Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanessa
    replied
    Re: Whedon - a few more people have chimed in, including Amy Acker. Eliza Dushku:
    David Boreanaz: And Marti Noxon: ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    He got bullied into it, but it’s not the worst apology I’ve ever seen - none of that “I am sorry IF anyone was offended” crap. It’s just words and he needs to put action behind it, but at least they were some reasonable words.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    JT apologized to Britney and Janet today.

Harrumph.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    J August Richards always seems like a good person.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    Oh I agree. I just expect nothing of white men. And I have heard rumor that Boreanaz, like Nathan Fillion, is his own set of problems. AH and AA I perhaps unfairly side-eye because they always seemed very friendly with Joss, and benefited from his favorites system.
    This is where I'm coming from, too. I mean, fuck the patriarchy forever and ever, but also if you stay silent because you enjoy the benefits and protection of the patriarchy while you watch your female coworkers suffer, I'mma side eye you.

But I'd forgotten that they were both probs sleeping with Joss at some point which does make their silence now make more sense even if it also makes it more gross.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Anthony Stewart Head gave an interview about this, so there is one man. He said he had just spent a night awake beating himself up for not having known. It was not the strongest statement of support, but I have kind feelings toward him so I am not going to quibble too much over it. Oh, and Buffy/Giles is still a super creepy and wrong ship.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Joss played intense favorites with his actresses and Aly and Amy were DEFINITELY his favorites. And rumor has it he banged his favorites. So... it's probably not a great thing for them to speak out if someone else can pop up and go: You didn't seem mad when you was fucking him, did ya?

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Oh I agree. I just expect nothing of white men. And I have heard rumor that Boreanaz, like Nathan Fillion, is his own set of problems. AH and AA I perhaps unfairly side-eye because they always seemed very friendly with Joss, and benefited from his favorites system. But I take your point that they could have been doing the best they could.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Dudes, it's the MEN who need to speak up. I'm not side eyeing the women (who all might have differing levels of PTSD about the whole thing at this point.).

DAVID BOREANAZ WHAT'S GOOD.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Yeah, same. I actually have been checking them the past 24 hours just to make sure I am continued in this disappointment. It’s a shame because I loved Amy Acker in Person of Interest so much.

Also, all the people on Firefly, which judging by the product, you know was problematic. What does Morena Baccarin really think here? Alan Tudyk was quoted a while ago saying “I never saw any problems” which is “I support my fellow white men!”

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    Every time someone comes forward with stories about Joss Whedon, I always side eye Alyson Hannigan's and Amy Acker's dead fucking silence because it's always THERE.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Gah. Laurelai had the worst ships. I mean, I preferred Christopher but just barely because Luke was so ugly. And now both actors are the worst. Sounds about right.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    In trying to find out if I can still ship Rory/Logan, I discovered that Matt Czuchry* knows who the father of Rory's baby is!

*no record of any Trump support, whew.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...gilmore-girls/

Amy and Dan, they told me who the father of the baby was, and they said, ‘Yeah, you can tell whoever you want.’ And I never have because one, that’s for them to say. Ultimately this is Amy and Dan’s show and it’s Lauren show and it’s Alexis’ show. It’s not mine. And so, for me, it doesn’t feel like the right place to say who it may or may not be,” the Resident star exclusively told Us Weekly on Friday, January 8. “Also, if we do come back, they may change their minds. So it could become somebody else. Those are the reasons why I’ve never said what they told me on set.”

Czuchry has fought off attempts to get him to spill the beans in the years since the cliffhanger. “It’s funny because I have dear friends of mine and my buddy’s wife who’s been a huge fan of Gilmore Girls for so long. We would go out for drinks. And then she tried to say, like, ‘OK so tell me who it is,’” he recalled. “I’m like, ‘Are you really doing this? I’ve known your husband since I was 9 years old. You’re putting drinks in me and trying to get me to tell you! No.’ … I’ve told no one who it might be.”

If Gilmore Girls indeed returns for more episodes, the actor already has ideas about his story line. “If I was writing it, he would be with Rory,” he said. “I think that Logan was a character who was pushed in a certain direction because of his family, that he didn’t want to be in that direction. He wanted to follow his heart and his love, which was Rory, but when he was younger, he didn’t really have the strength to do that. That being said, he also asked Rory to marry him and was going to defy his family. But Rory, if people remember, kind of said no, it wasn’t the right time. … He would do anything for her, including giving up the whole family business.”

Czuchry noted that he would “be lucky to work” with the Palladinos again, adding that his Gilmore Girls costars, including Bledel, 39, Graham, 53, and Milo Ventimiglia, are “really important to me.”

The fact that they told him means it's probably Logan, though, right? I'm just gonna assume yes.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I knew I was right to dislike Luke! Vindicated at last.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I realize only snick and I probably care about this one, but this shook me!

I think this means I have to become a Luke/Lorelai shipper now but I don't wanna!

ETA Oh welp, Scott Patterson is a Trump supporter too, yikes. Max Medina it is, then!

Last edited by ophy; 01-15-2021, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X