No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, these are in the legit trades, not the trashloids.

http://www.people.com/article/brad-p...ed-child-abuse

Brad Pitt Investigated for Alleged Child Abuse After Incident on Private Plane

Brad Pitt is under investigation for child abuse after after he allegedly got "verbally abusive" and "physical" with one of his children with Angelina Jolie on the couple's private plane while their other kids were present, PEOPLE confirms.

The Los Angeles Police Department and L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services are both investigating after someone anonymously reported the incident last Wednesday on the tarmac, a source tells PEOPLE.

Pitt is accused of getting verbally abusive with one couple's kids, as well as getting "physical," a source says. Jolie was present at the time, along with at least some of their other children.

The report allegedly indicates he had been drinking at the time of the incident.

Another source says that Pitt did not return to the L.A. family home with Jolie and the children after the incident. That wasn't unusual, says the source – Pitt would often spend the night at a hotel after arguments with Jolie.

TMZ first reported news of the child services investigation.

A source close to Pitt tells PEOPLE that that he is not taking the investigation lightly.

"He takes the matter very seriously and says he did not commit any abuse of his children," the source says. "It's unfortunate that people involved are continuing to present him in the worst possible light."

Jolie, 41, filed for divorce and requested sole physical custody of the couple's six children – Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8 . In documents filed in court on Monday, Jolie cited irreconcilable differences in ending their marriage of two years.

She listed the date of separation as September 15, a day after Pitt's alleged blowup.

Yikes.

Well, that explains why she only wants to allow him visitation.

[http://www.eonline.com/news/796803/b...-abuse-reports

"Brad did not want the marriage to end," a source told E! News Sept. 21. Furthermore, the actor, 52, "was committed to doing what he needed to make it work. He was open to counseling."
    Another insider added, "He is emotionally torn. Right now, he is devastated. He still loved Angelina and would have preferred they fight to make the marriage work. He was willing to do whatever it took to save the marriage and didn't realize Angelina had already given up on it."

After Jolie filed for divorce, things were fraught. But, a source told E! News, "Both sides are in a better place. There is a commitment from both sides to look out for and protect the children. They are both determined to protect the kids and find the best way to resolve this situation."

ETA Ridiculous misogyny in the People comments, btw. Like, 'will kill your faith in humanity' level of horrible.
    Last edited by ophy; 09-22-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• If this is true, it explains pretty much everything about AJ's decisions surrounding the divorce. Yikes, tho.

I legit never pegged BP as a low key alkie. He always seemed super chill and way more into pot, but I don't remember reading or hearing about him getting drunk all the time. If this was Clooney, I'd be way less surprised.

Comment

• http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...source=twitter

"We have no criminal investigation that we are actively pursuing," Montgomery said. "To my knowledge, [Pitt talking to police] never happened. And right now, that is where our office is. We are not investigating any case, nor do we have any allegations against Mr. Pitt. We understand how rumors get spun up and hopefully we can put a few of them to rest. We have no investigation involving Mr. Pitt."
        L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services could not immediately be reached for comment.

So the LAPD isn't involved, but that doesn't mean that an incident did not occur or that another branch/org isn't involved. People mag doesn't just run with things willynilly, and they did say they 'confirmed' the report.

Comment

• More details emerging . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dailymailceleb

Brad Pitt got into an argument with his son Maddox last week on the family's flight home from France according to a source close to the actor and his estranged wife Angelina Jolie, which led to her decision to file for divorce.

The actor and his 15-year-old son were at odds for unknown reasons, but Pitt did not touch the teenager at any time claims the source.

The source went on to say that allegations of abuse against the actor, both verbal and physical, have been 'exaggerated or fabricated'.

It was reported on Thursday afternoon that Pitt is now being investigated by the FBI and social services in Los Angeles.

On Thursday morning, a police car was seen arriving at the Jolie-Pitt compound in the Hollywood Hills, were Pitt is believed to be staying while Jolie and the children are at a Malibu rental home.

The family is said to have been on a flight home from France when he allegedly became 'wasted' and started 'screaming' before continuing the 'rant' on the tarmac when the plane landed, trying to leave the scene in a fuel truck.

TMZ was the first to report that this alleged episode prompted Jolie to split from the 52-year-old the next day and then file for divorce.

The FBI is investigating the incident because it happened on a flight, and US Weekly is reporting that the anonymous call came from someone on the plane as it headed towards Los Angeles, which led to members of DCFS meeting the family on the tarmac and questioning them on the scene.

The LA County Department of Children and Family Services told KTLA reporter and anchor Wendy Burch there is an investigation into child abuse claims, but a spokesman later told DailyMail.com they have strict laws that don't allow them to confirm or deny the subjects of investigations.

