No announcement yet.

Mean-Spirited Celebrity Gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have always found her kind of boring and a little funny-looking, but this was an awesome bit of grace under pressure. I probably would have started crying or something.

Comment

• It's okay: Anne Hathaway hates her haters.

Bdw, this is one of my favorite Onion articles ever. Diesel and I were DYING over it on FB when it first came out.

Area Woman's Baseless Hatred Of Anne Hathaway Reciprocated

HOLLYWOOD, CA—Actress Anne Hathaway admitted to reporters Thursday that she feels the same baseless hatred for a Massachusetts woman that the woman feels toward her. "You can tell Cathy Lerro's totally in love with herself, even though she's really just fucking annoying," Hathaway said in reference to the 36-year-old Sudbury resident, who the Devil Wears Prada star grudgingly acknowledged was decent that one time as an office manager but hasn't done anything nearly that good since. "Ugh. Just hearing her name makes me kind of ill. And that voice." When questioned further by reporters, Hathaway vehemently denied her hatred for Lerro was motivated by jealousy.
      In unrelated news? Haylor Swiles is my favorite celeb couple moniker in forevah! I LOVE IT.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Kate Winslet has married somebody named Ned Rock'n'roll.

http://www.people.com/people/article...659821,00.html

Talk about a Titanic secret.

Kate Winslet has tied the knot with Richard Branson's nephew, Ned Rocknroll, her rep tells PEOPLE.

"I can confirm that Kate Winslet married Ned Rock'nRoll in NY earlier this month in a private ceremony attended by her two children and a very few friends and family," the rep says. "The couple had been engaged since the summer."

According to British media reports, Leonardo DiCaprio gave away the bride in a ceremony so secret that the bride and groom's parents didn't know about it.

The Oscar-, Golden Globe- and Emmy-winning actress, 37, has been dating Rocknroll, 34, (his legal name) since fall of 2011.

In August 2011, she and Rocknroll were on the same Caribbean island owned by Branson when a fire broke out and Winslet rescued Branson's 90-year-old mother.

Winslet previously was married to Sam Mendes and Jim Threapleton.

Comment

• BuzzFeed gives us a little more info: http://www.buzzfeed.com/hillaryreins...slets-latest-m

First of all, yes: his last name is really Rocknroll. Well, legally. But no, it's obviously not his birth name. He was born Ned Abel Smith. Also: he's Richard Branson's nephew. The pair first hooked up in August 2011, when they were both guests at Branson's home on Necker Island. While they were on the island, there was a terrible fire at the house.It was also revealed that Winslet carried Branson's 90-year-old mother out of the burning house. A few weeks after they got back, they started dating. While they were on the island, he had just separated from a 23-year-old wife, and she was also in a relationship with a model. So when they got together it was news. Rocknroll now works for his uncle at Virgin, doing something related to marketing and/or astronauts. According to LinkedIn, his specific role is "Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience at Virgin Galactic."
          (that sounds choppy, because there were pics in between each sentence.)

Anyway, I think Kate Winslet has lost her damn mind.

The way they met (billionaire's private island ON FIRE!, rescuing 90 yr old grandma) is very much the set up for a Harlequin, right? But you'd never name the alpha male in a Harlequin romance 'Ned Rocknroll', and nor would he work a bullshit job for his uncle.

Comment

• Right? I totally disapprove of him despite my deep and endless love for Miss Kate.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Ditto. I don't even want to know what he looks like. The only thing about the situation I'm okay with is Leo giving her away, because I know there are still crazy Leo/Kate shippers out there and that detail must be a dagger in their collective heart.

Comment

• That gif!!!! OMB.

Applicable in so many fandom situations.

http://www.etonline.com/news/128568_...now/index.html

Why did Winslet's beau change his name to Ned Rocknroll? According to his ex-wife Eliza Pearson, he thought people took themselves too seriously. "It was hysterical. We had discussed him doing this many times before, but I wasn’t sure whether he'd do it," Pearson said (via London Daily Mail). "The whole thing was about having fun with your name. He thought we all took ourselves too seriously so it was about reacting against it. He looked into just being 'Ned', with no surname at all but, apparently, that’s illegal so we couldn't do it."
                He's just a super fun guy! Well, that's all right then.

Comment

• They didn't tell their parents? And Leo giving her away is v. cute, but he signed off on a dude with the last name Rocknroll!

Comment

• She's becoming Marianne Dashwood! (Not my preferred adaptation of Sense & Sensibility, but still). She needs a sensible Colonel to come along and love her after this rake breaks her heart (and you know he will).

Comment

• Will and Amy on the subway, briefly re-united to spend xmas with their adorable ginger moppets: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...cture-20122612

Heartbreaking! And someone needs to take Amy jean shopping, because those are not good.

Comment

• Saaaaad! There is violin music in my head.

Comment

• KBell and Dax tweeted this pic of her and Dax in matching sweaters: http://www.whosay.com/kristenbell/photos/267006

Have we decided what her baby names are going to be yet?

Kinda feeling 'Dax Jr.', with them calling the kid 'D.J.'. Dunno why.

Comment

• Got to say that Buzz Feed makes a pretty strong argument for why Kate and Leo should be together.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/k...hould-be-toget

Never thought about it, because a) I've never seen Titanic, and b) Leo is a serial modelizer, so I didn't think he was good enough for KW. But if she's going to marry a guy named Ned Rocknroll, then . . .

Comment

• Their argument falls apart at the end for me because she DOES let him go. Literally. Or, more exactly, she pries his cold, dead hands off her and watches him sink down to be fish food. <-- spoiler tagging for ophy who's never seen (?!) the movie. The kiss-blowing gif is wonderful, though.

[OT]I just realized that all this time I've thought SMH stood for "so much hate" and it actually means "shaking my head." Dumb internet slang.

Comment

• Ha! You don't have to spoiler tag anything about Titanic for me. I'm never really planning on seeing it (and I'd have to have lived in a cave not to know the whole story). I've never seen The Notebook, either, but it ain't like I don't know that he builds her a house.

It does stand for 'so much hate'! Doesn't it? Could have sworn it did.

Comment

Working...
                                X