No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess for the announcing of the engagement is July 16th. Tom will want to see if he can eclipse the new Harry Potter, I just know it.
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• Wow, now I'm convinced I should get a Free Katie t-shirt. And not just because the guy on BWE had one.

Comment

• Oh Is, if this is true, I am so. sorry.

Comment

• Kim Basinger? Buh? All the rest of the candidates are young'ens and it makes no sense that she'd be part of that group. I'm surprised they haven't thrown in Jessica Alba since she's like the go-to superhero female du jour. And OMB, could you imagine MischaBot as WW? I would die of laughter. I'd go see it just to laugh and laugh for 2 hours.

Comment

• If Mischa were Wonder Woman, I'd die from bitter.

Comment

• Kim Bassinger? Bwahahahaha!

How much did her publicist pay to get her on that list?

oh.please.let.it.be.charisma!

I would be disappointed with Katie as Wonder-Woman. I just don't think she's that good! Especially at playing strong female characters. *pets handmade Wonder-Woman wallet*

I'm also starting to think that The Dirty J is going to be coaching for the Mighty Ducks: The Next Generation soon-ish.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• *whispers*

LUCY LAWLESS

*slides off chair*

Comment

• I read something implying Lawless (most obvious choice right now, IMO) is too old and they're looking for someone younger like the Kate chick who has RLTL with the Hobbit on Lost. I wonder if they would go with a girl who didn't have the Amazon-y build. That would be kinda weird, no? A waif-y WW? That feels wrong to me. Admittedly, I'm hardly an expert on any WW canon.

Comment

• Considering current Hollywood beauty standards? Lucy Lawless is out of the question. She would be a fun choice, however.

Katie is tall but insanely scrawny.

Hell, Charisma Carpenter *is* an Amazon compared to the other wispy waifs on that list.

The vintage WW books make her look sort of husky! But the last ones I saw (probably 1980s) were a tad more like a tall Pam Anderson.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Would someone tell TPTB that WW stands for Wonder Woman, not Wonder Waif. I just can't imagine WW doing the giggling, lip biting and hair fidgeting that KH passes off as acting.

Is AJ too old? 'Cause I'd be all over that choice - she was far more butch than BP in Smith and WW always had more balls than Trevor.

Comment

• Lucy Lawless is an obvious choice (tho agree with Is about how she's out of the question due to Hollywood beauty standards), but for me that's the reason I wouldn't want her to be WW. I mean, I've already seen enough of her running around in a bustier saving the world. I heard some rumblings that they were looking at Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe from Days of Our Lives, also romantically linked with Bruce Willis last I heard), which obviously would only work if they had WW as an opera singer. Hee.

KH is SO WRONG for WW. WW needs boobies and KH lost those long ago. Also WW has good posture! And doesn't have a baby voice!

Comment

• Wonder Woman has a dignity, a presence, that Katie Holmes could nevah evah do. And whats-her-name Kate from Lost I haven't seen in anything else, but I don't see it. You need a woman who can give you an idea of immortal wisdom.

*despairs if that is really the short list*

Comment

• Some ray of hope?
                            Cruise is probably anxious to spend as much time as he can with the starlet and start her religious lessons now that she's admitted to the Associated Press that she's converting to the Church of Scientology. Katie seems to have forgotten that just a few months ago she told CosmoGirl magazine: "I was raised Catholic and I've always had faith in God. It gives me a lot of security."

Scientology, founded by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, is known for its members' cult-like devotion. Sources close to Holmes already credit her "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"-like behavior to her being brainwashed by the Scientologists.

"If there's a soul for the taking, they take it," a Hollywood source close to her said. "She was such a sweet girl and now she's just gone."

The "Dawson's Creek" star has already turned her career over to Cruise in the past two weeks by dropping her longtime manager and switching to Cruise's agents.

So far it's been a bad move. Holmes turned down the plum role of Edie Sedgwick in "Factory Girl," reportedly at Cruise's behest, and then was passed over for "A Prairie Home Companion" and "Rock It Girl."

One role still in the hopper is "Wonder Woman," a picture based on the Marvel Comics heroine ó but sources say Holmes is a long shot.

While her agents at Creative Artists Agency are said to be "desperate" to get Holmes the "Wonder Woman" role, one source said that producers feel "she doesn't have the chops to carry an entire film."

Holmes' representative said: "I don't know anything about this."
                            ETA more gossip coverage of the kerr-aziness:

Talk about a war of the worlds!
                            I hear that Katie Holmes is driving Warner Bros. Pictures absolutely batty with her insistence - or maybe it's boyfriend Tom Cruise's insistence - that a Church of Scientology official accompany the starlet every step of the way on her "Batman Begins" press tour.

Warner Bros. international marketing execs have been firing off agitated E-mails expressing severe frustration that the 26-year-old Holmes' Scientology adviser, a twentysomething brunette identified as Jessica Rodriguez, has been monitoring (and occasionally interrupting) every single press interview when not giving Holmes religious instruction.

"Tom pays Jessica to 'Keep Katie on the path,'" reports a Lowdown spy. "She goes everywhere with Katie - she's never more than a quarter-step behind her. When you ask her who she is, she says, 'I'm Katie's best friend.' She's known her for six weeks!"

Adds the spy: "Warner Bros. is going out of its way to be nice, has been nothing but gracious, and Jessica is very condescending to people around her, and she continues to ask a thousand questions: 'What time does the plane leave?' 'How long is this interview going to take?'

"While in London, Jessica interrupted interviews with things like, 'Tom on the phone for Katie.' She was at 'Regis and Kelly,' 'GMA.' She's always around. She sat in on USA Today - that's why they did such a nasty article."

Yesterday, Holmes confirmed at a London press conference that she was officially converting to the religion founded in the 1950s by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. Her announcement seemed to provoke a glare from her "Batman Begins" co-star Michael Caine.

But the studio downplayed reports of tension.

"There's no discord between us and Jessica," said a rep for Warner Bros. "We, in fact, made Jessica's hotel reservations for her and brought her along on our plane. If she's someone Katie wants to travel with, that's fine. The people who made the tour made every effort to accommodate her. It's a very amicable situation."
                            Wow. Weirdness.
                            Last edited by isadora; 06-14-2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Her announcement seemed to provoke a glare from her "Batman Begins" co-star Michael Caine.

I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do!

Comment

• One role still in the hopper is "Wonder Woman," a picture based on the Marvel Comics heroine ó but sources say Holmes is a long shot.
                                DC Comics is gonna be so pissed - WW no way belongs to Marvel. She's not SpiderWoman!

Also, I always thought Michael Caine was a little creepy-looking, but I like him much better now.

This is just fantastic stuff; you couldn't make this shit up.

Comment

Working...
                                X