Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isadora
    I think she was pretty darn young when she declared herself a Virgin Until Marriage and I want to know what asshole/parent told pronouncing that would be a good idea. At the very least she should have been told to say that her private life was private, dammit!
    To further defend Britney (because defending the poptartlets is what I do, don't you know), I hate to be all nitpicky, but in the clip of the virgin announcement they showed on 20/20, she actually said that she wanted to wait until she got married but in a way that said she probably wouldn't. Hee. You know, like, "I think it'd be great if I made it that long, but I know I'll probably want some JT lovin' because our relationship is SO going public in about six months." Something like that.

I remember my friend and I discussing it later.

As far as the asshole/parent thing, didn't her big V announcement come after Jessica Simpson had discussed how she wasn't going to do the do until she got married and she made a committment blah blah blah not to do it?

Comment

• As a walking memory bank of pop culture, she didn't made a statement about it on her own, a reporter asked her point blank if she was a virgin and you could see that moment where she was trying hard to think, but it just wasn't something she was used to doing cross over her face.

Of course, she chose to defend her statement later when she should have told them to stuff it and concentrate on her music. But then they might take a critical eye to her music, so maybe it was all for the best.
      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Why do I miss all of these interviews when they happen the first time?

Also, I remember when reporters kept asking Brandy if she was a virgin, and she would always tell them it wasn't their business. Or, you know, that she didn't want to talk about sex.

Funnily enough, I don't remember anyone questioning Monica about those things. Maybe because she was the one with the "attitude."

Comment

• I believe it was a small press conference in Germany (?) to promote a tour or something. I think she was still fairly young at the time though; like 18 or 19.
          "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• I was reading the 70s Show thread but I don't watch, so I'm putting this here. For some reason, I keep catching Punk'd on MTV. Sometimes the pranks are lame, but I really find Ashton's shit disturbing streak infectious and he never fails to have me laughing.

I keep reading stuff about Cameron Crowe not just firing him from Elizabethtown but firing him with flair because he sucked.

So I guess I'm asking if Dude Where's My Car shows me his whole range.

[old news] And the whole Demi Moore thing is just weird. I get creeped out when I see him with Demi, Bruce and the girls. *shudders* It's thisclose to a commune.

Comment

• Isn't the story supposedly that Cameron Crowe actually made the (completely serious) suggestion that he take acting lessons before it came down to him being fired? Heh. And then there's another story where Ashton supposedly lost out on a part (or was dropped) from an upcoming Soderbergh flick where comments were made that they were unsure he was "up to par professionally".

But I've heard the initial reviews for his dramatic acting in The Butterfly Effect are not too bad (although the ones for the movie as a whole have not been so hot).

Comment

• That movie looks BAD.

I love him as Kelso and Dude, Where's My Car? but I don't exactly want to see him play Hamlet.
                Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I've seen that The Butterfly Effect trailer a few times now and it looks very very bad, especially since they give away the entire plot in the trailer (a trend that makes me ). What I keep thinking is, if Ashton Kutcher was good in Dude, Where's My Car? and its kind, why can't he just accept that this is his level and excel within that constraint? I mean, remember when Robin Williams was funny?

Comment

• I remember when Tom Hanks was funny.

Corey, I totally forgot about the Soderbergh thing. You're right. BWAH!

I thought TBE looked interesting but like Vanessa, I hate when they give the plot away.

Comment

• There is a blind item report at gawker.com that Jessica Simpson is pregnant! OMB. That poor child! You know the Simpsons are not exactly capable of being parents. Perhaps Jessica's parents will raise another child that is incapable of taking care of his or her self!
                      Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hollywood star Christina Applegate is having difficulties excusing herself from the jury in the forthcoming Robert Blake murder trial. The Sweetest Thing actress has been trying to get out of her civic duty by claiming professional obligations prevent her from serving on a four to five month trial. Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Darlene Schempp is yet to oblige Christina's request, even though Spinal Tap star Harry Shearer has already been excused on the same grounds. Her manager Tami Lynn is hopeful, saying, "We expect to know later in the week." Baretta actor Blake has been accused of murdering his wife Bonnie Lee Bakley in Studio City, California in May 2001.
                        Not that I'd want to be on the jury, but unless she's signed for a project with a studio that could sue her for breach of contract, I really don't see how she can claim it's a hardship.

Why didn't she just say "Only God can judge!" and hold some rosaries?

Comment

• If one is supposed to be tried by a jury of one's peers, shouldn't Starsky, Hutch, Jim Rockford and the S.W.A.T. team be sitting in the benches?

I don't understand how they can ever get anyone to be a juror in a case with so much media exposure (ie: Simpson, Peterson), given that they ask you if you're familiar with the details of the case when you're questioned. Who isn't familiar with it all?

I just wonder, if convicted, the judge will look at him and remind him that he shouldn't have done the crime if he can't do the time.

Comment

• I heard a report yesterday on CNN's headline news that Spaulding Gray has been missing since Sunday but I've not seen any news reports since them. Anybody hear about that?

ETA: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13267,00.html

You can always count on E! Heh.
                            Last edited by isadora; 01-14-2004, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• I saw it on Yahoo! News right under a report about Britney's hometown becoming a tourist spot for lookie-loos.

Comment

• The Spaulding story makes me so sad, and I'm hoping her hasn't killed himself. I saw a live performance of Gray's Anatomy a bazillion years ago and fell totally in love.

In other news, there's a story in today's LA Times wondering if Michael Jackson's attorneys are going to try and play the race card. Umm, what race would that be exactly?

Comment

Working...
                                X