No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh come on, guys! This Katie and Chris thing has some potential.

I for one think it's high time for the big screen remake of Today's Special, seldom remembered 80s Nickelodeon/PBS offering. I can see it now: Katie as Jodie, the spunky shop girl, and Chris as Jeff, the store mannequin who comes to life once his jaunty hat is placed upon his head.

As an extra bonus, playing the part of Sam, the puppet security gaurd, Jason Alexander!

I should pitch this.

Comment

• There is no role in this world better suited to Chris Klein than that of a store mannequin. Regina, you are a genius.

(Does he have to come alive, though? Really?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cranberry

(Does he have to come alive, though? Really?)
        As long as we can keep him away from that dastardly jaunty hat. It's a jaunty hat of doom, Amy. Of DOOM!

Comment

• As long as Muffy is there with her really cool high rise apartment inside the department store...with the elevator and stuff.

Wait....did that happen or am I imagining it?
          Suck it.

Comment

• Um, the using real names is starting to confuse me a little bit. I *know* Amy=Cran but Amy also = Fox in my world. And when Victrola said something about Muffy I actually wondered if that was a pet name for Puppet of Love or something.

It would be one thing if there was only one new person but there are several and I think it's fair that other posters have considered this confusing.

Make an effort, k? Thanks. <----MODERATOR, for those trying to figure out who is in charge and who is just bitchy board whore.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rathmel
              Smells like a drunken escapade to me. I've already seen reports of a coming annulment.
              Of course, this is just before she goes into rehab for her drinking problem. Or, in PR-speak, Hospitalized due to exhaustion.

Her 15 minutes were up ages ago and she's just getting by on the vapors of tween nostalgia.

ETA - the Katie and Chris movie thing? Sort of like Tom and Nic in reverse, but not.
              Last edited by Res; 01-05-2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• The annulment has already happened kids, and the PR machine is already in full steam ahead mode. Although apparently the ex-hubby isn't talking. Tending to his broken heart I guess.

Comment

• Most important thing I've gained from the dozens of articles on Britney's marriage:
                  Spears was back at Rain on Thursday night in a VIP booth and had the crowd buzzing about her behavior when she was spotted kissing one of her female dancers -- smooches that made her infamous Madonna liplock look tame.
                  I don't care who she is or whether or not I ever liked her. I completely admit to being shallow. Famous girls macking on girls = girls macking on girls in the media = more pictures of lesbians spread around the world = more pictures of lesbians in my room = my mother THAT MUCH MORE UNCOMFORTABLE walking into my room.

Go Britney! Dyke out! You know you want to.

Comment

• It seems as if Mr. Spears' broken heart has been Scotch-taped together long enough for him to give his first interview to Inside Edition.

I don't like Britney much, but I hate that Justin is getting a laugh out of this because I can't stand him.

Comment

• I've been thinking about it and I have to say that while media gadflys are asking "What was she thinking?" I don't have to ask because I totally understand. If I had made it to Vegas with a male friend when I was her age I probably would have gotten married, too, just to say I did.

Hell, I might have married a stranger, if only to be able to consummate the marriage without that weirdness that would go with sleeping with friends! My BFF and I used to always say that we wanted our first marriage to be completely spontaneous and crazy.

She's young! Let her have fun, people!
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• The thing is, she asked for it with all her "virgin until marriage" talk and her attempts to portray herself as this sweet southern girl. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a quickie marriage in Vegas which you later have annulled, just that if you are her you need to expect some heat for it.

In related news, a handwriting expert says the marriage was definitely not consumated since her signature on the marriage license didn't appear to show her in a sexy mood.

Comment

• Hmm. The annulment didn't say anything about consumatin'!

I have a HUGE issue with the Britney as Virgin Whore thing. HUGE. First of all, I think she was pretty darn young when she declared herself a Virgin Until Marriage and I want to know what asshole/parent told pronouncing that would be a good idea. At the very least she should have been told to say that her private life was private, dammit! It just served to reinforce the absurd fixation our country has concerning the vaginas of young women! GAH. Attaching value to a girl's virginity -- as though it were a thing instead of an increasingly difficult to define experience -- makes me INSANE.

I need to go have a drink.

Comment

• ITA about the fixation this country has about sexuality and the sexuality of young girls in particular. As a woman and a mother of a future woman I must say

OT but kind of related. My cousin married one of those "virgins until marriage" and she proceeded to cheat on him with 3 different men in the course of a year. I guess she decided marriage was a free pass to sex it up with anyone who looked at her sideways. As much as I love my cousin, I couldn't resist giving him a big fat I Told You So when I found out.

Comment

• Monica's finally knocked up. I guess I'm happy for her and all, since she's been trying for a while, but does the world really need more Arquettes?

Comment

• Only more Alexises. Did you ever see Sometimes they come back...again where he had to make out with Hilary Swank? It was like the battle of the big lips.

I'm more annoyed with the commercials stating that Friends is "the best comedy ever." Excuse me? EVER?
                                "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

Working...
                                X