No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgina Chapman, his wife, is the "designer" of Marchesa dresses. Lots of people wore her designs to curry favor with them both.

Comment

• Thanks! I actually googled Marchesa but didn't look deeper. Dah!
      sigpic

Comment

• I didn't realize that!

As all of these ladies have started to come forward, I can't help but wonder about the ones who stay silent. I'm not judging them, because I assume some were fine with fucking an old guy to get a part (I'm grossed out by it, but I'm guessing some were game). I'm also not judging because we don't know anything about the trauma some might have endured at his hands -- and it's not for me to tell other people to speak out when they are maybe still processing or dealing with the emotional fallout of the assault. Or maybe you don't regret it because you won that Oscar and it was just a back rub or a blowjob or something? Like how Lohan jumped to his defense? It's rumored that she sells herself for cash these days. And you just know she was horrifically abused in every which way and is still a straight-up mess. I don't say that to be mean, because her life makes me so sad. She's got a very Barbary Payton thing about her.

Imagine a man so powerful that he could degrade a woman in any number of ways and she has no recourse (that's most of us -- I mean, rape is basically a free crime in this country) but then, beyond that, he can harm your career if you displease him and, even if you do "please" him, he can bully you into wearing a dress his wife designed.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I mean, how many people have been bullied and assaulted by HW and then also had to suffer the indignity of see through lace shenanigans at the premiere of the movie he let them star in? Blake Lively, blink twice if this was you, sis.

Maybe the only thing that has surprised me about all of this is that HW was so powerful, he felt free enough to be reckless with his abuse. I figured that he refrained from going after anyone with connections, but goop tells anybody with ears that Spielberg is her godfather and Harvey STILL went after her.

Comment

• He went after anybody, no shame, no recourse, and no matter what anybody is saying now, everybody apparently knew he was doing it.

Also: anybody bitching because Hillary spoke out too late or whatever? Can kiss my fat ass. You canít tell her to go hide in the woods and also expect her to speak out.

Comment

• Itís all so, so gross.

In happier news, for me and Issie anyway, I saw this and it looks like DK has finally got her mojo back and is looking more like her old self. I think sheís still in her friendship/hookup/whatever relationship with Reedus but she seems more at ease on the red carpet again anyway:
              https://www.gofugyourself.com/diane-...gether-10-2017

Comment

• Her face looks happy, but that dress! Itís like she wants to be the Dalai Lama.

Comment

• Oh, these political "reporters" trying to make this about HRC can DIE IN A FIRE. What does she have to do with this? So bizarre. OUR PRESIDENT IS A PUSSY GRABBING PIECE OF SHIT BUT, BY ALL MEANS, LET'S MAKE HILLARY TALK ABOUT HARVEY.

Relatedly, did y'all see that Newsweek pulled Denny Hastert out of storage to talk about "what's wrong with congress"? He was Speaker of the House, as you may recall, and was a shitbag then and OH HE RAPED CHILDREN but, sure Newsweek, let's talk to him about his awesome political background. I'm not linking the article because fuck them and their clickbait.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                    I didn't realize that!

As all of these ladies have started to come forward, I can't help but wonder about the ones who stay silent. I'm not judging them, because I assume some were fine with fucking an old guy to get a part (I'm grossed out by it, but I'm guessing some were game).
                    Even if some were 'game' to do it for a part.... it's still fucked up. He's still in the wrong because he's helped to create this nightmare situation where to do what you love (and yes, I'm pretending here that every actress involved acts for the love of acting, not for 'fame & fortune) you have to let this feral old creep do whatever he wants to you? That's horrific, really. Not the same as rape or assault, for sure, but horrific.

And I agree with not judging the women who stayed silent but the men who stayed silent were also trying to protect their own careers. Not the same thing, for sure, not as justifiable, but not for no reason at all. There will also be plenty of women who are the same as those men (not touched by HW and stayed silent) but, interestingly, I've seen nothing said of those women but plenty said about those men. And them, realistically, McGowan took 100k and other favours to stay quiet about the rape, knowing full well other women would be next. So I don't want to judge anyone except HW but there's a lot of judging going around at the moment and I find it all a bit... messy, contradictory, I don't think I agree with McGowan vilifying people other than HW.

Anyway, the whole thing is gross and I hope some other creep doesn't just manage to come up and take HW's place (then again, how many other HWs are there already in Hollywood?).

Comment

• So I can't believe how many people I've seen express shock/disbelief over Kevin Spacey! It reminds me that most people didn't spent the late 90s and early 00s on trashy blind item gossip sites! LOL.

I feel like we need to create a new version of The A List so when perennial blind item faves finally come forward we can check them off the list. Waiting for somebody to talk about Dan Schneider!

I just found out that Dan Schneider is married to Lisa Lillien, aka Hungry Girl. They got married in 2002, and she started the blog in 2004.
                      Last edited by isadora; 11-02-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• I just read that alleged lover of barely legal orgies Bryan Singer deleted his Twitter account in the last day or so! INNERESTING.

Comment

• The Kevin Spacey deal did not shock me at all but I was a little bummed over Dustin Hoffman. Tootsie!
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm gonna be a bad feminist and say: Dustin Hoffman is an 80YO man who acted sexist in the 1980s, a pretty fucking sexist time when there was an actual feminist backlash going on. Considering that the first time spousal rape was even considered a crime was in 1979 and was not a crime in all 50 states until 1993? Was he a serial sexual harasser or was he just totally fucking average (borderline normal) for that time and place?

I don't know if earlier generations felt this way or if it's just that our culture has changed so rapidly in my lifetime, but I just can't hold a single accusation of harassing a much younger woman -- done at a time when raping your wife was considered no big dealio -- to the same level as a serial abuser like Weinstein or Spacey. They both seem to particularly get off on dominating and humiliating and GOOD RIDDANCE to both of them now that all these endless rumors have born out.

Maybe I can't hang people out to dry over things done 30 years ago because if we're gonna hold people accountable for one summer in the early 1980s? Fuck, you guys, I'm certainly guilty of sme of the same sexist thinking that permeated our culture. I was just a kid then but I slut shamed! I blamed the victim! I thought gays were weirdos. Not terrible weirdos but like Boy George weird. I thought Eddie Murphy's Delirious was the funniest single hour in the history of comedy well into the 1990s! I did all those things in the 1990s, too, except I got a gay friend. And his nickname was "Gay John." I MEAN! What were we even thinking? Oh and Gay John didn't understand why gays would want to even get married and was against legalization of same-sex marriage.

So I don't mean to defend Dustin Hoffman -- maybe he's a huge sleaze? Probably he is! -- but it makes me feel very hypocritical to hold him to a standard that I probably wouldn't pass at the time we're doing the measuring.

Comment

• So I can't believe how many people I've seen express shock/disbelief over Kevin Spacey! It reminds me that most people didn't spent the late 90s and early 00s on trashy blind item gossip sites! LOL.
                              SAME. Those blinds are some of my first internet memories!

And yeah, I'm still on the fence about how hard we should be on people who knew about HW and didn't speak out. I mean, our everyday, pleb system and culture produces Brock Turners. Hollywood is an exaggeration of everything, so it's fitting that powerful monsters like HW, Spacey and Cosby have spent decades settling out of court and going about their disgusting lives.

Comment

• Is it residual Gossip Girl bitterness that makes me believe the Ed Westwick allegations?
                                Bitter Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X