No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, if you look really fast, that pic above could totally be DK and The J.

But it also confirms that she's not gonna be the astronaut model genius we're waiting for. The J couldn't even be bothered to put on a clean shirt and he's wearing the daddliest khakis of all time. It's like he's trying to look unfuckable and it's kinda working. Like, what even are those pants? Pro-tip for the bikini maker: The J wants to ride the struggle bus for any serious romantic partner. It's his most favorite thing. If you're gonna take fashion cues from 2010 DK, you might as well rule over the kingdom in the same way as she did during that era. But bonus points for the designer crossbody bag! That is vintage DK and shows you pay attention!

Comment

• He's looking GOOD.

http://www.laineygossip.com/joshua-j...-haircut/50204
      Last edited by genevieve; 07-02-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• He does look good. TY for sharing.

In other news, I am excited for Busy's book, Busy's new TV show (I won't watch it because I basically barely watch anything anymore since we cut our cable package? Like I get decision fatigue from all the streaming services and I just stare into space.
        It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• He finally got a haircut after the play and looks so much better! The Affair started a couple of weeks ago and I figured he'd do some promotion, but I haven't seen any interviews at all. Instead, he's in full on Woke J mode, protesting in Texas and encouraging people to donate to a suit charity. He did go to the premiere pictured above, presumably to support Tessa Thompson. I'm fully on the Tessa/Janelle believer bandwagon so I don't think this was him trying to shoot his shot.

Pics: Thanks FF!

I would wonder about him and Amber Heard, but I think she's dating someone new and I'm pretty sure she's gunning for billionaires instead of millionaires these days (not that there's anything wrong with that, get your paper, girl).

Comment

• He looks pretttttty next to Constance Wu, what about that for a pairing? I love woke J.

Comment

• Someone please reassure me this is NOT going to happen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/paceysdor...78084337340417

ETA Nevermind, I’ve already resigned myself that it will, just like everything else I once thought impossible. No matter that Jen is dead, or that we all thought The J would never agree to it. The list of wrong thinking is long. If they believe there’s money and mileage in it, they find a way. And we already know his plans for PJo. I’m growing to really dislike Kevin Williamson.
              Last edited by Laura; 07-20-2018, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• WOULD THEY FILM IT IN WILMY AGAIN???!!!

asking for a friend.

Comment

• I really can not imagine Toledo and The J wanting any part of this and if MW is out, Busy wouldn't want to do it. If it's just gonna be Jack, Andie, and Dawson with a hyped 5 second cameo of the only 2 people anyone cares about?

Comment

• Oh beek, I cannot deal with this news.

Comment

• If it's a reboot, then it'll probably be a new younger cast, set at Capeside High with Jack as their English teacher, and occasional drop ins by Andie and Deputy Doug. That would be my guess. No basic network can afford the core four on one show these days (even if they said yes . . . which they won't), so it would have to be cheap newbies.

Comment

• I LOLed at the thought of four-time Oscar-nominated MW even making a cameo on Dawson’s Creek: The New Class. I mean, it would follow Dawson’s little sister and Bessie’s kid, right?

Buffy’s getting a true reboot, btw, but that was already a reboot, so.

Comment

• Oh, I already know what this "reboot" would be! Dawson has to move home to care for his ailing mother (or some such shit) and he has a kid who falls for some other kid who lives up the creek or something. It's dumb and terrible and I'd watch it. I'd also watch a Buffy reboot.

I AM DESPERATE FOR MY WB-STYLE PROGRAMMING, PEOPLE.
                          It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• MW got married, y'all! But it wasn't to Busy!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ding-equal-pay

The one subject Williams won’t initially discuss is her private life. She’s got a relatively new someone—or new to the media, anyway—and I can tell she’s itching to mention him, the way people in love are. “I would tell you everything, in the spirit of women sharing with each other,” she says, but “the Internet’s an asshole.” A couple of weeks later, she changes her mind and decides to talk in the hope that doing so might “take some heat and confusion” out of the situation when it finally becomes public.

By the time you read this, she and her partner, singer-songwriter Phil Elverum, whom she met through a mutual friend, will have been married in a secret ceremony in the Adirondacks, witnessed by only a handful of friends and their two daughters.

Her new husband, an indie musician who records and performs under the name Mount Eerie (and, before that, the Microphones), also lost a partner in tragic circumstances while parenting a small child. His late wife, illustrator and musician Geneviève Castrée, was diagnosed with inoperable stage-4 pancreatic cancer in 2015, four months after the birth of their daughter, and the two very private artists went public with a GoFundMe page to help defray medical costs. Castrée died 13 months later, in July 2016, leaving Elverum with an 18-month-old daughter. In the past two years, he has released two raw, critically acclaimed albums, A Crow Looked at Me and Now Only, that unflinchingly explore grief, death, and the utility of art in the face of loss.

Williams calls her relationship with Elverum “very sacred and very special.” In July, he packed up his home in Anacortes, Washington, and drove across the country to live with her and their daughters in Brooklyn.

Well, if we were creating 'husband for MW' in a lab, that's pretty much exactly the sort of person we would have come up with?

A few days before she elopes, we talk again, and she says, simply, that in life and in love, she’s found the sense of expansiveness she’s long searched for. “This kind of freedom, it’s the thing that I look for. It’s been a theme in my life,” she says. “It’s the thing that I experience in Montana, the thing that I experience onstage, the thing that I get in my work in between ‘action’ and ‘cut.’ ” She pauses for a moment. “I’m free. I’m free.”

I'm really happy for her, this is awesome.

Love this from Busy, too:

“She’s not like a precious fucking flower that’s going to get crushed,” Philipps says. “That’s the thing that drives me a little bit crazy when people talk about her and write about her. She’s one of the strongest people I know—one of the toughest bitches around. She’s still here, she’s still working, and not only is she still working, she’s like the best there is.

ETA And he's just the appropriate amount of introspectively attractive that you would expect from an indie musician that MW might marry:

With Busy and Marc!

​​​​​​​

Last edited by ophy; 07-26-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I try to be happy for her but it's only two years since his first wife died! Really? It smells rebound to me.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I believe in this one. I want to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X