No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was pretty cringey and awkward for me. But I think it has potential to be cute. She's gotta find her groove.
    6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Yeah, I think Iím going to like it? It has the feeling of a wacky Mr. Rogers, but I want it to be either a little more serious or just straight up batty like At Home With Amy Sedaris.

Comment

• She had a cry off with KBell last night and it was truly enjoyable. I think Busy needs someone who's willing to play with her. I don't think she quite knows how to bring out that part of someone's personality. Like, if she had to interview a crabby crotch like DeNiro? It would be awkward as hell.

Comment

• DK had her baby and it's a girl. If she names it Romy, I will skip up my path of clairvoyance with about as much smugness as you would expect. Dlisted thinks the baby will one day bemoan the fact that The J could have been her dad instead and when that point comes around, I will be happy to refer her to Suri Cruise and help them start a support group.
          Last edited by IssieCol; 11-05-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if I hope the kid to look like NR or not.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mingus is beautiful but I guess he looks like Helena.

Comment

• We were kinda bashing Busy's hubs upthread and I have to say that reading Busy's book (I haven't gotten to the near-divorce shit yet, FYI)? Busy is... busy... with men. I don't judge that game AT ALL. But she's a prolific cheater. She cheated on everybody and bounced back and forth between the same guys for literal years on end. If that marriage ends, it will be because she can't stop herself from stepping out on him.

She cheated on Colin Hanks (who seemed to be a perfectly nice kid) with her high school boyfriend (who was a total jerk that went on to write Blades of Glory without her despite it being HER IDEA and promising her they' write it together--which is why she has a writing credit for it).

There's a running theme in the book that Busy is a "big" personality and needs a lot of attention and I've been reading it in very bite-sized pieces because ... I AGREE. She comes off as rather desperately needy in her own book (bless her honesty!), desperately in need of validation from boys. And just kinda insane when it comes to boys. It makes me feel very stable! /asshole.
                6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• I havenít started the book yet, but I have no problem believing any of that. The story she creates on Instagram is very much about how she is just a bit much for everybody else.

Comment

• I also felt bad for poor Colin Hanks but no one else, tbh, especially not the mooch. Besides, all these dudes mustíve known what they were getting into. Sheís BUSY. Iím not sure I wouldíve reacted the same way with the book-book, but some spots in the audiobook made me unexpectedly teary! Very inconvenient at work.

Comment

• The end revelations about her and Marc's marriage were interesting and SUPER glossed over. It does NOT sound healthy and I had no idea that he had been *engaged* to his current writing partner. There's a lot going on there!

Comment

• Oh, thatís not remotely messed up.

Comment

• I am listening to the audiobook, which may be a mistake because sheís really not good at the art of reading. Anyway, I am going to try to power through and listen to the whole thing, but already itíís making me super sad*. She seems like somebody that almost nobody is nice to, and thatís how she ended up being so BIG and funny.

(*And the two books I listened to before this was Moby Dick and Handmaidís Tale, and those didnít make me nearly as sad as this).

Comment

Working...
                          X