No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy's insta is SO CUTE even if it's a bit much? She just seems like a great gal pal to have.

She also does these hilarious videos for Michaels that feature her competing against other celebs in craft-offs for Xmas. The one with Snoop Dogg is AMAZING.
    It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• She whaaaat? I must see!

MW using People to shout from the rooftops

Comment

• “I’m here with my best friend,” Williams, 36, says as she sips a glass of champagne at a screening of her film, sponsored by Louis Vuitton, and held at the Crosby Street Hotel in New York and on Sunday.

“I’m so in love with her,” she says, “She’s proof that the love of your life does not have to be a man! That’s the love of my life right there.”

Oh, man, I'm not saying that I want Busy's husband to die tragically so that she and Michelle can get marrieds forevs and raise their babiez together because that would be soooo wrong of me, and yet!

Comment

• Aww, Mdubs! You break my heart.
          It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• The one with Snoop showed up in my Facebook feed and I loved it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZ5NZs_uAE

Comment

• The Beek's new show sounds . . . well . . . different?

http://deadline.com/2017/01/what-wou...es-1201878143/

Viceland — a joint venture between Vice Media, which runs the cable channel, and A+E Networks — has ordered six episodes of What Would Diplo Do?, which Van Der Beek and Diplo executive produce alongside Diplo’s long-time manager Kevin Kusatsu and music video helmer Brandon Dermer. Van Der Beek will also serve as showrunner, Dermer will direct. The series is slated to premiere later in 2017.

In WWDD, described as “Louie meets WorldStar HipHop crossed with This Is Spinal Tap, Van Der Beek plays a fictional version of DJ superstar Diplo in a collection of parables about life as told through the eyes of guy who can bring 60,000 people to their feet… but kind of sucks one-on-one. “The show doesn’t take itself too serious but it’s not cynical,” Van Der Beek told Deadline.
              WWDD, which will be fully scripted with room for improv, stems from A Day in the Life, an online concert promo for Diplo’s Mad Decent Block Party starring Van Der Beek and produced by the same creative team, which was released last year. You can watch it below.

“I had that day free, I did a quick rewrite and found that it came easily,” Van Der Beek said about being approached to do the video. “It was fun and that was it, I never thought it would lead to a series.” But when Viceland approached Kusatsu with the idea, after an initial surprise, the auspices behind the video jumped at the chance. “It seamed like a really fun opportunity,” Van Der Beek said.
              Van Der Beek has played comedic versions of himself, most notably on the ABC series Don’t Trust the B— and on Funny or Die.

“I’ve enjoyed deconstructing my own image quite a bit over the years, but to have the chance to do it with a global megastar like Diplo who’s letting us to do something fun and ridiculous that few people have the balls to allow is crazy,” Van Der Beek said. “To get to work with this creative team within a Vicdland aesthetic is fun on a whole new level.” In addition to his collaborators on the series, Van Der Beek credits the top showrunners that he had worked with as an actor for showing him the ropes as he makes his debut as a series creator and showrunner. He is currently in the writers room for WWDD, with casting on the series set to begin shortly for a February production start.

WWDD is being shepherded by Viceland co-president Spike Jonze, an Oscar-winning filmmaker, who oversees the network’s programming slate. Viceland, TMWRK and Matador are the producers.
              Viceland

“When James was in the office a few weeks ago, he told me the story lines he had sketched out, they were, of course, funny; one even got me emotional which made it that much more funny. This idea has gotten inside James which makes me really excited to see what he makes and happy to have it on our channel,” Jonze said.

Viceland co-president Eddy Moretti indicated that the network, which launched with a slate of unscripted series, will be doing more scripted fare in the future. “I’m excited to have this show on the channel. It’s hilarious. It’s weird. James’ interpretation of Diplo is like a modern cipher into which we can read the whole of human existence…or not,” he said. “Having built the first incarnation of Viceland around the solid bedrock of our non-fiction shows, I’m really looking forward to experimenting with scripted shows in the future. It’s fun.”

What Would Diplo Do? was packaged for TV by Paradigm & TMWRK. Dawson’s Creek alum Van der Beek, who recently co-starred on the CBS drama CSI: Cyber, is repped by Paradigm. Diplo & Kusatsu are repped by TMWRK and Paradigm. Dermer is repped by 3 Arts & UTA.

I can't imagine being interested in Diplo, but I'll give JVDB props for driving the next phase of his career in a totes out-of-the-box direction.

Comment

• Van Der Beek plays a fictional version of DJ superstar Diplo in a collection of parables about life as told through the eyes of guy who can bring 60,000 people to their feet… but kind of sucks one-on-one.
                I can picture his resume saying he has a specialty in playing unlikable tools.

Comment

• Yes, I'd still run away with JJ in a heartbeat as well.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...dawsons-creek/
                  That time James Van Der Beek and Melissa McBride kissed on ‘Dawson’s Creek’

Thanks to Pop TV I’ve been re-watching Dawson’s Creek and, even though I’ve already seen the entire series 10 times, I always seem to find something new in each viewing.

This week, as I was watching season one, episode 9, entitled Road Trip, I kept rewinding one scene in particular, where Dawson meets a woman in a bar. I kept thinking that I knew who that actress was when, all of a sudden, it dawned on me: Holy Shit, It’s Carol!

Dawson’s love interest in the episode was played by none other than a younger, thick-maned Melissa McBride, who is better known to Walking Dead fans as Carol.

In the episode, Jen’s ex, Billy, brings Dawson and Pacey to a dive bar in Providence to hit on girls. This is where Dawson meets Nina (aka Melissa McBride) who suggests they go back to her place but Dawson turns her down because he’s not over Jen. That doesn’t deter Nina who tells him to call her if Jen “doesn’t come to her senses.”

Yeah, as I’m typing this I’m also wondering what I see in this show but I still love it, and I’d still run away with Joshua Jackson in a heartbeat.

This was definitely my favorite pop culture moment of the week, what was yours? Let us know in the comments below!

Comment

• Busy and Michelle! #goldenglobes

A photo posted by Michael Ausiello (@michaelausiello) on

TRUE LOVE.
                    Last edited by ophy; 01-08-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• UGH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

Comment

• They are so cute together and they both looked gorgeous.

Comment

• She looks great. But why is she wearing a shoelace round her neck?

Comment

• I don't like Michelle's dress at all but her face looks great. I love Busy's look. They are so cute together.
                            sigpic

Comment

• 13-year-old me thinks Michelle's dress is amazing. Current me is not so impressed. But she and Busy are the BESTEST EVER. I thought everybody looked pretty "meh" at the Globes, really.

Comment

• I like the idea of Busy's outfit, but the too-deep plunge with a little boob isn't working for me. Michelle is so beautiful, but that dress is such a no. Regardless, their love makes me happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X