find it amusing how the French are so super subtle about pitting DK and Marion Cotillard against each other in these really small ways. Like, this year, Marion has a strong chance at winning Best Actress at Cannes and they put DK on the judging panel. Then yesterday Marion hosted the lighting ceremony for some super fancy French store, Au Printemps, and the Champs Elysees organizers counter with DK at their ceremony. And obvs Dior vs. Chanel forever! It's my favorite imaginary non-fight.

Comment

• I think Marion Cotillard is ridiculously beautiful and kinda puts DK in the corner.

*runs for cover*

Also? Issie? You could have your own DK & J thread. I mean, clearly you've posted in this one for years because I never thought they'd last (trolling you, kinda) but still. If you want one to pic spam post repeatedly after yourself like ophy does in her pet threads? It's all you, girl.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• The trailer is bizarre! You can't tell what is going on in the slightest, and the over text makes no sense. "How do you save humanity when the only things that is real is you?"

WTF.

ETA
                  If you want one to pic spam post repeatedly after yourself like ophy does in her pet threads?
                  DO IT. Having your very own pet thread is highly satisfactory. I named all of mine 'Hubert'.

Comment

• I didn't think they'd last either! When they first stated going out, it took everyone by surprise because it was so random. Even Mandy didn't know how they knew each other and when those Paris pictures came out of them, everyone at Fan Forum was like, "Whuh?" It was only after they hit the 3 year mark that I was like, Ohhhh, they're serious? If you want me to start a couple thread to keep stuff more organized, I will, but I don't care about posting in here. Maybe I'll start a retrospective pic spam thread over the holidays when I have time to map out their relaysh through pretty, pretty schmoopy photos.

I think Marion Cotillard is ridiculously beautiful and kinda puts DK in the corner.

*runs for cover*
                    If I had not been tracking DK for the past 3 years and become completely biased where she's concerned, I'd find her face pretty, but forgettable. And Marion is beautiful in that super classic French way, all romantic and sad eyed. Her face is remarkable. I remember watching that movie she did with Russell Crowe before anyone knew who she was and thinking how mega gorg she looked. No disagreements here.

Comment

• Marion Cotillard is one of those once in a lifetime beauties. Her face is . . . gah. Love her.

But yeah, I find DK endearing in a different way. Silly that the French pit them against each other, but it seems very French to do so. Vive la difference!

Comment

• I wish we had started separate threads for Big Events.

Like we should have had a HOLY SHITBALLS LEDGER DEATH thread. A DK&J thread. A TomKat Divorce thread. I just like to skim by topic. Wish you could tag posts like blogs do with key words!

Comment

• My philosophy on DK is that to know her is to luv her. So I'm basically The J.

If I could drop everything in life, I'd move to Paris and write a tell all about the love triangle that only I care about: DK, Guillaume, and Marion in their 20s. I'd self-pub that shit.

ETA: Over my break, I can do a little Core Four glossary and post it. We can have all the major topics with page numbers for easier reference.

Also, BWAH that we are so self-involved that we're like, "How can we make it easier to reread our old posts because they're so BRILLIANT?!"
                          Last edited by IssieCol; 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• I'd read it!

I don't even know what you're talking about! Ha! Who won?

Comment

• Bitch, you are ruining my MORNING! I don't have time to do their story justice right now!

In short: Marion and Guillaume have been besties for a very long time. For some reason they never got together. Then G met DK on a movie, fell for her, and married her. Then DK got busy with a bunch of parts that required her to leave Paris for like 18 months (she got Troy, National Treasure, and some other movie). She and Guillaume like never saw each other and I'm pretty sure they both cheated on one another. In that time frame, G and M did another movie together and were rumored to have had an affair. Everyone acted like DK was the slighted princess, but she was getting her fuck on with Chris Heinz. Finally, DK and G decided to break up, but then had weird on again/off again dramz that I suspect involved G running to Marion for comfort. And now G and M are together with a baby. Among the 3 of them, they seem to have broken even. They're all much happier now, obvs. But as for who wins in general? ISSIE 4 LYFE!

Comment

• I would love to know all the beautiful, messy details of that one, too--when there is more time to compile it, of course. I love all three of them, have gone over possible dramatic scenarios and that it all connects directly into Josh Jackson's romantic life ... just a big bowl of gossip that I could eat with a spoon. Doesn't even have to be 100% accurate to be delicious!

Comment

Working...
                                X