No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also think she picks emotionally distant guys as part of a pattern and I give her husband a lot of credit for delving into therapy and working to change.
    Oh yeah, her taste is for crap, and she seems just so doormat-ish with them. I still don’t like Marc much, though. Heh.

The thing with her mom is really weird and seems like some projection of her not liking herself, because you are right: her mom is incredible throughout the book. She is fierce in her support, and loving, and I just really like her. As someone who was lucky enough to have a great mom, I start from the other direction, but came away with the same conclusion: we’re either missing something or she is just being too hard on her for no good reason.

I love the stories where her BFFs suffer these horrifying losses and Busy is there to help them. I mean, she’s a mess and has terrible taste in men and etc., but she has had these lifelong amazing friendships with women, and that kinda makes up for the fact that every man in her life is shitty. I may just be a bitter old divorced lady, but I almost don’t care about men anymore aside from the sex thing, because female friendships are so much more deep and fulfilling.

Comment

• So I guess it is official about the J and JS?
      sigpic

Comment

• WHY ARE YOU VAGUE POSTING? This is not Facebook. COME WITH THE DEETS, SIS.
        6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• People mag to the rescue.
          Does Joshua Jackson has a new love interest in his life?
          6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
            WHY ARE YOU VAGUE POSTING? This is not Facebook. COME WITH THE DEETS, SIS.
            SORRY. It was just posted at the previous page and I was responding to that. I THOUGHT YOU SAW IT!
            sigpic

Comment

• It feels a lot more like he’s his natural self these days, doing stuff he believes in, free to enjoy life on his own terms. Even his current gf seems to make more sense. I’m not excited about his love life or his career at the moment but it all feels a lot more ‘right’ than it did in the DK years. That was a lot of the appeal of their pairing and lifestyle though, it all seemed so unlikely. Mind you, her current pairing makes zero sense but whatever. They’re still coordinating their PR (today’s story, like clockwork, she’s ‘counting her lucky stars’ she met Reedus), but hopefully everyone is happier and where they want to be now.

Comment

• Long interview with ‘Grams’. Some DC tidbits, though nothing earth-shattering:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mary-b...-the-good-wife

My take from this anecdote - 1. I thought the KH having Cruise “posters on her wall” was a thing TC’s camp made up but she really did have a crush, therefore she may well have been swept off her feet that he was interested in her. 2. She did know to some extent what she was getting into since she knew so much about him 3. She’s weird:

Peil also saw the seeds of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise’s relationship, long before they became a couple in 2005. One day on set, just after the release of movie Cold Mountain (2003), Peil, Holmes (who played Joey Potter), Williams, and “a woman hired to play Grams’ daughter,” were having their make-up and hair done.

“Something came up about Cold Mountain,” Peil said. “I said, ‘The thing is, Renée Zellweger is a wonderful actress. What has she done to her face?’ When that first movie she did came out about the sports guy she was a normal person and so disarming. Somebody said, ‘Jerry Maguire.’ ‘Yeah, yeah,’ I said. Looking in the mirror, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Katie make the motion for me to ‘zip it.’

“So I stopped talking. Nobody said anything. When the woman who was the guest actor was finished with her make-up, she left the trailer. The minute she did, all the others attacked me for talking about Tom Cruise.

“The woman had been Mimi Rogers, Cruise's first wife (who played Helen Lindley in the sixth and final season of Dawson’s; Mel Harris had played her in season 3). Then Katie launched into a big spiel about Tom Cruise being married to Mimi Rogers, Scientology, Nicole Kidman… She knew everything about him. She said, ‘I have had a crush on him since I was 15, and his posters were on the walls of my bedroom.’ She could not stop talking about Tom Cruise. This was way before they got together, but she was certainly ready for him.”
                Jen and Grams :

Peil and Williams were close from the very beginning. “She was so hard on herself. She’s such a truth-sniffer. She would just beat herself up if she felt a scene was not good enough. I would have to take her into the corner and give her a pep talk. I would say, ‘You’ve got to trust yourself. You’re beautiful and honest. Don't worry about it.’ I built trust with her. She eventually started trusting me, and believing me that she was really good.”

