No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, yeah. Children of the whatever indoctrinated children with inappropriate sexual behavior. He was totally haunted by that, for sure.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK 1970s/80s parents!? There is seriously a cultural essay or study in here related to the (lack of) value placed on children during that era! I mean, most kids I knew had close to zero supervision back then (which made for a lot of self-reliance) and I know people are over-protective today but it's a direct response to the neglect most GenXers experienced, IMO.

I get that it's easier to make a list of people who had bad things happen than good (because who's keeping track of them?) but still! It's a LONG list of children who were abused due to a lack of oversight by their parents when I was a kid.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• and I know people are over-protective today but it's a direct response to the neglect most GenXers experienced, IMO.
      We *are* crazy overprotective now and you are right about the reason, but I'd faaaaar rather err on that side than the other!

There is not one minute of the day where my kids don't have a trusted adult within earshot. I was a latchkey kid, so I know what kinds of shit kids get up to when that is not the case. *shudder*

<----- remembers finding a bottle of triple sec under the sink at a neighbor's house and pouring it all over my sno cone.

Comment

• Due to my father profession he was extremely overprotective when I was a child, had many rules which seemed crazy but in retrospect made my life a pretty safe haven and I'm ever so grateful. Many friends and a few relatives have awful stories of friends of older brothers and random family friends being way to friendly not to mention having to navigating real world without the current world view. Children of the past really were at the mercy of adults with very few safety nets in place.

Comment

• Yeah, Mr. Is and I joke about our friends and family members and the uptight parenting styles in effect today (and there's a lot of hand-wringing about how this generation will be very dependent and not as strong a problem solvers as their parents) but you're right: if the alternative is latchkey and zero supervision? Go with an over-protective style!

I mean, in lots of ways it weirds me out that kids today seem so childlike for so long. They are kinda raised like veal. I mean, I know girls in their 20s who never read questionable or inappropriate material for their age and that makes me sad for them. Heh. But they are totally solid peeps all the same!
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Ha! Greek parents were always over-protective. OMG, you would laugh at us. I swear, mr. dada's mother still worries if he'll get out without a coat.
            sigpic

Comment

• Okay, now I'm really sad that the Coreys never had anyone to chase them down with a coat the way I do with my kids.

*sob*

Those poor babies!

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                Okay, now I'm really sad that the Coreys never had anyone to chase them down with a coat the way I do with my kids.

*sob*

Those poor babies!
                I know I don't even want to think about what they went through.
                sigpic

Comment

• I don't even know where to put this but it's my favorite thing I've seen all day. Clear eyes, full hearts!
                  I missed this somehow, but AWWW. And they invited new dude even though he didn't really act with them all that much. But why no Riggins? Or Lavon Hayes for that matter since he's on HoD with Scott Porter.

In other reunion news, I LOVE that the Pants Sisterhood are for real besties and that they do all kinds of things together! And that the husbands are friends, even though they probably do shun VK a little bit.

Comment

• I've never seen that movie and I think Blake Lively's existence is a total mystery but I find that whole thing adorbs.

Comment

• They are so cute as a group it kills me.

Comment

• Everything is said!

And I REALLY want to see David Cross and Ryan Reynolds do a buddy cop comedy now.

Comment

• Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr are getting a divorce.

http://www.etonline.com/gallery/1382...013/index.html

2013 has been a TERRIBLE celeb couple year, for reals.

Comment

• Oh noes! That wasn't very long, huh? Their little one remains adorable.

Comment

• So sad for their baby boy but this had been rumoured for a while, so not very surprising really.

Comment

• The Coreys remain one of my very favorite subjects. Watching CF's swashbuckler reality show wedding to his fan club president remains probably my greatest reality show moment evah. I can't hate on him though, for the coat-chasing reason above. His reality is just so warped. Why can't Drew Barrymore swoop in and help him?

My parents were way overprotective when I was out in the world but it quite literally kept me alive on one occasion that ended in murder by a serial killer/rapist for the person I was supposed to be with. Now that I'm an OLD I look at these preteens and teens and they just look like babies to me. When I think of some of the crap I got into from even a young age... I don't even know how I'm going to let my kid go outside to play.
                                Last edited by NeoMaxy; 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM.
                                "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

Working...
                                X