No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blegh. I know I am the only one here but I don't get open relationships at all.
    sigpic

Comment

• Iím all for live-and-let-live so people can do as they like as long as all involved are happy. But Iím old fashioned and Dirty J has always been a turnoff for me. I like monogamists, what can you do.
      Last edited by Laura; 06-24-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• I'm torn. The older I get the more live-and-let-live I get, but the older The J gets the more I side-eye The Dirtay, so . . . but the biological truth is that he still has a decade or so left to Clooney it up before finding his Amal and having twins because Biology Favors The Dude.

Kinda funny that 20 yrs later, out of the Core Four, only The Beek is doing the traditional domestic bliss thing. Toledo is mired in some wackadoo weirdness with a guy who acts single when he wants to be, MW is sadly bouncing from one tragic Brooklyn hipster to another, The J is playing dirrtay as per usual, and JVDB is off raising an army of tow headed tots with his mother earth goddess.

Oh, and then there's Busy. She's doing all right.

Comment

• I also never would have pegged Busy for the traditional life, but she might be living the MOST traditional life out of all of them. Married in her 20s, still married to the same dude now, has 2 kids, I mean she's basically me? She might have even graduated from college, although I'm not sure if she finished.

I think everyone here knows I am not about that dirtay life for The J. Domesticity Now is my one true campaign. With each additional nobody, my face comes closer and closer to this kid's.

Comment

• I have been on a number of dates with the open marriage or polyamory types, and at least in my age range, in my city, they are universally trouble. In denial about who they really love, wanting the best of both worlds without paying any price for it, having a mid-life freak out, itís all there. It is amusing to watch if itís a celebrity, but not for anybody I care about.

As to Busy, itís traditional, but after reading her book I have been paying a lot of attention to her stories and I just donít think she and Mark are happy, no matter what she says about him doing the work to be better.

I predict Beek leaves Mrs Beek for a 25 year old at some point.

(Um, apparently I do not believe in love today. Sorry to be a buzzkill).

Comment

• I predict Beek leaves Mrs Beek for a 25 year old at some point.

Dayum, girl. That's cold!

Comment

• OBVIOUSLY, I am very into The Return of the Dirty J! I'm DELIGHTED by the civilian he banged (and he got a Chateau Marmont sweatshirt for on their way to the airport -- what a great guy to hook up with!). I LOVE everything about those pics, including how nice he is when he drops a random bang off at the airport. GOD BLESS HIM.

Also, I'm very interested in Busy and Marc's insta subtext. I think he *has* done the work, but I don't think she cares? She's extra forever. She's gonna burn it down at some point. It's amazing to me she hasn't done it yet.

However, I think Beek might be too sanctimonious to ever leave? Not that he's 100 percent faithful but he would prefer it be on the down low.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• OH, and I have a (slightly) alternative theory to the open relationship. I think Jodie is bisexual and they engage with other women regularly and he was maybe dropping Jodie's new toy off at the airport. I think Josh would be super into that scene and think it's all very modern, etc.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Busy is how I learned the word extra. As an old, I was struggling with how to use it correctly, but ďBusy is extraĒ is the example that teaches me. And yes, she will burn it all down. I cannot point to a single thing she has said or done that makes me think that, though throwing a 40th birthday party as a marriage to herself has got to be some kind of sign.

I believe the Jodie bi theory can be Tru Enuf, though if true it kinda makes Josh seem like a kinda lame old guy who has a much cooler younger girlfriend. The airport run may fit into that, since you would in that case ask the old guy to make sure she gets on her flight okay.

Comment

• To sum up, heís now a dirty old man but still always a gentleman. Cooks them all breakfast no doubt.

Comment

• Marrying yourself on your 40th birthday when you're already married?

Yeah. That's extra.

Comment

• Whoa! Jodie and The Jís instas today are not shy! None of that Jamie Foxx shit over there.

Comment

• Interesting in the wake of the paparazzi at the airport!

Comment

• One of the comments was like ďYass, claim your man!Ē so maybe the airport chick was the last round of them playing relationship chicken.

Comment

• OMG Jodie's insta story is a Dawson's Creek poster focusing on Josh. This is the content I am here for.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X