No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's my feeling about it and I'm almost always proven right about these things in the long run.
    Hee! I just said this exact same thing about myself to someone this weekend. Snerk. I was explaining to her that one thing probably caused this other thing and she was like, there's no proof of that and I was like, well I'm usually proven right eventually so we'll seeeee. /humble

I knew Matt was a cheater and that Ann was unceremoniously fired but I had NO IDEA Matt cheated with the other TDS ladies! That seems crazy stupid and there's gotta be a plethora of nubile wannabe anchors/models who want to bang Matt Lauer. He is NBC's highest paid employee!

Comment

• Did you all see the video that was going around a month or 2 ago where Al Roker blatantly refers to Matt Lauer getting Ann Curry kicked off the show in a hilariously bitchy way, on the air, right in front of Mattt Lauer and everything gets awkward? It's the most I've ever liked Al Roker in my life.

Comment

• Everybody denied that Roker was talking about Lauer specifically and they had bantered about throwing under busses before.

That said, Matt looked totally nervous in that moment.

Vanity Fair details the non-salacious parts:
        Speaking of awkward morning-television segments, on Thursday, Al Roker took a moment during a Today group interview with several Olympic rowers to slip in an apparent dig at Matt Lauer over his rumored involvement in Ann Curry’s firing. The incident occured while members of the U.S. women’s rowing team were telling Roker, Lauer, and Curry’s successor, Savannah “No Shame in Singing with Shawn Colvin on Live Television” Guthrie, about their post-Games tradition, which involves tossing a teammate in the water immediately after a race.
        “The tradition here in New York is you throw her in the Hudson River,” Lauer quipped, to laughter from the crowd assembled outside Rockefeller Center.

Eight seconds later, as Lauer was about to wrap up the segment, Roker chimed in, “Which is different than our tradition, which is you throw one of us under the bus. But that’s another story.”

Lauer, who could have used a dunk in the Hudson River to ease that epic burn, laughed awkwardly before chiming back, “Mr. Roker!”

It has been rumored that Lauer, who has hosted Today since 1997, pressured NBC to dismiss Curry, his co-anchor since June 2011. The pair’s relationship, which never appeared as natural on-air as Lauer’s with previous co-anchors Katie Couric or Meredith Vieira, seemed especially awkward during Curry’s televised good-bye, during which she tearfully thanked viewers and apologized for not being able to “carry the ball over the finish line.” Lauer responded only by leaning back on the couch nearby and offering a few courteous remarks. His official welcome to Guthrie was much more animated, with a champagne toast and a surprise appearance by her favorite musician, Shawn Colvin.
        This body language analysis of the Today Show cast is AMAZING. Ha!

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Before I forget: Either Matt deemed Ann unfuckable or he *tried* to get up on that in the previous 15 years and was rebuffed. That's my guess, anyway.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I totally believe that theory.

I have always felt like he was skeevy, so all of this confirms my no-good-reason bias against him.

Comment

• Celebrities as Regular People: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1670357/...gular-people#1

AMAZEBALLS.

I really love Kristen and Rob: http://www.fastcodesign.com/multisit...hiltron-72.jpg

Somehow, Gwyneth Paltrow still ended up beautiful, though.

Comment

• I've seen that celebs as regular people stuff before--the Kanye & Kim was is amazing!

But back to Matt Lauer for a minute:
                Matt Lauer was sick and tired of being badmouthed about Ann Curry being fired from the Today show, and he wasn't going to take it any more.

That's the backstory to a new report alleging that TODAY executive producer Jim Bell claiming Ann's move from the morning anchor desk was all his idea was actually engineered by Lauer.

“Matt wanted Jim to do it. Matt was sick of being the punching bag.” a source told The New York Post.

As RadarOnline.com reported, on Wednesday, TODAY executive producer Jim Bell took the fall for the unpopular decision which has led to a ratings decline and a sea of bad blood at the NBC morning show.

