No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know I was just thinking this morning about how nobody I have ever tracked or stanned over the years has gone off the rails or turned out to be major kerrrazies or duds. Josh is clearly winning at life all around, Rob and Kristen are both happily partnered and having amazing career highs, Nina is majorly domestic with her Olympian and working steady (new Netflix movie out yesterday, and she's already filmed like, three projects this year including one that she directed herself), Jenny Slate is super happy with her artsy writer/painter boi and their baby girl and their New England dream life, and well, no need to even say that Taylor is doing well.

I'm not going like, take credit or anything like some kind of fandom fairy godmother, but still!!

YES, IT'S ALL ME, Y'ALL ARE VERY WELCOME.

ETA But real talk, as a board we've done a pretty good job of celeb picking. Not a single sekrit Trumper, anti-vaxxer, flat earther, or cannibal reveal! In over twenty years!
    Last edited by ophy; 11-06-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• True! The only weird one I can think of is Ian but he's not a antivaxx, Trumper, right? Just only an asshole.
      sigpic

Comment

• I know everyone (including me tbh) is on Red mood but I saw this

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/...cancer-aged-19

And got very sad. Wtf, 19 is too young!!
        sigpic

Comment

• I thought the same thing! I think she is undergoing - or has undergone a double mastectomy.
          Miranda McKeon, 19, Undergoing a Double Mastectomy for Breast Cancer | PEOPLE.com

A shocker but it seems they've caught it soon enough. I hope she does well.

Comment

• Tim Horton's and the Biebs have done a collab. I tried them the other day - - a bit underwhelmed.
            The "Timbiebs" collaboration between Tim Hortons and Justin Bieber is officially here, and another Canadian is apparently feeling a little salty about the snub. On Monday, November 29, Michael Bublé posted a video on his Instagram having a mini-rant.

Comment

• I thought Taylor Swift was doing a Starbucks collab but it didn't seem to amount to much?
              It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So the article where Joss Whedon admits he had affairs on the sets of Buffy/Angel/Firefly/whatever - do we know with whom he had these affairs? Alyson Hannigan? Amy Acker? Jewel Staite? I am frustrated that it keeps being discussed so vaguely without anybody telling me who he slept with!

Comment

• 100% I think Amy Acker was one of them. The ascension of Fred/Illyria seems very in line with how someone like JW would "reward" an actress for sleeping with him. I wondered if maybe AH was one of them too, but he still has a good relationship with her. His other exes said he was cruel and awful in the aftermath of their affairs so I would think he would have treated a young Ally the same way and that there would be bitterness there.

Comment

• I suspect Acker as well. With AH, I feel like he wouldn’t be so close to Alexis Denisof if he had slept with Aly. It does make me wonder about CC, and whether the way he was bad to her was the aftereffect of an affair. I also had suspicion about Amber Benson, who is now not a big fan of his.

Comment

• I just assumed he slept with any of them that would have him? Aly was obv a favorite and the rise of Fred was A LOT to take in real time and felt weird, so I assumed she slept with him, too.

That article was INSANE. Like INSANE. I can't believe he was dumb enough to agree to it! I can't believe nobody has told him he should shut the fuck up. I can't believe ANY of it.

In news that only people here would care about: I replied on Twitter to the magazine's post about it and noted that people who were mad he's on the cover didn't read the article because a grown-ass man took himself to the shed for no reason. And the one and only Jodie Turner-Smith liked my tweet. And it was the only tweet she liked! So it wasn't a mass liking. LOLOL. DOES SHE KNOW WHO I AM? OR IS THE UNIVERSE FUCKING WITH ME? (It's the latter but I'll take it).
                      It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Gonna chime in and agree on AA and not on AH. Maybe she just constantly made him feel special enough for him to not get cruel?

Jodie is so active on social! And she’s so extra but also so refreshingly normal. She commented on a breastfeeding insta account that posted a hack about using a hair tie to secure a milk collector to your bra so your baby doesn’t kick it like a ninja and my love for her tripled.

Comment

• I feel like Jodie has a similar sensibility to many of us, where she loves pop culture but also comes at it with a feminist and irreverent stance. Also, your comments are always on point, Is, so no surprise.

I do not believe for a minute that SMG slept with Whedon, though I am sure he tried.

Comment

• Maybe it was guest stars and not one of the main cast? Wasn't there a rumor that he was not allowed in the same room alone with one of the actors? She was not adult at the time I believe.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ophy and any other current and former CDAN readers: I was having a gossip chat with my co-worker and she said Enty on CDAN says that Usher sexually abused Justin Bieber in his teens and that's why Selena Gomez has a drug problem. Have any of you been keeping up on this? Or know more about it? I need a ruling on the legitimacy of this.

My co-worker also wanted to know if I knew who was the old man that Selena Gomez did a commitment ceremony with in 2018. WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT? I FEEL SO OLD.

Comment

• Oh man, your poor co-worker.

Enty/CDAN is entirely 100% unreliable. Not only does he post anything anyone sends in without checking even the most basic of facts, he has even admitted that sometimes he just makes shit up for lulz.

I did use to think waaaaaay back in the day that the stuff he posted was a bit more solid, but in retrospect his blinds have always been The Worst. And what puts the cherry on the fucking top these days is that the site has become a cesspool of QAnon bullshit.

The kays have been sending in made up blinds to him for years now, and he always just posts them as is. They have him convinced that Joe is Taylor's beard, that's how bullshit and gullible this dude is. He has literally gone on podcasts saying that.

In addition, ANYTHING you read about Selena Gomez online is immediately suspect because there is a long standing cabal of Selena haters who congregated on the site ExposingSMG* who have made it their mission to take her down with rumors and lies. She has had her own group of super passionate tinhatters, only instead of shipping her with somebody they want to destroy her for existing. It's been going on for years, ever since she had the AUDACITY to date Justin Bieber, I guess. They routinely use blind item sites to do this. And if that wasn't already bad enough, when she and Justin were going through the whole breakup/makeup cycle, Justin's manager Scooter Braun launched a PR campaign against her* to smear her as a desperate drug using junkie who wouldn't leave Justin alone. It really sucks for Selena, she has had to deal with these lies for so long.

* Even though ExposingSMG has re-marketed themselves as general celeb gossip blog 'Exposing Scandalous Media Groups', they started off as 'Exposing Selena Marie Gomez' and that was their main focus back in the day, even when Selena was just a teen. They are a mean spirited site of bullies and always have been! They believe nearly every celeb relationship is faked for PR and has a contract! Almost every nasty rumor about Selena started there.

**I strongly believe this is one of the biggest reasons why Taylor has hated Scooter for so long

So! TLDR: 1) CDAN is garbage***, believe nothing from there and 2) rumors about Selena are even more suspect and less likely to be true than those about your average celeb.

*** and dangerous garbage now that the QAnons are using his site to brainwash folks, so try to save your co-worker before she starts believing in pizzagate!

Comment

Working...
                                X