No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMB that video! I have such sadness for the life that might have been. Whatever's wrong with the woman?

She's still sounding defensive and bitter if the translation of this part of the VF interview is accurate, implying her relationship with The J was toxic:

"It came at a very complex time and made me act out strong experiences. It is a road movie set in the American West, it tells the story of a woman who has the courage to escape from a life that no longer corresponds to what she wants, to find herself, rebuild and regain love. "

Do you recognize in this story?

"I hope that many women will recognize themselves. Giving up toxic relationships that have no reason to exist is a healthy gesture, though painful, that I recommend to all. "

Comment

• I have such sadness for the life that might have been. Whatever's wrong with the woman?
      Meh, the shattered dreams home isn't exclusively her fault. They started struggling while building it and then she blew it up in a moment of weakness and lost her shit for an entire year because The J cut her loose when he decided he was unwilling to fix whatever was broken. She plays at being tough and steely, but she's a little delicate butterfly inside and she's like ALL FEELS. Given the public image she's created for herself, she had no clue how to deal with losing the love of her life and along with him, all her hopes and dreams for the life she wanted with him while also trying to maintain like she was totes over it and fine, just fine. Plus, The J totally escaped any public criticism for The Munning because no one found out about it while she's officially a celeb HOOR now and OMG, that would make me rage.

Comment

• I am sure he is not innocent of all crime in this. I'm really just lamenting my own loss of enjoyment from their (seemingly perfect but obviously not) lifestyle. Indeed, I go back and forth on who/what to blame but, after all, relationships break down - that's life. What I can't forgive her for is this: did it have to be Reedus? Really?

Comment

• did it have to be Reedus? Really?
          Dude, I'm not even sure DK can forgive HERSELF for that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad life choice. If she ever recovers from all of this and gets some distance from it, she's gonna look back at this time and just effin' puke herself to sleep. If you hate yourself today, go search insta for Reedus' last shirtless pic with the lame heart tattoo and imagine you're DK and have to bang it out with that on the regular now because you're in a downward spiral of self-hate. I LEGIT would allow The J weekly appointments with Olivia Munn to avoid having skin to skin contact with Reedus, no lie.

Comment

• Given the public image she's created for herself, she had no clue how to deal with losing the love of her life and along with him, all her hopes and dreams for the life she wanted with him while also trying to maintain like she was totes over it and fine, just fine.
            That's so true, and it makes me wonder - her "brand" for so long was about the perfect couple that she and the J made, and I wonder if she's rushed into hanging on with Reedus because that's the brand she knows how to work.

Comment

• If I was GoGF1, I'd be all, "So listen...since you're not really using these now that your whole aesthetic is like Grim Reaper chic..." But I'm tacky, so whatever.
              Um, I might pretend like I actually support her traipsing around with the Mouse King if it got me a pair of them shoes.

The J got away with Munn Time because he had a lifetime of practice creepin' on his insignificant others and amateur DK was just Not Smooth in every way. But the idea that she maybe chose Reedus to make The J jealous enough to want to try again makes me beyond sad because she probably could've pulled that off with a male Munn. Now I imagine The J's "Sad Professor Cardigan Eating Rice" side is dead and has been replaced by
              Last edited by LaaLaa; 04-18-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• DK is back in LA and went out to dinner with Micah, Pilar, AND Mrs. Wes. She starts filming a new movie in May and she also has one of her movies in competition at Cannes so she should be pretty busy for the next couple of months which makes it surprising that she opted to go to LA vs. choosing to hang out with Reedus in Georgia while she has some time off. The fact that The J posted a super gorgeous homey Topanga pic with new peeps couldn't have anything to do with her LA trip, right? Please disabuse me of this. I can't link dinner pics yet, but will later.

I hope she goes to the Met Ball on Monday. She's never skipped two years in a row and I wanna see her in something fancy again. I'm tired of her funereal fashion choices and hope she wears a rainbow dress with a unicorn clutch.

Comment

• The fact that The J posted a super gorgeous homey Topanga pic with new peeps couldn't have anything to do with her LA trip, right? Please disabuse me of this.
                  No can do because I'd been wondering the same thing. I'm not at all sure it means anything though. They drive me nuts between them.

Comment

• I can totes admit that I'm making up entire back stories in my head. When The J posted about both French politics AND showed off his Topanga dinner party, I was all, "Aw, someone's missing a German fairy princess."

Comment

• I still can't help but be on the lookout for some signs of reconciliation and the 'likes' from their shared friends on his topanga post and then her turning up in LA, plus they both seemed slightly more upbeat in the last couple of posts did get me speculating but it could all just be nothing.

Comment

• His Topanga picture was life goals. So either he's genuinely happy and moved on and living great, or he's trying too hard to prove the former.

I will wish for a unicorn clutch. DK with freaky dress has been missing for too long.
                        Last edited by vanessa; 04-28-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• I still can't help but be on the lookout for some signs of reconciliation and the 'likes' from their shared friends on his topanga post and then her turning up in LA, plus they both seemed slightly more upbeat in the last couple of posts did get me speculating but it could all just be nothing.
                          I think if she ever deleted his pics from her insta and/or followed him back, I'd believe she was finally over it all and ready to move on. But they're all still just sitting there with all of their accompanying sweet captions about love and shit. Her private account is also still there and although she doesn't post on it anymore, you know it's chock full of pics of her and The J all loved up with that mean cat. And the pic count on that hasn't changed either, which means she hasn't deleted anything on it. And it's not like DK is a casual insta user. She polices her account quite strictly, deleting mean comments on her posts with quickness and regularity. You know SHE KNOWS all of his pics are still there. I just find it hard to believe that she wouldn't delete them if she wasn't still feeling some kinda feelings. At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that she's using Reedus as a crutch and allowing peeps to think they're seriously together when really, they're still just hook up friends while she waits to see if The J will change his mind about everything.

So ANYWAY, The Wesses don't even live in LA anymore. From what I can tell, they now live in Seattle and have for at least a year now. Mrs. Wes being at this dinner tells me maybe it was someone's birthday party or something and that's why both she and DK made the trip into town. It's not Micah's bday, that was a few months ago, but maybe it was Pilar's or another friend that didn't make it into the pics.

Comment

• they're still just hook up friends while she waits to see if The J will change his mind about everything.
                            Well, in view of her FB post titled 'closure' (though trying to work out what's going on from her SM is a thankless sport all in itself), the lack of likes from The J on any of her recent posts - even the ones about her movie being accepted at Cannes, the fact she's still liking posts about NR and The J is still liking posts by hot models AND that the house of broken dreams is still on the market, I'm going to again assume that that's not happening anytime soon. Maybe there was a get-together at Topanga and maybe not but, for me, she's continuing her weird downward spiral and I no longer have any faith they could make it work even if they did get back together. I'm not even looking forward to seeing her at the Met Ball if she's going to continue the grunge-athon she's had going on recently. Sad times.

Comment

• Now I don't know what to think! But so Reedus is in Georgia? Would he do Met Ball with her? Blergggg.

Comment

• I doubt he'll go but it's kind of a shame - the contrast from previous years would be tragi-comic. I bet The J is relieved he no longer has to attend.

Comment

Working...
                                X