No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, you deserve this, and I deserve for you to know and tell us.

Comment

• I’m waiting for Chrissy Teigen to get tipsy and spill it in an instastory while John Legend tries to help her out of another piece of jewelry.
      Last edited by LaaLaa; 03-27-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Sanaa Lathan has emerged as the front runner. So weird. If it's true that she was 1. high 2. creeping on Jay and 3. ACTUALLY BIT BEYONCE IN THE FACE, maaaaaannnnn, Beysus is more merciful an overlord than any of us would be.I would've Fredo'ed her with quickness.

Comment

• I loved Love & Basketball and all, but that is so very weird and effed up. According to Haddish, Bey said whoever it was is “always like that.” Does Sanaa have a rep of being The Worst?

Comment

• According to Haddish, Bey said whoever it was is “always like that.”

Other way 'round! Bey said:

“Beyoncé's at the bar, so I said to Beyoncé, ‘Did she really bite you?’ She was like, ‘Yeah.’ I was like, ‘She gonna get her ass beat tonight.’ She was like, ‘Tiffany, no. Don't do that. That bitch is on drugs. She not even drunk. The bitch is on drugs. She not like that all the time. Just chill.’ ”

So it's somebody who probs DOESN'T have a rep for this kind of thing.

Comment

• Y'all, I'm bummed about Channing and Jenna! I did not follow them closely, but they always seemed to have so much fun and looked like they adored each other. The sads! I has them.

Comment

• Need I say it one more time?
                sigpic

Comment

• I didn't think they'd last even though I thought they were crazy about each other. You can't keep Channing Tatum in a box!
                  6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Fuck yeah, Tessa and Janelle.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/p...=Skimlinks.com

Aside from her impressive work on-screen, Thompson has been thrust into the spotlight thanks to her close relationship with the singer Janelle Monáe. Thompson features prominently in the glossy, album-length music video accompanying Monáe’s Dirty Computer, one of the most buzzed-about releases of 2018 so far. “Isn’t it such a good record? I am so proud to have been involved,” she beams.

The album is a riotous celebration of femininity, queerness, sexual fluidity and self-acceptance, with gleefully homoerotic content, including Thompson poking her head through the legs of Monáe’s ‘vagina’ trousers in the unashamedly suggestive video for the single Pynk. “I get text messages from friends that are like, ‘Would you please let Janelle know I came out to my family because of her?’” enthuses Thompson. “I think that work is really helping people and probably saving some lives.”

But her involvement has also intensified the already frenzied speculation that the pair are more than simply friends. “It’s tricky, because Janelle and I are just really private people and we’re both trying to navigate how you reconcile wanting to have that privacy and space, and also wanting to use your platform and influence,” says Thompson. “I can take things for granted because of my family – it’s so free and you can be anything that you want to be. I’m attracted to men and also to women. If I bring a woman home, [or] a man, we don’t even have to have the discussion.”

She pauses in her dissection of a chunk of avocado toast, and puts down her knife and fork. “That was something I was conscientious of in terms of this declaration around Janelle and myself. I want everyone else to have that freedom and support that I have from my loved ones,” she continues. “But so many people don’t. So, do I have a responsibility to talk about that? Do I have a responsibility to say in a public space that this is my person?”

Certainly, the internet would very much like that. There are countless stories dedicated to detailing their every outing, and searching for significance in their chosen outfits. Thompson is tickled when I mention this, and seems unfazed. “We love each other deeply,” she says. “We’re so close, we vibrate on the same frequency. If people want to speculate about what we are, that’s okay. It doesn’t bother me.”

Not that anyone's surprised, but still!

ETA

CAN WE SHIP YOU WITH ANYONE BUT JANELLE YAY OR NAY?

​​​​​​​

Last edited by ophy; 06-29-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• You guys, I could write 100 essays about politics, pop culture, reading between the lines, and just the state of humanity in 2018 based on the Vulture thing about Soon-Yi. I did my first TWEET STORM about it! LOL.
                      6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• That interview is batshit. I cannot imagine a non-evil reason for giving that interview at this point.

Comment

• I can't stop thinking about it. My favorite thing is to read between the lines of things like this and MAN THESE LINES ARE BANANAS.

Everything Woody says about her is tinged in creepy. Everything Soon-Yi says about Mia (particularly when it relates to Woody) is basically terrifying.

I'm very confused about why so many people who are not Mia and her immediate circle are mad about it. I found it very illuminating in many ways the author surely did not intend. But I also don't think this story is filled with heroes and villains. There was not a responsible adult within miles of those poor kids. Mia is terrible (by every account except Ronan and Dylan's), Woody is disgusting and terrible (by every account, even his own, truly). I felt bad for Soon-Yi that she was a broken little girl and I do think she grew up to do the best she could given the utter fucking nightmare of her childhood (and I mean both before AND after being adopted). Her anger at Mia is pretty nuts and pretty clearly heavily influenced by Woody's version of events.

It's fascinating stuff. I keep joking that I am taking the whole month of October off to do a NaNoWriMo novelization of Mia and Family's life b/c it's the most epic and insane story of our times and also makes a nice metaphor for American imperialism and savior capitalism. It's got everything.

Comment

• I would buy that book. It’s fantastic and I can’t look away.

I agree with you on heroes and villains. Even Andre Previn comes off as a dick. I have some sympathy for Soon-Yi for her very broken childhood, but she seems just as evil as the rest of them to me now. It will be very interesting assuming Woody dies first, how her thinking on this may change when she’s alone.

Comment

• It was also kinda funny that her reason for adopting her two children was that having children is an ego-driven endeavor, basically. And in that way Mia had a big influence! I wonder if they adopted kids who had safer backgrounds that her own. I also wonder what fucking adoption agency gave those two a kid because DO THEY READ THE NEWS.

Comment

• OMG!!! I haaaate DK's outfit here. https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/D..._campaign=feed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X