No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is HORRIFIC. I do not think this kind of crazy has always been around. Like, the little girls who love so much and scream 'til they cry? That's been tradition since The Beatles and Elvis. Trying to influence your idol's behavior by collectively horrifying him? That's new.

Comment

• Also, when did cutting become a thing? It's like in the last 15 years anorexia was not enough self-abuse and girls had to up the ante on themselves to extreme levels. It makes me super sad! I feel like I never heard about it at all until the Internet was in everybody's house. Why is self-abuse evolving that way? It's super unsettling.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Apparently it was a hoax but still - who the hell thinks like that?
        Then you get the ones who see it and go "Yeah, that makes sense."

I don't think I was ever that teenage idol crazy. Most I ever did was posters on the wall. And Wilmy.

And Laa - my mother said she saw the screaming idiots during a Frank Sinatra concert in Detroit when he was first starting out, well before Elvis or the Beatles.

Comment

• More details on the Haylor split:

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...olish-now.html

Now, sources confirm when Swift recently tweeted "'til you put me down" -- a telling lyric from her hit "I Knew You Were Trouble" -- it was indeed a cryptic breakup announcement. While the tweet may imply that Swift was the wronged party, sources from the One Direction camp say that Styles is pretty broken up about it all.

"They are both really busy and never in one place for long. Harry's really upset about the split and is really sensitive about it," a source close to Styles tells L&S. "Loads of his friends told him to be careful and that it was never going to last, and he feels a little foolish now that it's fallen apart so quickly."

Luckily, neither of the celebs will have much time to mourn the split. One Direction heads out on tour in February, and Swift's Red tour begins shortly after.
          Yeah.

I'll bet there is joyous celebrating all over the Haylor tag on tumblr.

Comment

• Did we know that RDJ had such a cute baby?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/r...test-baby-ever

Comment

• Of course, he'd make pretty babies!

But am I the only one who worries about poor Indio, born to Downey during his earlier attempt at clean and sober living (that failed spectacularly)?
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                The pic of Harry in the hot tub with Richard Branson is hysterical. He looks like innocence about to be corrupted.
                I can't think of a young male celebrity who is less of a corrupted innocent. Two years ago when One Direction were on our X Factor, he whispered "think how much pussy you're going to get" into the ear of the winner while he was live on TV about to sing his winner's single.

I've also lost count of the number of blind items there have been about Harry and Nick Grimshaw. I think Harry does it on purpose to wind up Simon Cowell.
                Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I haven't seen any of the PCA fashion yet because the dude was watching 8 million recorded things, but I did catch Lea Michele's hair for a split second.

And it looked 10x worse on stage. So frizzy and full of no.

Comment

• Ugh. It looks like she got it done at an 11-year old's sleepover.

Comment

• Haven't read the whole article yet, but the first few pages have been a fascinating read.

'Here is what happens when you cast Lindsey Lohan in your movie'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/ma...=tw-share&_r=0

Lohan laughed and wiped tears from her eyes. She explained that she missed the meeting at Prettybird because she had been discussing the script with Nolan Funk until 3 a.m. and then took a sleeping pill. Schrader laid down the law: one more meltdown, and she was gone. If she thought she was unhirable now, wait until he threw her off a microbudget.

Schrader thought Lohan’s weakness wasn’t drugs** — although he counseled her on the math of when to take sleep aids — but fear of being alone. She needed people and chaos around her 24/7. The idea of being by herself scared the hell out of her.
                      ETA this comment on the article is dead-on:
                      This is one of the most entertaining articles I have ever read. No doubt if they would have shot a "docudrama" of the making of the "The Canyons" movie as depicted in this article, then that docudrama would have been a great hit, most likely a bigger hit than the movie itself.
                      The movie itself, 'The Canyon', sounds awful. But the 'making of' would be FABULOUS.
                      Last edited by ophy; 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• This probably isn't celebrity news for you Americans (am pretty sure McFly were only famous in the UK) but here is the lead singer of McFly (mid 00s One Direction) making his wedding speech

Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I have no idea who that is . . . . but are groom speeches a thing in the UK? I don't think they are a thing here.

That was a very cute way to handle it. And catchy, too!

Comment

• Oh, got distracted by that cutie-pie's wedding song, and forgot why I came in here.

Ryan Gosling schools Conan via an audience member: http://onlymystories.tumblr.com/post...f-the-audience

ETA linda- was that 'it's all about you' at the end taken from one of their hits? It sounded familiar. Oh, and now I wish I had married a boy bander. One of the non-gay ones. I married an opera singer who didn't even sing to me at our wedding. *pout*
                            Last edited by ophy; 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• This is so wrong: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/k...rait-has-arriv

Kate Middleton's official royal portrait, and it makes her look 45.

I think this should be considered a treasonable offense. Off with his head!

Comment

• I'm not against showing wrinkles and whatnot but it looks like it was done to imitate a photo taken of her in the harshest possible lighting if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X