• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If any of this is true, it's just as we feared:
    YEAH, OK, TOM, YOU LOVE HER
    By PAULA FROELICH
    New York Post Page Six

Katie Holmes' whirlwind romance with Tom Cruise is taking its toll on her friendships and career.

Holmes, who is now living with Cruise in his Beverly Hills mansion, has stopped talking to many of her old friends who are not into her new religion, Scientology. One friend who worked with Holmes on "Pieces of April" said, "This relationship is becoming as weird as Liza Minnelli's and David Gest. It was exciting at first that Katie was dating Tom, but then when she started drifting away and I realized it was because we weren't into Scientology, it got a little weird."

Other friends claim they can't get Holmes — who has been surrounded during her "Batman Begins" junket at the Regent Beverly Wilshire by several Scientologists, including Cruise — to "return any calls." [I that Page Six keeps alluding to a bizarre cabal of $cientologists that follows Cruise -- and now Holmes -- everywhere. Maybe Jason Dohring and Jason Lee are part of the entourage? -- Is]

Cruise even took Holmes' parents, who are from Ohio, to the Scientology Celebrity Center last weekend.

Another friend added, "Before Katie moved into Tom's place, she gave a bunch of Scientology pamphlets to her doorman at the El Royale apartment complex with instructions for [him] to pass the pamphlets out to residents."

Meanwhile, Cruise reportedly convinced Holmes to back out of "Factory Girl," the biopic of Andy Warhol scenemaker Edie Sedgwick. Now, spies say, due to the attention on her relationship with Cruise, Holmes was passed over for "A Prairie Home Companion" — a role which went to Lindsay Lohan — and a Curt Johnson movie, "Rock It Girl."

A rep for Holmes declined comment.
    I love this story. It's tru enuf for me.
    It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I love that they always have to bring up Ohio. Is Ohio just that alien to people who live in NY and LA? I've been to Ohio about a million times, and it's really just like any other place, just flatter.

Comment

• Ohio? What is this Ohio place of which you speak? Do I need a passport to go there?

This entire thing just gets weirder by the day.

Comment

• Dane Cook did a reenactment of the Oprah interview on Jimmy Kimmel.

Comment

• I've been saying this is all Tom's sister's fault! There is no way a good PR person would allow Tom to go up in flames like that and his former publicist agrees.

From Radaronline.com:

Ground Control To Major Tom

Tom Cruise’s over-the-top exclamations of love for rumored fiancé Katie Holmes have his agents at CAA scrambling to congratulate him with the best gift they can think of: a gag order. Ever since the actor’s disastrous appearance with his girlfriend of one month on Oprah, sources say his top wranglers at the agency, Rick Nicita and Kevin Huvane, have been frantically pleading with Cruise’s sister/manager Lee Anne DeVette to “rein Tom in.”

“Kevin watched the show and was embarrassed for Tom,” says one agency insider. “He called Rick immediately and said something had to be done.” The pair then phoned DeVette—who took over her brother’s famously well-oiled PR machine from PMK/HBH potentate Pat Kingsley earlier this year—and read her the riot act, demanding that no further tapes of Cruise’s T.J. Mackey-esque performance on Oprah be released. Huvane also put in a delicate call to Cruise, reminding his suddenly soul-bearing client that “restraint can be a good thing.” Sources say Huvane blames DeVette for allowing her brother to spin “out of control” on her watch, especially when it comes to his relentless proselytizing of Scientology (Holmes being his most recent convert.)

But we hear at least one person is enjoying the spectacle. Inside sources say Kingsley is so amused by DeVette’s many missteps that she’s been using them as object lessons for her junior publicists on how to ruin a well-choreographed career.

“Tom has looked like a lot of things, but he’s never looked like a joke,” another source notes. “Thanks to his sister not controlling him, he looks like one. If I’d been at the [Oprah] taping I would have pulled the plug on every camera and dragged him out of the studio by force.” (DeVette did not return phone calls by press time and Nicita and Huvane declined to comment on their client’s latest incarnation.)

Though Kingsley denies deriving any pleasure from Cruise’s punch line status, she couldn’t resist mentioning that in the “extraordinary 14 years” she represented him, “we never disagreed on the publicity recommendations I made to him.” As for DeVette’s recommendations? “I have no comment on what decisions he or his people have made on his behalf as I consider it none of my business.”

Speaking of business, what did the famous director say to the family-friendly star of his sci-fi summer blockbuster after hearing that he was marrying a Scientology convert 16 years his junior? Muzzle Tov!
            It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hah. What if his sister had been plotting career sabotage and then found out all she had to do was let him be himself? Y'know -- "Yesss! Let's book some more shows! This is better than I'd anticipated! I knew about all the awkward, closed-mouth kissing and but I had NO idea he was going to use Oprah's set like a jungle gym! Priceless."

Oh, and I that reenactment.

Comment

• I went a'googling the e-meter and stumbled across this site.

So what about Jenna's career, Little Man Crazy? Why hasn't Scientology helped Jenna Elfman get a new series or lose that accent? What about HER career, Tom?
                "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

• I'm curious about the whole point of the Celebrity Centre. So artists and entertainers are more important than, say, doctors or teachers, so you have a church for for just them to hang out with each other? Now if I were to join - would I only be able go to the CC for a short while before having to go to a regular church/reading room?

Looking around the site I'm surprised how many celebs are part of this. Tom should follow Danny Masterson's or Beck's lead and not talk about it and let us think him crazy for completely different reasons.

I remember that in my hometown there was a Scientology Reading Room on the main floor of an office building that was right along a main street. They used to have what seemed like hundred of copies of Dianetics in the windows. But this place always seemed empty. Once I walked by during a major heat wave and the door was open and you could feel the air conditioning just blasting away - yet there wasn't anyone in the reading room.

Comment

• The Celebrity Centre is just to give refuge to the celebs to get their alien religion on in private, without the lookieloos. At least, that's my understanding of it.
                    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

• Hee. "Your indifference makes you part of the problem."

Comment

• Katie has fired her agent and her manager. Her new agent is also Tom's agent.

Mmmhmm.

Comment

• Wasn't her dad her agent or manager or something?

Comment

• I bet Tom's sister is going to let Katie go on Oprah and talk about her lip sores.

Comment

• Katie's manager was John Carrabino who is also Renee McSquinty's manager. And good thing KH dumped him too, 'cause all that Oscar winning and movie making that a good manager like Carrabino can help with really puts a dent in a girl's schedule when all she wants to do is hang out with her boyfriend.

TC continues riding the Kerrazy Train to Jacksonville with his latest EW interview.

What's it like reading all these stories about people not believing the relationship is real, that it's some sort of publicity stunt?

It's amusing at first. It's funny. But then you sit back and realize how sad it is that there are people who can't even imagine feeling like this. But my friends are happy for me. The people who know me are happy. My mom is happy. My family is happy.
                              Oh, y'all, it's so sad that we don't understand TRU happiness because we've never really had TRU LUV. 'Cause see, people who've had TRU LUV would totally understand why you have to act bat-shit insane in order to show how TRU your LUV is. I'm so glad that Tom and Katie and Sugz can have LUV like none of us can have LUV.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X