No announcement yet.

Generalized Fashion Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think Chastain's shoe is a touch matchy-matchy!
    I hate Chastain's shoes. So very prom.

Comment

Leg curtains slideshow. No DK in there, but there are some truly hideola ones I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Definitely a trend I would like to kill with fire and then bury with a shovel.

Comment

Amy Adams. Love!
          sigpic

Comment

That is so adorbs!

Comment

Also adorbs: Jennifer Lopez

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En...o.ls.52913.jpg

Comment

OMB SO ADOBS!!!!

So is this:

FASHION!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a bannable offense. Isadoraaaaa!!!

Comment

Blanchett, Mirren, and SWINTON. Their awesomeness broken down for us pleebs. Link

Blanchett has my two most favorite Oscar looks ever.

Last edited by IssieCol; 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Swoon! Cate is my everything.

Comment

Mine too. Those two dresses plus Marion's Dior the year she won and then Nicole's chartreuse Dior are definitely my top 4, with a bunch of others shifting places according to my mood rounding out my top 10.

Just for reference for people who don't keep a fashion archive in their brains:

This is the one that Lainey always tells that story about how NK wouldn't fully sit down in the limo so that the dress wouldn't wrinkle. And then Marion's. The details on this dress were insane and looked hella expensive up close.

Comment

Vintage Kidman is my all-time fave.
                          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

My all time fave is still the yellow that MW wore to the Oscars with Heath.

*sob*

Comment

This intrepid trooper read all 902 pgs of Vogue's September issue and live blogged it: http://www.glossedover.com/glossed_o...blog-2013.html

7:22 p.m.

Well, you can tell right away that Plum Sykes wrote this. Here's the opening line: "There was something delicious about arriving in my suite..." Oh, vomit.

7:23 p.m.

Apparently the bride is a "Chanel ambassador," which I guess is why her wedding merits a story in Vogue? Or maybe it's because Plum Sykes' daughters are flower girls. Also, this woman had eleven fittings for her bridal gown. ELEVEN. And "Karl Lagerfeld admires her style," which we know nothing about except that she likes Chanel, which really distinguishes her. Who wouldn't like Chanel, given the budget to afford it?

7:25 p.m.

SHE SENT A MOVIE TO THE CHANEL SALON TO INSPIRE THEM IN CREATING HER DRESS.

7:26 p.m.

The really funny part about this article is that it's written as if all of this--the movie, matching your front door to the color of your favorite Vuitton bag--is normal. But I guess that's Plum Sykes for you.

7:29 p.m.

Skimming the rest--it's mostly cute kid anecdotes, fawning over Pippa Middleton, and a few more opportunities for Sykes to pat herself on the back. What is this strange world these people live in?
                              Right?

I kinda think 'this strange world' is all just fantasy made up by a handful of people to fuel the industry. Nobody actually does/buys any of these things, it's all just stage dressing for a giant hoax.

Comment

So. Selena Gomez's Versayce. Um. I like her, so I guess if a girl wants to wear a torn, vampy mother-of-the-bride dress, the VMAs is the place to do it.

TSwift muttering "Shut the fuck up" re: Harry Styles (and Selena checking if they're, indeed, on camera?) is soooo good.
                                Last edited by LaaLaa; 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X