No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to google if his parents, because my first thought was that either they went through a turrible divorce and he's desperately seeking a stable relationship to counteract all of that, or they're still together and he idolizes their perfect love so much he keeps seeking out something similar. At least, that's how my serial monogamist friends operate. It all moves way fast and combusts in a couple of years, max. This is alllll spec, but it would maybe explain how he went from a three year engagement with Alanis to the pretty immediate marriage to ScarJo. Dude wants to be a hubs something fierce.

Sidenote: I love that someone on Yahoo Answers answered the question "Who are Ryan Reynolds' parents?" with "His parents are his mother and father."

Comment

• I'm totally on board the famewhore train with Boobs and I don't doubt for a second that this is not all about love and puppies for her. But she was doing pretty well with the previous strategy so the shift is a little baffling to me. Maybe they weren't getting the results they wanted? Wevs, I'm just gonna buy into your SWF theory wholeheartedly and stop asking questions.

Comment

• There is nothing about Blake that is appealing to the soccer mom contingent yet, so you might be right. There's always been the whiff of eau de skank about her as well as that feel of 'lock up your husbands'.

I don't know if this move is going to do it for her, but nice try.

Comment

• Hee! I'm like the one person in the world who doesn't hate Blake Lively. Wevs, she was nice to Kristen on a VF shoot back before Kristen was super famous and I'm easy. Also Blake's older brother played Kristen's rapist in Speak and he and Robyn (Teen Witch!) went with Blake to the MMAs and sat right behind R/K and Taylor. When R/K won Best Kiss, Blake and Ryan presented them with the award and then Rob kissed Taylor so in like 45 seconds of TV time, we unintentionally saw 4 different guys who Kristen has kissed onscreen. /cool story, bro

Penn is friends with Nikki Reed so he's dead to me. And I feel like part of Ryan Reynolds's thing is having a child-bride because he very briefly and quietly dated Charlize before hooking up with Blake but she is a full on grown-up (with a baby) and it was very short-lived.

I can totally buy everyone on GG thinks she's a hosebeast but everyone on GG has their own dramz too. Penn is tainted. Leighton's people went after Rob and tried to float a rumor that they had hooked up when Rob wasn't even in the country. Both Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle had marriages that imploded spectacularly IIRC and then showed up at Cannes together? Momsen. Nuff said. Conor Paolo is an asshole. (Why can't I think of other GG cast members?) Chase seems harmless since he's preoccupied with staying in the closet. Ed epitomizes meh to me.

Blake is the least offensive of that motley crew to me.

Comment

• Leighton is my girl and I will not accept madnonos about her!

SHE WAS BORN IN PRISON and her mother is AWFUL. Leave her alone! Hee! And PR people are always pushing some bullshit agenda.

*harrumph*
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I don't hate Blake, I just find her mega TRY verray amusing. BUT to anyone who 's Leighton! That poor girl's mother SUED her for not continuing to finance her life, despite Leighton doing it for like a decade or something. Plus, she's by far the most talented actor/tress on the whole show and possibly the whole CW.

Comment

• ETA: I am almost crying laughing over how heated a discussion of actresses of the CW can be.
                Last edited by isadora; 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Allegedly Blake and Penn Badgely spilt because she wanted commitment and he did not. I thought this was proved untrue when she hooked up with DiCaprio, but maybe there was some truth in it.
                  Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I'm completely consumed with Blake Lively now!

"When I was doing The Town, I'd tour the actors around Boston. I was with Blake, and I saw Matt's childhood home," Ben Affleck recounted to the magazine. And I said, 'Oh yeah, that's where Matt grew up.' And she said, 'Who?' And I said, 'Matt Damon." And she said, 'Oh my God! You know Jason Bourne?!'"

Then it hit him.

"She really didn't know. And I thought, 'There it is. The first age of people who are adults who missed the whole Matt-and-Ben propaganda campaign!" he added. "Mostly, it just made me feel old."

Well, Ben, you are over the hill now, having just turned 40 last month!

To be fair, the 25-year-old Lively was only 11 back in 1998 when Good Will Hunting came out and made Affleck and Damon household names, so the Gossip Girl star can be forgiven for not knowing about the hoopla over them at the time. (We guess she didn't see Mindy Kaling's spoof of Affleck in the latter's 2003 off-Broadway smash Matt & Ben, either).
                    25 is young! But could somebody who has spent her entire young life striving for fame not know that the guy who hired her to be in his movie won an Oscar WITH Matt Damon? It seems impossible for her, though not impossible for other young people, if that makes sense.

Comment

• I call heaps and HEAPS of bullshit on that. Like, I would rain down bullshit on it from the skies. Her entire family is in the business and she has older actor siblings who are around Matt and Ben's ages. There's no way her family doesn't watch the Oscars every year or that they would have somehow missed that one year. Plus, Boobs is a PRO. If nothing else, she comes to work prepared. She would have probably watched Ben's entire filmography before shooting for The Town began. I need a "SIT DOWN, Boobs Legsly" gif stat.

