No announcement yet.

The Core Four (and more): The Post-Creek Gossip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ”I was always pretty dubious about flatterers,” he says, recalling a time he was stung in London in the mid-2000s. “I went on a date in Hyde Park with a woman whose name I will not use – she was socialite-famous – and she was acting completely bizarre, looking over her shoulder the whole time. I came to find out that she had hired a photographer to follow us through the park and gave a whole story to the tabloids about how I was going to meet her family
    I feel like we need to know who this was.

Comment

• Looking goooood:

“This girl was like, ‘Are you...?’ And I’m like, ‘Yes, I am. He got old. I’m sorry to break it to you,’” he says, before ordering an iced tea and a charcuterie board to tide him over until dinner time. “It always surprises me when young people say they’ve just got into Dawson’s Creek. I’m like, ‘Is it a costume drama to you? Do you feel like you’re watching a historical documentary?’”

. . .

“I don’t know why you’d want to [bring it back],” he says. “Nobody needs to know what those characters are doing in middle age. We left them in a nice place. Nobody needs to see that Pacey’s back hurts. I don’t think we need that update.”
      I agree with The J entirely! I recently revisited Escape From With Island because reasons* after not having watched an ep in over ten years and I was like . . .. unlike The J himself, This show? did not? age well? I do not need any updates or revivals of this.

* reasons being that I had mis-remembered (big surprise!) the location of the scary witch chapel they filmed at. I thought it was Lebanon Chapel in Airlie Gardens but it was NOT, and the interwebz told me it was Orton Chapel, but that does not appear to be true either. Maybe the scenery people just built it from scratch?)

This is the cutest:

“My father unfortunately was not a good father or a husband and exited the scene, but that house in Topanga was where everything felt simple, so it was a very healing thing for me to do,” he says. Fast-forward to 2021 and his baby daughter now sleeps in her father’s childhood bedroom. “There was a mural of a dragon on the wall in that room that I couldn’t believe was still there, years later. The owner [who sold him the house] said, ‘I knew it meant a lot to somebody and that they were going to come back for it some day.’”

Comment

• Wow. He does look good.
        sigpic

Comment

• ​​​​
          He agrees with me:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1913795.html

For someone who is often the comic relief in things, or responsible for the levity in otherwise dramatic projects, how come he’s never been in anything out-and-out comic? He doesn’t get it either. He remembers shocking Reese Witherspoon on the set of Little Fires Everywhere when he told her he’d never made an actual comedy movie. And, no, their 1999 film Cruel Intentions – in which he played an outrageously camp pawn in a game of sordid prep-school blackmail – doesn’t count.

“Still to this day some of the best dialogue I have ever been given the opportunity to say,” he says, “but, you know, that’s a dark movie! He’s funny, what he’s saying is hysterical, but it’s dark. I don’t know why I always tend to end up in that place. So I need to get over myself and just have a laugh for once. It’d be a nice palate cleanser, just a straight romantic comedy.”
          Make.It.Happen.

Comment

• God, he needs to do a rom-com pronto. I would watch the hell out of that.

I've been pandemic-watching The Creek for the last few months and a few things struck me (a) there were various points in season one where Dawson was NOT totally insufferable (before he became obsessed with Jen's Dark Past and then Saw Joey in a New Light and (b) Season One has you thinking that the plan was always to put PJ together - so much flirtation! but we know that the S3 plot was basically a last minute Hail Mary to save the show so there was no strategy behind it whatsoever..

Comment

• Um, yep, adding my support for joining a project that isn’t murder-y.

The caption for the DC photo in that article is “Rowboats and abstinence” which has to be the translated title somewhere in the world, right?

Comment

• ”I was always pretty dubious about flatterers,” he says, recalling a time he was stung in London in the mid-2000s. “I went on a date in Hyde Park with a woman whose name I will not use – she was socialite-famous – and she was acting completely bizarre, looking over her shoulder the whole time. I came to find out that she had hired a photographer to follow us through the park and gave a whole story to the tabloids about how I was going to meet her family

I feel like we need to know who this was.
                Wasn't this the milliner? Hannah something with the ratty bleached hair? Also, I tracked DK and The J's daily moves for the better part of a decade and there's no way ALL of those trips to Gelson's just happened to be caught by paps.

God, he needs to do a rom-com pronto. I would watch the hell out of that.
                Even if he did a dark comedy like Dead to Me, that would work! He could totally play James Marsden's part on that show. I have not felt like watching Dr. Death at all and don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I skipped the last 2 seasons of The Affair and never have any desire to watch it now.

Other Creekers were at NYFW yesterday. I always feel like Busy and Michelle think adult Katie is super weird, but maybe that's just me projecting because I think she's super weird.

Comment

• Maybe they saw this look

Katie Holmes debuted one of her most daring outfits during New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2022. See a photo of her new look.

Comment

• Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Busy and Michelle shit talk about the other Creekers. All the historical tea they must know!

Ha! Jodie . . .

Comment

• Josh's London girl was definitely some handbag or hat designer.

That NYFW thing was super odd. They didn't appear to interact at all and didn't even take a selfie for the fans. Kinda strange!
                      It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hannah Sandling!

Comment

Working...
                        X