No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Beek, someone turn on the bat signal for Posh. That's a Mother of the Bride dress.

Comment

• Yeah, I take back my not minding the bangs after seeing those. Oh, Katie.

Comment

• Her make-up in that brown dress is ASS, coupled with the chunky cut? Poor Toledo.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• She doesn't look healthy in that dress either. Maybe it's bad lighting/makeup.
          "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• Yeah, I'm trying to evolve and not skinny shame ladies but for real I *feel* her eating disorder is rearing its ugly head. *hugs for Toledo in her pain*
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Better shots of Toledo in that awful dress.

I still think that dress would be ripped apart on any edition of Project Runway.
              "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• @ US Weekly trying to sound like this wasn't a multi-level fail. "Purple makeup"? What makeup? "Bombshell"? Do they mean "bombed out"? This lipstick color is the saddest, y'all.

Comment

• Quick round up in Core Four news:

Toledo may have looked awful at the premiere and the reviews aren't great for the film but she's getting some praise for her acting!

VF review:
                  What can be said for this tonally janky and oddly paced film is that it offers Holmes an interesting vehicle to try something new. Sheís in nearly every scene of the movie, and does a respectable job of holding our focus even while the film pitches and yaws violently. She gets to lampoon the cutesy image thatís followed her since the Dawsonís Creek days, and shows some new, adult dramatic range. Miss Meadows is a pretty crazy person, and itís surprisingly fun to watch Katie Holmes unravel as the movie lurches along
                  THR review:
                  Holmes, using her doe-eyed adorableness to provocative effect, delivers a fine, startlingly off-kilter performance
                  MW, bit mixed - sounds like she's not in her comfort zone:

Williams makes her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles and she does an excellent job, playing both scared and daffy superbly and singing with real heart. Williams starts out a little tentatively but soon roars into the role and her version of the title song has a wrenching, dead-eyed quality that hauntingly undercuts its light lyrics
                  Williams, who makes her Broadway debut as Sally, certainly taps into the fragility of her character...She does not, however, deliver the famous numbers with the force (or tonal quality) of a great Broadway singer, which she is not.
                  Michelle Williams, lovely as she is, is the weak link in this big strong cast. She seems neither desperate nor outrageous nor self-mocking, as Sally Bowles needs to be, and even in her huge rendition of the show's title song, she seems to be trying too hard, too rehearsed, too controlled, too humorless.
                  More here - sorry it's a DM article.

Meanwhile The J continuing in his quest to not be the romantic lead - new promo shot for The Affair:

At least they're all trying new things, good for them.

Comment

• Hah. See, I read "trying new things," but I see 35-year-old Pacey on a beach in front of a lighthouse.

Comment

• And the magic must be gone for me because I'm just trying to figure out why they're all fully dressed except that one girl who's in a frigging nightie.

I love MW as much as anyone but I'm not shocked that she's getting mixed reviews. I've never heard of her doing anything music-related before and it's not like you can just decide to sing and it magically works. You have to have some natural ability. Unless you're Robert Sean Leonard in the Music Man and you're just going to talk all of your fucking songs, like WHY did you even sign on to DO IT, THEN? You're not Robert Preston! You can't get away with that shit!

It was over 10 years ago and I'm still bitter. I was poor and those tickets were expensive!
                      Last edited by roly; 04-28-2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Poor MW! It did sound like a really odd move for her, tbh.

That pormo pic just highlights how the premise for The Affair is not quite believable. 170 yr old vampires falling in love with teenagers? I can buy that. Werewolves, zombies, witches, zombires? Take my money.

A picture of two couples where *neither woman* is gawking at 35 year old Pacey in a henley on the beach in front of a lighthouse? Noooooooope.

Comment

• Yeah, Pacey is hotter than that other guy. He just IS.

Comment

• The other guy is McNulty from The Wire, right? He doesn't look AT ALL like himself in that pic, he looks more like Javier Bardem to me. Pacey, meanwhile, is on fire.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm rolling my eyes so hard at this show already. I wish he'd just signed on for the new season of an established cable drama.

Comment

• I loved The Wire, but McNulty was never hot. I am okay with the show even if it's stupid, if JJ is naked and sexing a lot, which I assume will happen. Even just some quality cupping of faces in his hands will get me by; I have other shows for my brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X