No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds more like he gave her a promise bracelet.
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• BWAH @ Nicole not getting an Oscar nod.
      Bitter Shipper

Comment

• My jaw dropped when I saw that this morning. She was the only one of the three not to get a nomination. Even more shocking was that Cold Mountain didn't get a Best Picture nomination. You know the Brothers Weinstein are eating platefuls of bitterness today and that makes my heart happy.

I am surprised that Scarlett didn't get nominated for either of her movies. I would have put money on her getting at least one nomination. I was excited to see Keisha Castle Hughes get nominated for Whale Rider, though. I loved that movie and she's fantastic in it. Naomi Watts's nomination surprised me a little bit too, since she got left out of the Golden Globes.

I think this is one of the first times when I've been surprised by how many differences there are between Oscar and GG nominatons.

Oh, and yay for Johnny Depp getting a nom for PotC. The Academy hardly ever gives out recognition for comedic performances so that was a big surprise.

Comment

• More hate for Nic's dress.

Comment

• I'm quite gleeful at the dissing of both Nicole and Cold Mountain in the Best Picture category. My Weinstein-hatin' heart is so proud!

If only Renee could have been overlooked too. But I guess you can't have everything.

And I second the yay for Johnny Depp!

Comment

• How did it ever get to the point where just because Kidman made a movie (or three) one year, it's more expected than not that she'll be nominated for awards? Renee is fast becoming the same.

Comment

• No nom for Astin?

Much as I love Johnny, I think his nom is ridiculous and slightly insulting given the quality stuff he's done that they've ignored.

You know the Brothers Weinstein are eating platefuls of bitterness today and that makes my heart happy.
                Mine too. I will hate them forevah for inflicting Gwyneth on us. And Shakespeare in Love was so fucking overrated.

Comment

• Ooh, speaking of GP, no nom for Gwyneth? But her daddy died and she's pregnant!

Comment

• Bachelor Bob has apparently found true love with ABC soap actress Rebecca Budig.
                    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Oh God, please let that not be true. I loved Greenlee when I used to watch All My Children. What is this Power of Bob of which some speak?

Comment

• The celeb stalking is kerrazy here! Our local news stations are reporting on who's staying where, where they're eating and where they're shopping. Houston has zero clue about how to deal with celebs and I love that about us! Hee! We have no line as a city, yo. Cameron Diaz and J. Lo were spotted at the Galleria shopping mall and they announced it on the radio! BWAH!

So of course people left work and flocked over there to, I don't know what. How do you even strategize when it comes to randomly bumping into famous people while they shop? And the Galleria is HUGE!

Now, people ae just camping out at the Galleria and cell-phoning each other if they happen to spot someone famous. This one local guy pretended to be a rap star and just started signing autographs for the hell of it. And Madonna was at a Galleria Starbucks (supposedly) and people stood outside to watch while she ordered coffee.

Also, our news stations reported that Brad and Jen picked up some other couples' tab while they were out eating at a swanky restaurant. And while that was very cool of them, people are acting like they're Mr. and Mrs. Jesus Christ!
                        Last edited by IssieCol; 01-29-2004, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Rumor has it that Gwynnie is coming back to the states to have her little one because Madonna todl her to not to go the British hospitals.

Weirdly, she's not going to a US hospital; she's having the baby at her mom's house.

Gwynnie seems like a nutcase to me and not because she's going the midwife route.

She's just always seemed like a neurotic asshole. I've hated her since she was guest "editor" for Marie Claire! She spent a weekend on a beach -- alone -- and was transformed by the experience! She'd never been so isolated before! She had DEEP THOUGHTS.

And she'd never been without a boyfriend until Brad dumped her.
                          Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• OMG. I thought Jackson couldn't get any stranger but now that new Vanity Fair article is coming out in the March issue with tons of detail.
                            Michael Jackson plied children with Coke cans full of "Jesus juice" (for white wine) and "Jesus blood" (for red) and quaffed enough of the stuff himself to get snockered on an airplane ride.
                            More.

Comment

• I bet any money Gwynnie gives birth on US soil so that if ever her marriage breaks up, and she can get the kid/s back to the States (if she's elsewhere when they split), he'll never legally be able to get them back out, being US citizens first and foremost. Regardless of who would be the better custodial parent. Not that celeb marriages don't last or anything!

Comment

• Wouldn't the kid be a U.S. citizen anyway? Or would it be one of those delios where the kid has to choose when s/he reaches 18?

Comment

Working...
                                X