No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIT, Phoebe Tonkin is on The Affair and The J has some real dirty scenes? GOD, WHY IS THAT SHOW SO TERRIBLE but brings Dirty J goodness? DAMMIT.

I might have to watch some more of that terrible, boring show.

Also, SERIOUSLY, what happened with DK & J because I would have bet money she was the hold out on babymaking.

ISSIE, EXPLAIN THIS TO ME LIKE I AM FIVE.
    6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Maybe she didn't want kids with the J but she's so madly in love with NR that she wants HIS babies.
      sigpic

Comment

• Also, SERIOUSLY, what happened with DK & J because I would have bet money she was the hold out on babymaking. ISSIE, EXPLAIN THIS TO ME LIKE I AM FIVE.
        I mean, I've always believed that DK and The J tried for years to have kids and they weren't successful. Nothing's changed my mind about that. If they did struggle like I think they did, it actually adds to the pile of reasons why they eventually broke up. It still kind of feels like their lives are a game of one upmanship at this point, even though that idea is totally my shipper bias coming in to play.

But look:

DK: I'm unhappy and you're to blame so I'm gonna cheat.
        The J: I'm staying unbothered, please work out your shit. J/K I wanna break up in 6 mos and leave you untethered and flailing.
        DK: Fine, I'm gonna jump into a relationship with the gross dude I cheated on you with.
        The J: 'K, I'll publicly date a train full of insta models.
        DK: I'll go be miserable in a movie and win at Cannes.
        The J: I'll publicly congratulate your ass and own your gross dude's weak sauce congratulatory insta post.
        DK: .....
        The J: I'll go be on Broadway and act like this is the most fulfilling experience of my entire life.
        DK: I'm having a baby with the gross dude I cheated on you with.
        The J:

Comment

• If thatís true it makes them both look bad and childish. If she is pregnant maybe itíll shift her focus and sheíll be less self-absorbed. Iím hoping theyíve both matured and have moved on.

Or possibly she really does just want to make a life with Reedus and maybe heís the Ďsafeí bet after all. They donít seem very passionate but who knows.

Iíve always thought The Jís Ďwax flowersí post was his final public kiss-off to her and the fact heís still not unfollowed her is to show heís not bothered. Someone on here once suggested maybe he had a change of heart about having kids. Could be. Even so, if she is having a baby, thereís no way he wonít be feeling it, especially if they did try for a long time.

Comment

• I don't remember anything about waxed flowers! I'll have to insta dive into his account later. But yeah, ITA that her having a baby with anyone else would bring about some wistful longing and/or the sads on his end.

And if there's a baby, I'm happy that she gets to fulfill that dream. I do hope it makes her less self-involved, but meh, tons of celebs have kids and happily continue to live inside their own asses so maybe it's not a requirement for motherhood as long as you have massive wealth and the resources to counteract your narcissism's effects on your babies. Obvs, it's not a concern for her, but I'd just mostly have REGERTS about bringing another human into this world who might be as hygiene-averse as Reedus. That's a whole lot of stank DNA that hers will have to fight against in the womb. Here's hoping that Chanel genes > BO genes.

Comment

• Iím also of the belief that they both wanted kids and it just didnít happen - whether that was due to schedules or biology or Olivia Munn, who knows? I think it was a perfect combo of frustration and boredom that created the massive dirt tornado DK is spinning in now. (If there is a baby, I hope it doesnít have Reedusí squint and her sharp features. Oof.)

In that Nat Geo special, The J was asking if he should bother having kids on this planet that humans are poisoning, but I still feel like becoming a dad was never not a part of his life plan. Wouldnít be surprised if his arc goes full-Cloon and he finds a beautiful genius at the very end of the nobodies train.

Comment

• Wouldn’t be surprised if his arc goes full-Cloon and he finds a beautiful genius at the very end of the nobodies train.
                I totally thought I replied to this and then realized I only replied to it in my head. Wevs. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him being non-committal for the next 5-10 years only to reach the brink of 50 and find his own Amal. Beautiful Genius is in her early 20s right now, probably in astronaut school.

Also, he went to some theater awards event the other night wearing too short pants, but looking nice in general. Maybe he knew I'd feel a Tux J void due to his banishment from the Met Ball so he decided to throw me these scraps. I will take them.

Comment

• Well, the play is ovah. Is that normal?

Comment

• It didnít sound like it from his post. I donít know if it was not pulling in the money they expected or what.

Comment

• They were originally supposed to run until September IIRC, but ticket sales were not good. It's a major bummer for him, but actually works out pretty nicely for his schedule. The Affair starts like a week or so after the play finishes so I'm guessing he'll run around a bit to do promotion for the show and then he'll have a nice break until they start shooting the next season. Well, that's if he's even still on the show next season. When he's done interviews lately, he didn't seem to have anything planned beyond the play. I'm not sure when The Affair starts shooting S5, but they usually start around June/July so I wasn't sure how he was gonna make that work if he was supposed to be on stage until the fall.

He's also gonna go back to Ninja J after the play wraps which will be zero fun.

Comment

• Maybe the paps will stalk him if Joshtonkin is a thing!

(I know, that is cray level of wishful thinking).

Comment

• I think Josh would happily bang Phoebe Tonkin. Who wouldn't? LOOK AT HER, FFS.

I'm also clinging to my RLTL fantasies that Josh and Katie are friend-texting for now but he's tryna to get up in there one last time. LOL
                          6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• As itís part of the teenís exam stress relief I am currently being *forced* to watch H2O Just Add Water. Phoebe must have been cast for her looks because my god she was a terrible actress back then. I trust sheís got better.

If theyíre not banging, theyíve had a taste of what it might be like at least. For those of us who donít want to or canít watch the series but appreciate The Jís art:

If I see any more good ones Iíll post them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IssieCol View Post
                              They were originally supposed to run until September IIRC, but ticket sales were not good. It's a major bummer for him, but actually works out pretty nicely for his schedule. The Affair starts like a week or so after the play finishes so I'm guessing he'll run around a bit to do promotion for the show and then he'll have a nice break until they start shooting the next season. Well, that's if he's even still on the show next season. When he's done interviews lately, he didn't seem to have anything planned beyond the play. I'm not sure when The Affair starts shooting S5, but they usually start around June/July so I wasn't sure how he was gonna make that work if he was supposed to be on stage until the fall.

He's also gonna go back to Ninja J after the play wraps which will be zero fun.
                              I don't think a season 5 has been ordered yet? But even if it happens... I share your thoughts as to whether he'd even be in it. He was barely in last season- I think he was in maybe 4 out of 10 episodes? And imdb only has him down for a couple in season 4 (though that could change, because imdb sometimes gets it wrong with its ahead-of-time information.) I know he said he didn't ever want to do the grind of 22-episodes a year again after DC and Fringe, so maybe it's liberating in that respect, and he's not hurting for money or anything... but I would think that there's a difference between liberating and being underused, which it feels like Cole was last season.

Comment

• Oh, I thought it had been renewed, but I could have hallucinated that. I don't even know if I watched all of his episodes last season. I have negative interest in Noah and it was all about him, so I checked out pretty early. You know, I'd always wondered if Sarah Treem was so defensive of Noah because she kind of modeled him after her own husband and it made her bristle to see everyone be all, "Noah's CANCELLED, NEXT!" And then I read that she was getting a divorce only a couple years after getting married and thought maybe there was some truth to my original theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X