Comment

• I just read up on her. I am with you on the rain of bullshit here!

Lively was born in Tarzana, Los Angeles, the daughter of actors Elaine Lively (nťe McAlpin) and Ernie Lively (born Ernest W. Brown).[1] She was raised as a Southern Baptist.[2] She is the youngest of five children:[3] she has an older brother, Eric, two half-sisters, Lori and Robyn, and a half-brother, Jason. Both of her parents and all of her siblings are, or have been, in the entertainment industry.[4] During Lively's childhood, her parents would take her with them to acting classes that they taught because they did not want to leave her with a babysitter.[4] Lively said that watching her parents teach acting classes helped her learn the "drills" of acting and gain confidence as she got older.[3][4]
                        Lively was initially not particularly interested in acting (like when she was an embryo?). During the summer between her junior and senior years of high school, her brother Eric, asked his agent to send her out on a few auditions over a period of a few months. From these few auditions, she got the role of Bridget for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.[5] Lively filmed her scenes in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants between her junior and senior years at Burbank High School.[5]

Lively began her acting career at age 11, when she appeared in the 1998 film Sandman, which was directed by Lively's father. Lively describes her role in the film as having been a "bit part".[6] Lively appeared in the film adaptation of the novel of the same name, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, in 2005 as Bridget, one of the four female leads. Lively's performance in the film earned her a nomination for a Teen Choice Award for "Choice Movie Breakout – Female."[citation needed]
                        She was acting by the time Matt & Ben won their Oscar. She might have been exactly the age to have a crush on one of them.

Also? I thought this snippet on how checked out Ben Affleck is was funny:
                        Jennifer Garner is such a supermom, as her Oscar winning hubby admits he pretty much leaves all the parenting up to her!

Ben Affleck opens up about his career and how he manages to be one of Hollywood’s leading men, and most successful directors while balancing the duties of being a father and a husband, in a new interview, and RadarOnline.com has the details.

Affleck has spent the last seven years married to Garner, and is the father to three children with her, Seraphina, Violet and Samuel.

While the Affleck/Garner clan seem to represent the best of a Hollywood nuclear family, Affleck admits that balancing work with family life can be challenging, and that he hands off the majority of the familial duties to his wife.

“I am not very present in the rest of my life. My wife's very patient. She does everything,” Affleck said in a new interview with Details magazine, admitting also that most of the time, even with his family, his mind is elsewhere.

"If I have time, I try to spend time with the kids, even if just to be a physical presence, the bath, whatever. But my mind's always going, 'How are we going to light that shot tomorrow?’”

That said, Affleck says that his creative choices have changed enormously since the dreaded 2003 year where he made several box office and critical flops including the legendarily terrible Gigli.

“Now everything has to compete with being with my family. I don't want to be a stay-at-home dad. Work is very important to me. I like to work. So does my wife. But I need my work to mean something to me in order for me to not be home with them.”
                        It's a weird mix of: It's a bummer to be home with them but, obviously, they are my priority. Kinda.

I also don't like how Ben talks about his Bennifer days as if they were not The Best because, clearly, they were.

Now I'm thinking that Garner's tears were not about Garber but about how bored and lonely she is in her marriage. And how her getting out to see SpyDaddy reminded her of that. Hee!

Comment

• First photos of Blake and Ryan after the ceremony.

Comment

• I don't believe we've talked about what the hell is going on with Amanda Bynes. Somewhere Jennie Garth is laughing, amirite?

So, I was thinking about the Amanda Bynes Timeline and I'm too tired to pull up all the posts but basically:

- Amanda Bynes was a Nick star in the Dan Schneider school of entertainment.
                            - It is rumored that Schneider knocked her up and she had an abortion (while she was a teen and he's much older).
                            - She has taken care of her parents financially for years so they don't seem to have much say or sway over her.
                            - She was allegedly a monster to Jennie Garth (Roly may dispute this in the future) on that show they were on together.
                            - Had a Twitter that was filled with crazy.
                            - Retired from acting two years ago. But even then people were speculating about her behavior.
                            - She is now on a rampage of intoxicated or mentally ill wanderings wherein she gets in her car and drives about aimlessly.
                            - Her neighbors claim she often talks to inanimate objects.

Drugs or mental illness? Perhaps both? Self-medicating from something, I'd guess. People: NEVER let your children be on TV. Or in movies.
                            Last edited by isadora; 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Word.

It's just sad, yo. Sometimes some people are just too sad to talk about. She's starting to Lohan right before our eyes!

Comment

• Speaking of, Lohan just tweeted this:

Lindsay Lohan ‏@lindsaylohan
                                Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far?
                                STFU, Lohan.

Wow, she's an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X