No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy I think was Pacey going for an extreme version of the a Joey he'd fancied in the first season but after her and post Joey... He went for a smorgasbord of sassy bitches and blonde good time girls. After they'd finished pretending Joey was cool because she kept bursting into song every 5 minutes (in clubs, with her mugger) Pacey reverted back to the airheads and Joey was very much characterised as 'brunette with brains'.

Although little Joey Potter was such a Mary Sue in the last seasons that she was all things to all people so her personality kind of blurred and the whole love story became problematic because it made no real sense. Let's be real, Pacey as characterised could have had anyone by the end and Joey was a vacuum that men loved in the absence of personality.

None of this takes away from my conviction that P/J had the greatest chemistry of any teen show before or since. (Sorry Dair fans)

I'm three glasses of wine down so am rambling #sorrynotsorry

Comment

• How many blondes were there, though? I almost forgot about the fling he had with spray-tanned Sarah Shahi.

Comment

• There was David Boreanz's wife, the one you said, Jennifer Morrison, woman he was chatting up at beginning of Castaways, implied that he got with Ali Larter, Audrey to an extent and the woman he was shagging at the beginning of the final episode. The brunettes he was paired with post Joey were unpleasant (the waitress), mental (Sherilynn Fenn) or generally a bad fit (Emma).

Comment

• Seasons 5 and 6 do not exist for me, it's better that way.

As for The J, I think I should hand in my badge as 3rd in command of the DK and The J fan club as the main reasons I like them is because they are so into each other, she's made him clean up his act and because they are pretty together. The downside is that they are domestic and boring. I could equally ship him with someone lively and fun or with whom he had great chemistry. Blond or brunette, don't care. Not keen on any return to skank-banging though.

DK I like and admire but I wouldn't follow her career if it weren't for him.

Comment

• Joey was a vacuum that men loved in the absence of personality
            But that's kinda men for you, no? Especially younger men! #sorrynotsorry

I don't mean to talk shit about my RL BFFs but I ran with a sassy girl crowd overall--but it was our meekest, smiliest, (frankly) blandest, blondest friend who had college boys lined up to talk to her every night we went out. I spent more than one night cracking a guy up, drinking him under the table, and having what I thought was a riot ONLY to have that guy turn to me and ask me for bland/blonde friend's phone number. And she spent the night laughing at my jokes and contributing almost nothing to the conversation.

All that said, Joey's character was constantly twisted and turned in order to please the barely-there D/J fan base and the ridiculous demands of the network as they insisted she be paired with whatever dude's career they were trying to launch.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• La Holmes on Fallon:

The dress is cute and navy reminds me of her Independence Dress.

And! Another structured dress made for an adult woman! Would've been so good with the hair down, but whatevs. Victory.
              Last edited by LaaLaa; 08-12-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• This is a good movie for her! Legit cast.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• A surprise to no one, KH's movie didn't do that hot. Her performance wasn't the most dissed, though. Also, I guess she and Posh are still pals post-Scieno dabbling, which is cute.

Comment

• New pics from this season's LV collection. I liked the ones from last season better when they gave her the red lips. These are nice too, though.

MDubs also gave KBell major props for trailblazing the no kid pics thing.

Kristen Bell is my idol. With a mother's love and an inventor's spirit and a hero's will, she single-handedly changed what my daughter and many other children face on a daily basis. -Michelle Williams

Comment

• Unf. She looks fantasgreat in minimalist structure. I wonder if she's working on anything or just taking a breather after Cabaret.

Comment

• Her skin is to die for, but that hair is throwing me off. I don't like.

Comment

• I love both.

She has the prettiest skin of any human I've seen in person, which is the creepiest thing I ever wrote.

Comment

• She was always the hawt one. She looks awesome there - I dig the hair.

Comment

• Toledo trying her hand at directing. Her career choices are totally random at this point. If this doesn't work out, maybe she'll try cinematography. Or sound editing. Or craft services. I fully expect everyone in this movie to talk in a baby voice.

Comment

• I'm trying not to crack up, because live your non-clam life, Toledo, but I'd take this slightly more seriously if she'd insisted on directing a cruddy (sorry, Ferryman) episode of DC.

She and Suri moved back to LA, I guess. (The giant house in Calabasas.) And she finally caved and got Suri a pup.
                                Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-13-2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X