No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day, another Hollywood fixture reveals he's a bigot.

Some choice quotes from Gary Oldman:
    Well, if I called Nancy Pelosi a c*** and Ill go one better, a f****** useless c*** I cant really say that. But Bill Maher and Jon Stewart can, and nobodys going to stop them from working because of it. Bill Maher could call someone a fag and get away with it. He said to Seth MacFarlane this year, I thought you were going to do the Oscars again. Instead they got a lesbian. He can say something like that. Is that more or less offensive than Alec Baldwin saying to someone in the street, You fag? I dont get it.
    Yeah, dude it's less offensive.
    Mel Gibson is in a town thats run by Jews, and he said the wrong thing because hes actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him and doesnt need to feed him anymore because hes got enough dough, Oldman said. Hes like an outcast, a leper, you know?

I dont know about Mel. He got drunk and said a few things, but weve all said those things...Were all f****** hypocrites, he added. Thats what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word n***** or that f****** Jew?

Im being brutally honest here, Oldman said. Its the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy.
    Original Variety piece.

Comment

• Good LORD.

Comment

• Further shoring up my long-standing belief that sketchy characters assume everybody is sketchy! So, yeah, you say the n-word in private so EVERYBODY does? Yeah, not so much, asshole.

I will say that I do think that our liberal twitter outrage culture is out of control. There is a certain level of hypocrisy and the level of perfection that is expected of all people at all times in the public forum is ridiculous. But the expectation of just not being openly racist and sexist is a low bar for fuck's sake.
        Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Further shoring up my long-standing belief that sketchy characters assume everybody is sketchy!
          THIS SO MUCH.

Ugh. What an ass.

Comment

• I'm trying to feel disappointed about Oldman, but I never really had a positive opinion about him to begin with so the revelation that he's a dbag is not so startling. Now I can hate him for this, on top of not being hot enough to play Sirius in the HP movies.

Re: SJP & Ferris - haven't they been on the verge of divorce for, like, ever? I'm kind of relieved if this is actually it. She bugged my tits on SatC but, of the two of them, I still like her better. He just seems so boring and humorless.

Comment

• Originally posted by roly View Post
              Re: SJP & Ferris - haven't they been on the verge of divorce for, like, ever? I'm kind of relieved if this is actually it. She bugged my tits on SatC but, of the two of them, I still like her better. He just seems so boring and humorless.
              They also confirm my long-standing belief that everybody breaks up in Hollywood.

Re: isadora. There was an actress here that said in an interview not long ago that she has tried drugs, hasn't everybody? I think it's a combination of what you said but also that they live in a world that the percentage of sketchiness is greater than the world we live in.
              sigpic

Comment

• Valid point. They live in a community filled with predators and so the odds of encountering sketchy people is much higher. HOWEVER, I grew up with poor white trash but my mother did not allow anybody to say racist stuff in her house with very rare, very elderly exceptions (because we had to respect those people because they gave us life, etc.). Beyond those elderly exceptions? Anybody else who disparaged people of other races, religions or sexual orientations were corrected/disapproved of openly. If you don't run your own house that way GARY OLDMAN then I don't want to come over and talk to you because you are not my grandfather and I don't have to be polite.

The assumption that because you hold beliefs you wouldn't say in public and so, obviously, everybody else also holds beliefs they wouldn't say in public (for fear of offending those mean, politically correct monsters who believe in basic civility and equality for all) is false. Certainly, we all have differences in the way we talk/behave with old friends than in how we talk with strangers but that's a matter of comfort and trust.

In other news, I don't know enough of Matt Broderick to say if he's boring and humorless. I mean, he looks serious in photos but I for real haven't seen an interview with him in years and years and years. He rarely does press from what I remember and I always figured it was because he killed those two people while on vacation in Ireland.
                Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• If you don't run your own house that way GARY OLDMAN then I don't want to come over and talk to you because you are not my grandfather and I don't have to be polite.
                  Hee. WORD.

I want 'You Are Not My Grandpa GARY OLDMAN, So Fuck You' on a tshirt.

He rarely does press from what I remember and I always figured it was because he killed those two people while on vacation in Ireland.
                  Okay, what?

I mean, I know I can Google it, but what?

Comment

• I always figured it was because he killed those two people while on vacation in Ireland.
                    That, and I always felt like he was just a safe rebound guy after RDJ broke her heart into a million pieces.

Vehicular homicide aside, I like Matthew Broderick, but he seemed ready to move on for a long time now.

Comment

• It was a car accident with Jennifer Grey! I did not mean to imply he is a homicidal maniac. He has no memory of the accident but, apparently, he crossed to the wrong side of the road while driving in Ireland. And, while I would think it was probably a dumb American thing of him not knowing the rules of the road? He has spent a huge chunk of his life in Ireland, including summers as a child (according to wikipedia) and, in fact, when not in NYC or the Hamptons, the Broderick/SJP fam allegedly spends a lot of time there.

That, and I always felt like he was just a safe rebound guy after RDJ broke her heart into a million pieces.
                      I mean, obviously, right? Unless MB has some Dark Impulses and Secrets? I'm guessing RDJ was a white-hot brilliant youthful love of Great Heartbreak and Devastation (and I'm COMPLETELY jealous of it, tbh) and so she retreated to the safe harbor of summers in Ireland with Ferris Beuller.

Comment

• This calls for a picspam:

So much glorious heartbreak!

They were just babies!

Coked up babies that moved in together at 19:

And got a cat. And he was quoted as saying he didn't like to go out because the most interesting person was already at home. *sniff*

"We just had another fight in the car and I can't help him and this is all going to end badly."

She LOVED him and he LOVED drugs. *sniff*

Comment

• That accident story is terrible! I would be humorless for the rest of my life, too.

As for the RDJ/SJP pic spam . . .

:heart eyes:

Comment

• So pretty! So in lurve!

Even though she can be pretentious sometimes, and even though she wore that cray designer comforter to the Met Ball, I still enjoy SJP. And their apartment is v. cute. I wonder who will get to keep the living room ping pong table.

Comment

• I have been obsessed with RDJ since like 1988. So I think he was gorgeous and baby-faced with SJP and he looked so fucking hot in Chances Are in but for some reason when he had his brief sober-up and starred in Chaplin? He was at this MOST beautiful.

Baby faced.

But between 89/90 and 93? It almost hurt to look at him for me.

I still get a little swoony.

This is a crop of the original from Esquire magazine and when I turned to this page? My uterus literally shifted.

Comment

• This. This RDJ picspam is why i love you guys.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X