No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sorta am rolling my eyes at her long-term cluelessness and framing of her husband not being a feminist who should be celebrated. Your husband is banging all his lead actresses and you just never noticed and were BLINDSIDED by it. K. I bet her two best friends are like: REALLY? I mean, at least it wasn't the nanny?
    It could have been some willing blindness - she was living a good lifestyle, money-wise, but he strikes me as one of those super manipulators, and she wouldn't be the first woman to have been taken in by that.

Even as I want to know which of the women he slept with, I have a bit of feeling sorry for Amy, Charisma, et al, if people are wondering about it and they didn't sleep with him.

Comment

• I don't feel the least bit bad? I mean, it's not like those who were paying attention didn't see he was a total weirdo with some of those ladies even back then. Eliza is on my short list as well.

I guess he's a master manipulator, but I just don't trust a man who tells me he's the best feminist ever? And I can't believe how many people don't see their spouse clearly, I guess? Some people are super deceitful and terrible, but I mostly think people are just people and some are clearly capable of sleazier behavior than others. I can't think of a single person I know who was truly blindsided in this way who didn't let basically every suspicious thing slide FOR YEARS.

You had a bad marriage and you were checked out enough about it to not understand that your husband was living his own life. I just find it hard to believe that anybody who is living with a double-life kind of person doesn't on some level understand who they are married to, but I'm real cynical.

Not saying it's her fault, but this outrage over his not really being a feminist is very silly to me. He was the liar and the cheat, and I'm sure on some level he told himself she was in on it or understood or something. But I don't have feminist heroes who are men, so I'm probably just dead inside. I seriously don't get it. I nearly spit nails when they put Obama on the cover of Ms. Magazine in a fake feminist t-shirt. NOPE, MS., NO. Joss Whedon has never been a feminist hero to me ALTHO I do appreciate many of his female characters and his writing overall.

He's a bad husband. Don't marry him, fangirls.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Well, of course we see (saw) him diffently than she did because she was in love with him and wanted to believe the best about him. Btw when I said I side eyed him I didn't mean I believed he cheated just that he wasn't the benevolent guy everyone seemed to think he was. My thoughts were mostly about work ethics, though. I honestly hadn't thought about his personal life at all either way. I just thought he too was a special snowflake just as other peeps in Hollywood with him deleting his twitter when people dared to criticise Ultron etc.
        sigpic

Comment

• Not saying it's her fault, but this outrage over his not really being a feminist is very silly to me.
          Agreed, because I stopped believing he was feminist when Buffy snuggled Spike after he tried to rape her. That crystallized for me all the creepy weirdo things that had been going on in his work. This business here just makes me shake my head with I told you so. Plus I need some tell-alls to start coming out.

Comment

• SUMMER GLAU. Just sayin'.

There was an essay recently (before Kai's tea spilling) that said the Geek Trio plotline in BtVS (where the three nerdboys build girlbots they can order around and play with like dolls and treat horribly) was an indicator as to how Joss views/toys with/thinks about the power he has over 'his' actresses and yet how he loathes himself for doing so. And then of course, his next show was LITERALLY called Dollhouse, so . . . yeah, it's all kinda gross in retrospect.

Did a re-watch of Firefly recently, and I had forgotten just how much misogyny was in there (particularly around the 'companion' = 'whore' issue). It seems more jarring now than it did in 2002, but it should have been just as jarring then?

Comment

• It was jarring to me back then. I like Inara, and Mal was a piece a shit toward her, and yet we were supposed to be rooting for that match. It was gross.

Comment

• Houston's annual rain apocalypse is upon us and today is my Friday so after work I'm basically gonna be waiting for TSwizzle's new single like a 14 year old. That's all.

Comment

• Maybe it will grow on me, but I was not excited by Look What You Made Me Do. I think it's the chorus. I get why she would choose a song with that message for the first single, but not her best work.

Comment

• It's no Blank Space, but I like it better than Bad Blood and it's a really good shower song (which is what matters the most to me). The ogirl had the lyric video on repeat for over an hour, and looooves it.

Was talking with someone on twitter about how it's basically Tay's cheesy Disney villain song, and I adore a good Disney villain song.

I've been wanting Taylor to embrace her inner snaaaaake qween forever.

But I do think it wouldn't matter what she put out . . . lots of folks were waiting with their knives out anyway. (Which I think was her point).

Comment

• I was disappointed on first listen, but maybe it's growing on me a little. It's def inferior to the singles off of 1989, maybe with the exception of Bad Blood. As much play and hype as BB got, the song was one of the weakest on the album. I'm hoping the same about LWYMMD. Lyrically, it's a mix. The hooks are really good (Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours was a nice admission to how she got burned after KK released the audio of that phone call) and I like her being upfront about how she's obsessed with karma. But some of it is super cringey: the sleep/feast bit is weaksauce and the list checking line felt lazy. Her stans are obvs YAS, QUEENing everywhere, but I just hope the rest of the album is actually good.

Comment

• I'm with Issie. The hot takes about this single are so over the top and hateful that it's exhausting. Also, why do people want Taylor Swift to be a liberal political device? We live in such a weird time. Like wasn't it JUST LAST WEEK that she was being held us a hero for her testimony against that creep grabbing her ass, but this week she's a lowkey Trump supporter who is the human equivalent of mayonnaise? I have grown to hate the pop culture and political internets.

But, yeah, middling pop song is middling and Bad Blood was the weakest single off 1989.
                        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Also, why do people want Taylor Swift to be a liberal political device?
                          Because we're all so freaked out and scared and some people want to reassure themselves that their girl-power friend-to-LGBT hero didn't vote Trump? You are right that the current climate is so weird. Everybody has to choose a side and she is refusing to.

I read something the other day about how Aryan Nazi lovers hold her up as their queen, and that may be overblown, but if it's not, she should denounce.

Comment

• Dylan O'Brien's first interview about the accident. Holy cats, it was bad. I mean, it's pretty clear he has some emotional scars from it. Pretty traumatizing for a young actor to have his faith in the safety of movie sets and his face--by which he actually makes his living, not to mention where we all put much of our personal identity--in such jeopardy.

Comment

• Now that Weinstein is persona non grata, Hollywood actresses get 2x the relief. Not only do they not have to put up with harassment or assault (well...from him anyway), they're also free from having to pretend that Marchesa dresses aren't garbage.

Comment

• I... don't get it. What's the connection?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X