No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The outrage over this just kills me. You'd think people in this country had never seen boobs on TV before.

Comment

• I can't imagine anything more annoying than wearing a big-ass sun over my nip!
      Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I don't consider myself a prude by any means. And my problem with the halftime show isn't about seeing Janet Jackson's boobie- it's about the blatant act of agression that thousands of young boys witnessed. How many kids are going to think it's now cool to rip away at a girls clothing?

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's the parents job to monitor what their kids watch- not the job of the TV Networks to make sure our kids only see wholesome images (or whatever else the censorship types are looking for). However, in this case- parents are letting kids of all ages watch the Super Bowl under, what we thought was, a pretty safe assumption that the "worst" that was going to be seen was an obnoxious beer ad. Before it even registered that she was exposed, the first thought that went through my mind was that JT "attacked" Janet Jackson. The disrespect shown toward women,in my opinion, was far worse then any kind of nudity that was seen.

Comment

• bruce- you have a valid point, but my response to that (as a fellow parent) is that it is my responsibility not just to monitor what my kids watch, but to also discuss anything controversial/against our beliefs/etc images that they may happen to see. And I'm willing to bet that at least 90% of the people who are calling in to CBS are complaining about the boob, not about the disrespect of women.

But believe me, I totally get where you're coming from. I am and have always been Miss Free Speech, but I have been known on occasion to be horrified at things that were broadcast on the radio where my child could hear them while driving in the car with me. And I don't mean shock jocks or anything like that, but commercials where you have no warning of what's coming.

Comment

• Snickerdoodle-

I am in complete agreement with you that it is our responsibility as parents to discuss things that are controversial/against our beliefs, etc... We can't raise our kids in a bubble, and they are going to be exposed to things that we don't like. But, unfortunately I don't think that we represent a large enough percentage of the population. And how said is it that you are probably right that most of the complaints are probably about the exposed boob and not the action itself?

And now- I think I'm officially over this as a topic and would like to move onto something a little more light and cheesey.

Comment

• Can we talk about Justin's blaccent then? Because it bugs, OrlandoBoy! I swear his descent into David Silver is now complete. Molester-stache included. Isn't he originally from Tennessee and then moved to Orlando to do the Mouseketeer show? Um, yeah. Street cred, yo!

I saw some interview with Christina A. not too long ago and I was struck by the fact that she's completely stopped (at least in that interview) using her blaccent/pseudo-Hispanic accent. And the interview was all about how she's trying to be taken more seriously and has removed the majority of her piercings as well. BWAH.
              "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Latest in the too skinny actress to get pregnant department: Helen Hunt.
                Apparently she's due in the summer.
                I always liked her ex (Hank Azaria) more than I liked her.

Comment

• Who's the daddy?
                  "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Matthew Carnahan, whoever he is.
                    Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Oh my BEEK! Have you seen the post-pregnancy pics of Kate Hudson. Girl is HUGE. She looks like she's in Gwyneth's fat suit from Shallow Hal.

I would not normally pick on someone gaining a lot of pregnancy weight, but as you all know, I hate her. Also? They named the baby Ryder. Ugh.

Comment

• Ooh! I wanna see!

Comment

• I don't have a wireimage account, so let's see if this works...

She of the many chins:

Damn, it's so small, you can't really behold the true horror.

Comment

• Ha! We saw her on ET and the mister didn't believe it was her. She looked like Goldie in the fat suit after Bruce dumps her in Death Becomes Her.

Comment

• O.M.B.

She is HUGE. I mean she looks like she's doubled in size since her pregnant phase. Seriously. She was like healthy-plump in November (see page 3). Holy cow. It's quite shocking. Like when Diane Weist went from skinny to huge.
                              It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

• You know, I admitted to being on a weight freight train but I got lucky with this stupid swimming and only boast a new pound for this month. With her resources, there's no reason to be that big.

I'm not sure I would have gone to the premiere if I was her so on one hand, I'm a little impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X