So, in real life was Peil a version of Grams to Williams?

“Yes, though part of Grams was the opposite of what I was. I told Michelle to believe in herself. She is still hard on herself. It’s in her nature. She’s a perfectionist.”
                The J was a ‘party boy’. Nuff said:

Were the young stars precocious or a nightmare?

“They were lovely. They were scared like everybody was scared. Josh was the only one who had done film work. Katie had never done anything. Michelle had done things but was so young. James was very sweet and naïve. We were all naïve. The producers said to me, ‘You can help these kids.’ But I had only done one Law & Order! I thought, ‘Josh and Michelle have done more than me!'”

While Peil was closest to Williams on set, the young people didn’t all hang out together. “Everyone found their way. They all had the chance to be grown-ups for the first time, and we were in the middle of nowhere. We weren’t shooting in New York City or L.A. Had we been those kids would have had a much more different personal journey. We were in this little town.

“They did hang out together, but they also found their own people. It was not really like how it was on screen, it was not how you may think. Fame changed them a little. There were probably times they would get impatient. For all of us, there was a danger of taking it for granted when the show took off.”

When it came to the young cast, “I don’t think any of them were really close,” said Peil. “They worked so hard, five days a week, dawn to dusk. Josh was a party boy, but not the rest of them. In the last season when Busy (Philipps) joined the show, she and Michelle became such close friends. It was like love at first sight for both of them. It was quite beautiful for Michelle to have somebody.”

Peil has stayed in touch with Van Der Beek and Williams. The two women are not “in daily contact,” she said, but whenever they speak their close connection is immediately reactivated.
                No one ever mentions KH and The J having any particular bond but they did hang out, right? And he said she was “one of his best friends”. Also, there was the London visit. Maybe not as close as I thought though.

MW and Busy, AKA the true love story of the Creek, “love at first sight”. Opposites attract and all that.

Comment

• In the last season when Busy (Philipps) joined the show, she and Michelle became such close friends. It was like love at first sight for both of them. It was quite beautiful for Michelle to have somebody.

Comment

• (waits for Is to talk about Deluxe)

Comment

• Originally posted by LaaLaa View Post
                      (waits for Is to talk about Deluxe)
                      Seconded.

Good article, though. I'd forgoten Mimi Rogers was on that show!
                      sigpic

Comment

• OMG that Mimi Rogers anecdote is delightful!

What am I supposed to say about Deluxe? The J was at the next table and kind of a ring leader party boy.

Comment

• Was it The Deluxe where The J pulled up his shirt outside and pressed his nips against the glass or am I thinking of someone/somewhere else?

There's no Deluxe anymore. Sad!

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...sudden-closing

No Firebellys either.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/artic.../605048907/WM/

If the cast came back to Wilmy for a reunion, I don't think they'd recognize the place that much to be honest.

Comment

• Laura was wondering if KH and The J were maybe not that close and I got triggered! Hah! I thought Deluxe was where they had post-work friendo dates while she was with CK1? But my brain is mommed out now and I’m starting to forget everything, real and TV-related.

Comment

• You're right! They were known to have dinner together on their own.

You'll be happy to know that Katie and Josh are friendly since the DC reunion:
                              James [Van Der Beek], Josh [Jackson], Katie [Holmes], we’re all in a group text,” she said of her former costars. “We reconnected and now we have a group text going again, so that’s been nice.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...-katie-holmes/

Comment

• ARRRRGH. Why on earth would stupid hackers bother looking for boring celebrity newds when they could be hacking into the DC CAST's GROUP TEXT instead holy hell. DO US A FAVOR, HACKERS OF THE WORLD.

Comment

Working...
                                X