Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scientologyguru View Post
    And also chose to defend Mel Gibson post drunken, sexist anti semitic rant.
    Yeah, this made me not quite as crushing on Jodie, in the same way I look side-eyed at the Polanski defenders now.

Comment

• PAMBIC:

From that Tori article:
      I'm Aaron Spelling's daughter. I knew how to write the story. I knew what would tug on heartstrings.
      So very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by emmaleigh View Post
        I don't think she's evil or anything but the consensus in fandom was that that op ed did way more harm than good at the time
        Well, if the fandom thought it was hurtful, obviously that means it's true and Jodie should just shut her cakehole about a subject she arguably knows more about than 99% of the population. I'm not a particular fan of JF and her continued support of Mel Gibson is, as others have pointed out, bizarre and unfortunate, but having just re-read the piece in question, I'm not getting the outrage. It was not only a defense of KStew, it was a plea for people to stop being such assholes to/about celebrities. And she didn't praise KS's mom, she just recounted a story where they watched her play basketball and JF expressed hope that she wouldn't want to keep acting.

I can imagine if you were in the fandom and eating, sleeping and breathing every detail of the story as it unfolded, the essay may have seem ill-advised or inappropriate, but for people who weren't following it that closely, it doesn't read that way. It reads like a seasoned veteran of celebrity sticking up for one of her peeps. And while it may have been prompted by a specific situation, it's about a lot more than one young actress and her problems so again, I don't see what's bad about it.

Re: Tori Spelling. At this point, she's just a rich(ish) version of Kate Gosselin. If she was really as good as her dad, she would've had Dean cheat on her with one of her "best friends" while she was off in Paris. And they could've played "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" in the background while it happened.

I would actually respect her a bit if she started recycling 90210 plots on her "reality" show just to see if anyone noticed. I'd even watch the damn thing if that happened.

Comment

• Well, if the fandom thought it was hurtful, obviously that means it's true and Jodie should just shut her cakehole about a subject she arguably knows more about than 99% of the population.
          Pretty sure I never implied anyone anywhere has to share my opinion on this (but yes, there are other people who do share my opinion on this). My second post in response to Neo about the content was to explain why "I didn't appreciate" it because my very first statement on this topic was *I* didn't appreciate it. I didn't like the piece. I have my reasons. I've explained them here and other places at this board. It changed *my* opinion of Jodie. I'm really kind of surprised y'all care that much what I think about Jodie Foster.

Comment

• Wow, this is . . . huh.

http://www.eonline.com/news/535153/g...wind-courtship

George Clooney Engaged to Amal Alamuddin After Whirlwind Courtship

Never say never!

George Clooney is engaged to lawyer Amal Alamuddin after barely seven months of dating, according to People.
            E! news has learned from two separate sources that the two are headed to the altar. Clooney's British ladylove was first spotted flashing a "massive" ring on her left ring finger Thursday, while dining at Malibu restaurant Nobu with Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber, one source told E! News.

In the middle of dinner that evening, the couple told pal Edward Norton "we're engaged!" when he approached their table. The actor went on to congratulate them and give them congratulatory kisses.
            The handsome couple were first romantically linked in October when they looked cozy at a dinner party together, the pair presumably bonding over their shared concern for global human rights and work with the United Nations.

This will be the second trip down the aisle for the 52-year-old Clooney, who was married to Talia Blasam from 1989 to 1993—after which he vowed never to do such a thing again. Or so the Hollywood legend goes.

"I haven't had aspirations in that way, ever," the Oscar-winning director and producer told Esquire last year, setting the record straight. "I was married in 1989. I wasn't very good at it. I was quoted as saying I'll never get married again pretty much right after I got divorced and then I've never talked about it since."

Clooney has been almost as famous for his serial monogamy as his varied work on the big and small screens. He last dated Stacy Keibler for two years before they amicably called it quits last July. She is expecting her first child with husband Jared Pobre, whom she married last month.

And now Clooney's relationship status is no longer up in the air.

He and Alamuddin vacationed in the Seychelles together in March and went on safari in Tanzania before returning to the States for your average lounge-and-restaurant date nights in New York and Los Angeles.

Alamuddin, who was born in Lebanon and grew up in Great Britain, is already a hit with Clooney's nearest and dearest, too. They were spotted grabbing sushi with Emily Blunt and John Krasinski a few weeks ago.
            So . . . which of his ex-gfs is the most bitter right now?

http://www.people.com/article/is-geo...amal-alamuddin

His bachelor days are over!

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are engaged.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirms Clooney popped the question and exclusively tells PEOPLE, "George and Amal are trying to keep things very low-key but they also aren't really trying to hide this, it doesn't seem. I think it's like they want the people they love to know that this is real, that they plan on being together forever."

The engagement happened "not that long ago, I think," the source adds, and the couple don't appear to have wedding plans in the works – yet.

. . .

Clooney, 52, and Alamuddin, 36, a British attorney who specializes in international law and human rights, were first photographed stepping out together in London in October. The two have since been spotted embarking on romantic, globe-trotting jaunts.

In March, the two went on a trip to Tanzania, where they were snapped getting cozy during a safari, and they also visited the Seychelles.

A few days later, the couple stepped out together in New York City for dinner at a French restaurant.

Earlier this year, a source who has worked with Clooney, told PEOPLE: "He's with someone who is a very accomplished attorney. She isn't someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment. She's on his level."

. . . and there's the slam on 90% of his exes. Ouch.

But yeah, I guess an int'l lawyer ain't going to put up with his bachelor nonsense year after year the way a Keibler would.

Comment

• She might be over his level, which is why he felt the need to nail that down!
              Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Poor Keibs! But, I mean, everything you said.

Comment

• Keibler is married to some rich guy with a baby on the way. She's probably way over their [email protected]
                  "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                    She might be over his level, which is why he felt the need to nail that down!
                    That's what it sounds like to me. She's not a celeb or wannabe, so his fame and star power probably don't do much for her (plus, she's a Brit, and they make an art form out of not being impressed by people). He was probably worried she'd get bored and take off.

Comment

• She's an international human rights attorney. He probably respects the crap out of that and probably secretly wishes that was HIS job. Remember the Princess Diana press conference?
                      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Holy shiz. This b should wear a cape.

Comment

• I'm like never surprised by celeb shenanigans anymore, but this news has totally stunned me. I wanna shake this lady's hand.

Comment

• Ophy! I'm here. Posting about Tori is like the bat signal for me. I'm obsessed with that story. I am positive Emily Goodhand is made-up, because otherwise we would know everything about her already. It's not like Us Weekly doesn't have a very loose definition of the word celebrity to begin with.

As for Jodie, my dislike stems from my playground interactions with her. Which isn't a story for the main board, given all the new faces here these days.

Comment

• Ophy! I'm here. Posting about Tori is like the bat signal for me.
                              YOU ARE HERE.

I am positive Emily Goodhand is made-up, because otherwise we would know everything about her already.
                              Totes agree!

It even sounds like a fake name. It's the '123 Fake St.' of names.

Which isn't a story for the main board,
                              You know where to dangle the deets, chicalita.

Comment

• Needing these deets like whoa. Also, YAY SNICK!

Comment

Working...
                                X