A colleague of the couple meanwhile tells Access Hollywood that while Jolie wants the children to have a relationship with Pitt, there are no plans for visitation between the six kids and their father at this time.

And while the divorce did not come as a surprise to Pitt, he was thrown off by the time according to those close to the actor.

'He was appealing to her to do this quietly not to save the marriage but to consider the well-being of the children and it was ignored,' a source close to the actor told People.

The source added: 'There was clearly a breaking point, where she'd just had enough. He may have been broken himself and said he couldn't go on, and she reacted. This has been difficult for a while.'

A source close to Jolie meanwhile said: 'Things built and built over time it wasn't any one thing.

'She's loved this man for several years, and [divorce] is not something you do impulsively.'

This is becoming a really sad story! They even have a pic of the police car at the house's gates, so I don't think this is something Brad can brush off. Time for rehab and anger management classes as the next steps, I guess.

Comment

• I agree this is becoming sad. Brad did not seem like the type to be a drunk or abusive. Explains why Ang filed so quickly, protective momma.

Comment

• I can't even enjoy this as gossip any more.

Comment

• If it's true then no, not even fun as gossip. But there's no real proof of anything (if anything, the original claims are seeming shaky now, what with a supposed video showing no physical contact etc) and I could very much see her trying to set him up. Something just seems hinky about it all.

The whole 'saint angelina' thing is far from her original persona. Kinda crazy and manipulative was more her thing (I loved her so much more back then). Much as she appears to do good work for charity these days, it doesn't mean that she's changed entirely.

Comment

• http://www.people.com/article/naomi-...hreiber-split-

Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Split After 11 Years Together

"Over the past few months we've come to the conclusion that the best way forward for us as a family is to separate as a couple," Schreiber and Watts said in a joint statement to PEOPLE.

"It is with great love, respect, and friendship in our hearts that we look forward to raising our children together and exploring this new phase of our relationship While we appreciate your curiosity and support, we ask the press to be mindful of our children and respect their right to privacy," the statement continued.

A source on the set of Schreiber's Showtime series Ray Donovan tells PEOPLE, "They have been on the rocks for quite a while."

The two are parents to Alexander (Sasha) Pete Schreiber, 8, and Samuel Kai Schreiber, 7.

The former couple was most recently spotted together at the Toronto International Film Festival, where they were in town to promote their new filmThe Bleeder. Both Schreiber and Watts enjoyed chronicling their festival tour on social media, each posting several happy photos from the event to their respective social media accounts.

Watts, 47, and Schreiber, 48, met at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual costume ball in 2005 and immediately hit it off.

"We spoke on the phone for several weeks and emailed," said Watts, who had to return to Los Angeles at the time. "And then I made up some excuse to come to New York and the rest is history."

FUCK OFF 2016.

(apparently meeting at the Met Gala brings no luck at all.)

Comment

• More long term couples. At about the ten year mark.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Prince Harry's new girlfriend looks like Pippa Middleton which is a little hilars to me.

Interestingy (or not, if you DGAF), The J started following Meghan Markle on insta a few weeks ago and the thought crossed my mind that she might have been the girl in the pic at some bar that someone snapped from far away. The timing of the follow, her brief appearance on Fringe, and her dark hair made me think it was a possibility, but eh, wrong. MM clearly had bigger, more ginger fish to fry.

Comment

• I had those exact thoughts when he started following her but Harry's a catch, I love him.

I just saw that The J is now following Torrey DeVitto. I don't want him to hook up with Paul's ex! But it's seems she's still with Artem Chigvintsev (who I loved with Kara Tointon but they, of course, split in the end). The celebrity world is so incestuous it's crazy.

Comment

• Dayum, y'all. Feeling bad for everyone involved here.

It sucks that he felt like he had to do this, but still . . . kinda romantic, right? It's what you'd want your ginger prince to do in this sitch. He steps up and claims her as his girlfriend all official and on palace letterhead and everything! I had zero opinions about Meghan and Prince Harry before this letter, but now Imma ship them why not.

Side note: Ugh, the Daily Fail.

Comment

• I really like her! I think she's actually kind of too good for him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I laughed so much when I read that release initially because it just seems very him to be that forward and unconventional but put in such a 'royal' tone. And now he's taken half of most people's fun out of it by confirming they're together - clever man! Anyway, hopefully the madness stops now and I think they're kinda cute together, good for them

Comment

• Agree on the grand and formal DTR! Romantic AF.

Carrie Fisher just confirmed the Han-Leia RLTL affair.

Comment

Working...
                                X