No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now the birth certificate father? Has full custody and she has visitation.
    This is interesting!

<--- all I know about custody laws I learned from the teevee

My kids don't have birth certificates, now that I think about it, so this is obvs way beyond my ken.

Comment

• My kids don't have birth certificates,
      That is interesting! How did you get them in school and stuff? I would have assumed the US made one for them upon adoption.

Comment

• Well, we might have needed birth certificates if we were sending them to a public school, maybe? But their current school didn't ask, and we didn't offer.

We were supposed to go through a whole rigamarole with a 're-adoption' process once we came back to the States with them, but apparently it involves lots of paperwork and fees and a county clerk and sometimes a family lawyer and all you get at the end of that is a birth certificate which is essentially a lie. I'm not super comfortable with the fact that I would jump through all of those hoops to get a piece of paper that says I gave birth to children in NC when that is absolutely not what happened. It's weird, right? I guess there's no alternative doc to reflect the truth in this situation.

It's funny though, because all of our official adoption docs are in Chinese, and we don't have much in English. We do have Certificates of US Citizenship for them, though, and we were able to get US passports and social security cards without a birth certificate. They only thing I can see as being a problem in the future is maybe when they want to get married and need a marriage license? Maybe? I really don't know. Maybe we'll have to go through all of the paperwork to 'certificate-ize' them when they are 30.

Perhaps driver's licenses will be a problem, too. I should prob check into that in the next ten years.

Comment

• When Suri was younger, I thought for sure she was a Mapother. She looked almost identical to William M. and sometimes I still think she does. It's likely that she is from that family, but man sometimes, SOMETIMES... she's a crazy perfect meld of Toledo/The J to me. I kinda hate it tbh despite wanting my Bravo show to become reality.

Comment

• HATE IT?

Could there be ANYTHING more delicious than a Dawson's Creek Sekrit Love Child?

DK or not, COME ON, PEOPLE.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Oh for sure, it would be AMAZING, but I really feel like DK's trying to get pregnant and has been for awhile now and for whatever reason has not been able to so it'd give me the sads for her. But I'm crazy, so whatever.

Comment

• ITA there would be nothing sweeter. We would officially win picking our fandom. Again, suck it, Roswell!

I'd be sad for DK if I thought she cared at all! guess I don't get the impression that they've been trying. They've fooled me with their carefree jetsetting and itty bitty swim coverups.
                Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Josh and Suri are sad, too.

Comment

• De Flea is making them as sad as Issie's preference for DK over the endless cake that is the Dawson's Creek fandom.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hey, I just like to live in the NOW, ahem RLTLers! I am still happy that our fandom wins, but Roswell was never gonna grab that sweet gold from us, come on. I will admit that I thought the Buffy crew would put up a stronger fight, though. They were a high seed that ended up flaming out early.

Comment

• Honestly, if you'd told me in 2003 that even The Beek would be still somewhat culturally relevant (or at least able to make news on his own) in 2013? I wouldn't have believed you.

Comment

• I weep for Nicholas Brendon, The J's luggage boy.

Work won't let me see your picture, CoreyFlood, and it hurts.

Comment

• Stop being such a killjoy, JVDB!

James Van Der Beek ‏@vanderjames 2m
                            Any fans traveling to NC to see "Dawson's house": First off - bless you. Second - please don't do it. It's not a set. It's someone's home...

...The people who live in that house were nice enough to put up with us for 6 years, let's not punish them for it by creeping on their lawn.

..I understand the curiosity, but you can take a tour at the studio there, and see a ton of locations downtown where we shot. #bekind
                            Anyone still hardcore enough to be taking a Creek tour has got to be near 40, right? They should just be content with the Swings of Love, then.

Comment

• Also, are these people asking the Beek about visiting info?

Comment

• I am late to the discussion, but like dada, I don't see the Suri/J resemblance. Now I don't think she looks much like Tom either, so I don't know who I think the dad is. I love the notion that it's the J - my DK/J love aside - but I just can't see it.

--

Knowing that peeps are still visiting Wilmy for DC purposes is both touching and scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X