"Matt feels that Jim didn’t take accountability for all the ratings drama at Today, the source told The Post. "Jim was away at the Olympics, getting all the glory. So Lauer forced Jim to stand in the firing line. Matt wanted Jim to take responsibility.”
                Wow, the trash mag media has turned on Matt! Somebody at Today must hate his ass to constantly feed stories like these to keep it alive, you know? Or maybe they are trying to steal some of poor Robin's sickly thunder?

Comment

• I don't watch any of these morning programs, but I am perfectly willing to accept the consensus that Matt Lauer = asshole. Truenuf for me. That body language thing was ridiculously sublime. And convincing!

Anne Hathway's wedding pic: http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-09-30/a...vealed-photos/

The headpiece is questionable, but I sincerely love the giant poofy dress.

Comment

• Thought it was a blindfold, for reals. Like, hm, okay, kinky wedding photo.

Comment

• That headpiece is crazy!

Comment

• According to the Daily Mail (lol), Ashton and Demi were legally married after all.
                        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-married.html

So they were married after all! Document solves riddle of whether Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore were legally husband and wife

But they are named as spouses in a new uncovered quitclaim deed, which is a legal instrument by which the owner of a piece of real property, called the grantor, transfers his or her interest to a recipient, called the grantee.
                        The paper, obtained by InTouch, shows that Demi, 49, gave up her claim to a piece of property in Los Angeles, a move that no doubt put a smile on wealthy Ashton's face.
                        The Striptease favourite signed the document in March, suggesting the pair may be finding their own way of divvying up their rich portfolio of assets.
                        But note that the doc is *not* a marriage license. Dunno why it is so hard for a tab to dig one up, if one exists. It makes me wonder if the quitclaim deed came about because they were common law married, not legal ceremony married. Common law might require such things, even though you don't have to get any kind of official divorce.

Comment

• I had zero interest in the Johnny Lewis murder case until I read Taylor Negron's loving tribute to the woman that was killed: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to...r-johnny-lewis

If you look at initial reports of the death of Johnny Lewis -- the "Sons of Anarchy" actor and, as all the media outlets have made sure to note, the ex of Katy Perry -- the name of the woman he is accused of brutally and horrifically murdering is not even mentioned at all.

Her name is Catherine Davis. And she is a Hollywood legend. A near saint.

And a kind and loving mother to so many, including me.

A writer, artist and entrepreneur, the media later explained her as an “elderly 81-year-old woman." This could maybe be used to describe her bones.

Cathy Davis was a woman of astounding energy and clear-minded self-creation. The house she rented to accused killer Johnny Lewis -- and to me, Parker Posey, Thomas Jane, Chris Parnell, Paula Poundstone, and so many others -- was known to us as the "Writer's Villa." It is located in an affluent part of Los Feliz and was built in 1927 to resemble a Villa in Spain or Italy. The original bathrooms of Malibu tile still exist, reflected by the beveled mirrors in the medicine cabinet. Hand-painted pink. Turquoise and lemon yellow ceramic tiles are inlaid in the sunny staircase that is at the center of the house leading to a carved door that is always open.

Comment

• I JUST read that tribute before coming here! Aw. So sad. Sounds like he had a drug-induced psychotic break? I know if I caught somebody beating my cat? I'd try to stop him and end up dead, too.

I'm super crazy about my pets (but I try to keep it cool to appear normal). Like the fact that our old cat loves our new house so much? Makes me like the house better. /crazy.

Comment

• God, that is so tragic and awful! What an amazing broad. Before that tribute, I actually hadn't read much about it beyond "Katy Perry's ex, Sons of Anarchy star" and I'm not sure if the initial Yahoo article I read even mentioned a murder.

Comment

• Can I be sad for Rihanna for a minute?

She's gorgeous, rich, famous, etc. BUT she's also such a sad sack! I mean, this Chris Brown fixating and her telling Oprah that after being BEATEN by the man her concern was FOR HIM first of all! I mean, ugh! I can't take it. And she's clearly been sleeping with him off and on for ages and they were spotted making out in a club and he left her hotel doing the walk of shame this morning--and looking like a smug little shithead! And he got that fugly tattoo on his neck that looks like her beaten face (and even though he says it's some ugly image it is still a woman's jacked-up face).

I just want them to take their millions and get therapy!

Comment

Working...
                                X